Windows 10: Kaos after installing Kali Linux

Discus and support Kaos after installing Kali Linux in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There Im a bit of a newbie so I made some silly big mistakes. I wanted to instal Kali Linux in my hard drive to work in my laptop thinking that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JSmith, May 13, 2017.

1. JSmith Win User

Kaos after installing Kali Linux

Hi There
    Im a bit of a newbie so I made some silly big mistakes. I wanted to instal Kali Linux in my hard drive to work in my laptop thinking that I could choose which system (windows or linux) to go for at the beginning of each session. Instead of booting from a CD or installing a Virtual Machine I thought it would be smarter to avoid all the USD - Virtual Box hassle....Big Mistake!.
    While installing Kali I "accepted"+"accepted" without reading through and now its all doomed. I checked around and I downloaded the Windows tool Creator but it doesnt work. I have a bootable USB that gives me access to Trouble shoot but nothing has worked so far - Diskpart-cleandisk-part1-etc.
    Please Help
    Chronological order of what is happening.
    Intel UNDI PXE-2.0
    Exiting PXE ROM
    After trying the Windows Creator Fix tool

Windows cant be installed on Drive 0 Partition 2

In Drive 0 Partition 1 I have 924.3 GB Primary Free Space 0.0 MB
    Drive 0 Partition 2 6.8 GB Free Space 6.8 GB
    and I think I must of created another partition because I have
    Drive 0 Unallocated Space 382.0 MB Free Space 382.0 MB

Cant get my laptop to work Windows.
    Help appreciated!!

Cheers All

:)

JSmith, May 13, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2017
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, May 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you wanting to wipe everything and start with a fresh Windows 10? If so, when you boot from the Windows 10 USB flash drive, at the first screen where it asks for languages, press shift + F10. Then run:

diskpart
    select disk 0
    clean <-This will ERASE the ENTIRE hard drive/ssd!
    exit
    exit

Then after you select the custom install option just highlight the unallocated space and click next to let Windows set everything up.

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2017
  5. JSmith Win User
    Hi

Thanks for your help but I have half of my life in that Laptop including University Essays, projects, hundreds of documents. Is there any way to do it conserving the files?

JSmith, May 13, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    You will need to go into bios/UEFI and check boot order...

If it's defaulting to PXE(as last resort) it's 'cos it can't find Grub or Winload.exe...

In that case you will need to boot into the install media and create the boot files ... using command prompt and bcdboot

Superfly, May 13, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I just noticed this. Did you run the clean command on a selected disk? Like in post number 2? Select disk 0 -> clean?

If so, you erased everything on your hard drive and you might want to leave the computer turned off and take it to a data recovery professional and see if they can save anything from it. Notice the warning I put next to the clean command in Post #2. The reason you leave the computer turned off is because you write anything over the deled data, then that previously deleted data is gone forever.

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2017
  8. JSmith Win User

Ok.Thanks for advice
    Ill take it to a Data Recovery just incase . Better safe than sorry as Itll be a bit risky and I don't want to loose data.

Thank you all guys !!!

JSmith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Kaos after installing Kali Linux - Similar Threads - Kaos installing Kali

2. Can't install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Kali Linux: The problem is that my computer may have some restriction and I can't find how to disable it. I download Kali Linux and at the moment I want to open the folder to install it, the computer opens a window and asks me for which application from the Microsoft store I want to open...
  3. Can't install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Kali Linux: The problem is that my computer may have some restriction and I can't find how to disable it. I download Kali Linux and at the moment I want to open the folder to install it, the computer opens a window and asks me for which application from the Microsoft store I want to open...
  4. kali linux is not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  5. kali linux is not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kali linux is not installing: This app is not installing please resolve my issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux-is-not-installing/86769eba-3ac0-47f0-9fe9-a70fd8db8345
  6. kali linux is not installing

7. Trying to install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install Kali Linux: I'm in cyber security. I just started. I'm trying to install Kali Linux it seemed like it was working and then it seems as though there was a problem. WHat does this mean? I probably didn't put it in the correct sub-topics I'm not sure which sub-topic it goes....
  8. Trying to install Kali Linux

Trying to install Kali Linux: I'm in cyber security. I just started. I'm trying to install Kali Linux it seemed like it was working and then it seems as though there was a problem. WHat does this mean? I probably didn't put it in the correct sub-topics I'm not sure which sub-topic it goes....
  9. kali linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    kali linux: i from were i find the kali linux vhdx file please share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kali-linux/db818b95-3664-4798-9471-d52def94159e
  10. Installing Kali Linux on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Kali Linux on Windows 10: How to install kali linux in windows 10 ***Original title: INSTALLATION*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-kali-linux-on-windows-10/85d6816d-18b8-4b91-9868-bac7be78ac2c