Windows 10: Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

Discus and support Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Woburn, MA – October 16, 2017 – The Kaspersky Lab advanced exploit prevention system has identified a new Adobe Flash zero day exploit, used in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

Source: Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild by a threat actor to deliver spyware

See also: Adobe Security Bulletin

Brink, Oct 15, 2017
  2. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Shilohbob, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

I need to install “Windows Update Standalone Installer”, but I am getting the message:- “The update is not applicable to your computer.”

FWIW/FYI

Although I'm neither a Windows 10 user (I'm on Win 7)nor have I Adobe Flash Player installed: I do use Firefox and have no problems whatsoever with playing online videos.

In addition:

Adobe Flash Player has lots of issues....

AFAIK it got updated today to Version 28.0.0.161

I assume that Microsoft will provide the respective update tomorrow or so.

You might want to read:

Regards...

Jsssssssss, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    One of the reasons when Edge first came out, and I saw this:

Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild [​IMG]

My reaction was "WTF Microsoft?!"

Then I found out it was worse then that...
    It's embedded in the system!
    With no way to uninstall it!

Cliff S, Oct 16, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Yep! That little word "embedded"......gotcha!!

f14tomcat, Oct 16, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Embedded:

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

1. Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild - Similar Threads - Kaspersky Lab discovers

2. uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc: I need to unistall Kaspersky Internet Security from my pc, windows 10. after manual Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security I have a problem. I already did 1. control panel 2. programs and feautures 3. uninstall The Kaspersky Internet Security the result is: it is not...
  3. Can't use Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use Adobe Flash Player: When I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash Player, I am asked to "allow once" which I do but nothing happens. I am using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-adobe-flash-player/68a89426-bc66-4efb-9dd9-df1b2f644c0c
  4. Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices: The Cisco security team has revealed earlier the existence of a zero-day vulnerability affecting products that run Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) software. The vulnerability has been exploited in the wild, according to a security...
  5. A zero-day flaw in Windows 10 reportedly discovered, patch will land soon

in Windows 10 News
    A zero-day flaw in Windows 10 reportedly discovered, patch will land soon: According to reports, a security researcher has discovered an unpatched vulnerability in the Windows 10 operating system. The security researcher reportedly revealed the vulnerability on Twitter. It’s a zero-day flaw that exists in Windows 10 and it could allow an attacker...
  6. Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the

Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the: Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the wild Adobe has told users that an emergency patch is being prepared for a Flash zero-day vulnerability being exploited in the wild which can give attackers complete control. On Tuesday, the tech...
  7. Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild

Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild: Oracle is working with Trend Micro to patch the problem. Until a fix is issued, users concerned about falling victim to the exploit should temporarily disable Java in their browser. The Java zero-day is reportedly being exploited through drive-by downloads on the latest...
  8. New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users

in Windows 10 News
    New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users: Adobe has issued an advisory warning of a previously undiscovered security vulnerability in Flash Player. The company said Monday the zero-day flaw exists in the latest version of Flash Player, version 16.0.0.296 (and earlier), and if exploited could cause a crash that allows...
  9. Kaspersky Lab discovers Silverlight zero-day vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Lab discovers Silverlight zero-day vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has discovered a dangerous zero-day vulnerability in Silverlight, potentially placing millions of users at risk. In a blog post on Wednesday, the cybersecurity firm said the vulnerability would allow an attacker to gain full access to a compromised computer...
  10. New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild

in Windows 10 News
    New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild: A new flaw in latest version of Flash to be patched next week. On my systems I use the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect my systems. I guess we will see another updated from MS also. https://blog.malwarebytes.org/zero-d..._medium=social Jim *Cool...