Windows 10: K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music

Discus and support K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Groove Music refuses to play local MP3's and gives error. I have located the problem to be that I installed K-lite Codec Pack and obviously that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArmaRayo, Oct 16, 2017.

1. ArmaRayo Win User

K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music

Groove Music refuses to play local MP3's and gives error.

I have located the problem to be that I installed K-lite Codec Pack and obviously that messes codecs Groove uses (can use).

I haven't been able to solve Groove's issue - what to do?

Is there some other good codec pack that doesn't mess Groove?

:)

ArmaRayo, Oct 16, 2017

2. MS Media Player has stopped working after installing Windows updates

I think the culprit is the K-Lite codec pack, at least in my case. On my secondary computer that was updated only later today, WMP was working fine with an old version of the K-Lite codec pack (9.5). It's only after I updated to the most recent update
    of the K-Lite codec (13.0) pack that I got the "Program has stopped working" message.

LenientPurse84, Oct 16, 2017
  3. korngear Win User
    Video Converting

K-LITE CODEC PACK is free and install it.

korngear, Oct 16, 2017
  4. klcp Win User

K-Lite is not responsible for your problem. K-Lite (and other packs as well) use a whole different type of codec (DirectShow) then what Groove uses. Groove only uses the standard Media Foundation codecs from Microsoft that come with Windows 10.

Installing the Windows 10 Fall Update may fix your problem.

Thema:

1. K-lite Codec Pack and Groove Music - Similar Threads - lite Codec Pack

2. where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...: This is for windows 11 system. I use freeware players and need to down load codec packs containing ffdshow for the ac3 codec. I was thinking K-lite mega but not sure where it is safe to download it from without getting infected. Anyone know where it is safe to download the...
  3. where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where can a download safe copy of ffdshow or K-lite mega codec pack thats free if malware...: This is for windows 11 system. I use freeware players and need to down load codec packs containing ffdshow for the ac3 codec. I was thinking K-lite mega but not sure where it is safe to download it from without getting infected. Anyone know where it is safe to download the...
  4. K Lite + Filmora X

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    K Lite + Filmora X: I am a complete stranger to everything codec. I have a laptop that I used these two programs combined to make videos and control the language/subtitles. On my new pc I can't get the K Lite to show up in the system tray when I open Filmora X. The icons do show up when I use...
  5. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  6. wmp 12 or groove music needs codec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wmp 12 or groove music needs codec: windows 10 windows media player 12 or groove music can't play wma file needs codec to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-12-or-groove-music-needs-codec/b1064568-ccec-47a9-bb38-6caa4d42fd06
  7. K-Lite Codec

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    K-Lite Codec: On startup got a blank black screen after a small buffering wheel. Using HP Envoy laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. Tried to turn off the machine, couldn't. Closed the laptop, and when I re-opened it the lock screen was on. Usually just flashes by. Hit the space bar, and...
  8. K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update flagged as trojan: Hello. When copying K-Lite Codec Pack 14.8.2 update, no matter where it's downloaded from, file gets quarantined by Windows Defender as a trojan. This must be a false positive, but I want to be sure. 128660
  9. K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta

K-Lite Codec Pack - Beta: [img] Warning These beta versions are for testing purposes. Please report on the forum if you encounter any problems! K-Lite Codec Pack 10.7.8 Changelog: Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.6.279 Updated LAV Filters to version 0.62-58-gd8d8713 Updated ffdshow to...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. k lite stopped

2. mp3 codec for groove music