Windows 10: Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

Discus and support Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC recently often occur BSOD "Kmode exception not handled", which is after installing KTS 2018. Now BSOD doesn't occur again after going back to KTS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ztartennery, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

My PC recently often occur BSOD "Kmode exception not handled", which is after installing KTS 2018. Now BSOD doesn't occur again after going back to KTS 2017. However, I am not sure if bsod will occur again later. My question is that , can antivirus cause BSOD? But it seems that antivirus is not hardware related.

:)

ztartennery, Oct 10, 2017

2. Micosoft Browser EDGE and Norton Internet Security?

Best security software as per me is either Kaspersky or Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which protects all browsers. Currently I have installed Kaspersky Total Security 2018 & I am fully secured & satisfied.

SrinivasanSampath Kumar, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Micosoft Browser EDGE and Norton Internet Security?

Thanks for this information on Kaspersky. Can you also review Bitdefender Total Security 2018 a litle Bit.

SrinivasanSampath Kumar, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

Sure it can and The KGB can as well--Just Joking..*chuckle Serious it can any AV can. The majority of BSOD's are caused by software or drivers.

Josey Wales, Oct 10, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    From where does this come from?
    Kmode_exception_not_handled, a kernel mode routine that has illegal or improper instructions that the exception handler of Windows can't catch.

6. Win10Pea Win User
    can't believe yall still trust kaspersky

Win10Pea, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    KTS does install various drivers which might be causing problems for you. I suggest you make a support request to Kaspersky who are usually good in sorting out problems.

Steve C, Oct 11, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

I have some concerns but Barclays who provide free Kaspersky antivirus software say they are aware of the issues and continue to recommend their software.

Steve C, Oct 11, 2017
  9. Gort Win User
    I can trust it to find the NSA sponsored malware out there. *Wink Look between the lines and the hysteria, and it'll become clearer what the agenda is for those dirtying Kaspersky's name. Not that I trust them 100%, just as I don't trust any software 100%, but I do have a higher regard for them than most security software out there.

10. Win10Pea Win User
    Why though
    Many other better programs that have no controversy

Win10Pea, Oct 13, 2017
  11. Gort Win User
    Because I think it's one of the best AV out there and I also feel that the other AV companies are just as complicit with their respective governments/security agencies as is being claimed about Kaspersky. As I said, the controversy is dubious, fits an agenda and seems to be more about Kaspersky not whitelisting and previously exposing NSA sponsored malware.

BTW, do you trust your Chinese made hardware?

Anyway, as this is wildly off-topic, I'll move on.

12. The better AV the more likely it will cause BSOD, because of all the features, I prefer free AVs for this reason.

Since you are using KIS, you better contact their support to solve this.

https://my.kaspersky.com/support#

Can not believe that people believe something without a single shred of evidence. *Rolleyes

Germany: “No evidence” Kaspersky software used by Russians for hacks

TairikuOkami, Oct 13, 2017
  13. Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

I don't trust them either. And for the record, no I haven't trusted Chinese software for a long time.

indianacarnie, Oct 13, 2017
  14. Steve C Win User
    Getting back to the original topic ...

I updated another PC to the CU yesterday and KTS 2018 reported a load error. I uninstalled and reinstalled KTS 2018 as the program recommended and all is now fine. Have you tried reinstalling KTS 2018?

Steve C, Oct 14, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    This DM log collector we use in the BSOD forum and it will automatically collect information to troubleshoot the bsod: (mini dumps, msinfo32, dxdiag, event.vwr etc.)
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    Please post the zip into the thread.

zbook, Oct 14, 2017
Thema:

Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

1. Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC - Similar Threads - Kaspersky total security

2. Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security: I recently downloaded Windows 11 to my HP Envy laptop. I've been using Kaspersky Total Security for 6+ years with Windows 10 and earlier.Once I employed Windows 11, I am now unable to access the Kaspersky database to update the antivirus protection. The Kaspersky messages I...
  3. Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security: I recently downloaded Windows 11 to my HP Envy laptop. I've been using Kaspersky Total Security for 6+ years with Windows 10 and earlier.Once I employed Windows 11, I am now unable to access the Kaspersky database to update the antivirus protection. The Kaspersky messages I...
  4. uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc: I need to unistall Kaspersky Internet Security from my pc, windows 10. after manual Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security I have a problem. I already did 1. control panel 2. programs and feautures 3. uninstall The Kaspersky Internet Security the result is: it is not...
  5. problems with my hotmail account and installing Kaspersky Total Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with my hotmail account and installing Kaspersky Total Security: This is a new computer and in email it shows my email address for the Microsoft account as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have never used this email. The only one I use is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It will not let me change it and the...
  6. KIS vs Kaspersky Total security !

KIS vs Kaspersky Total security !: Is KIS faster than Kaspersky Total security ? are the differences just the safe kids, backup and passwords manager ? 150139
  7. WIndows 10 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

WIndows 10 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2018: Shortly after converting to Windows 10, I noticed that Full Scan with Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 was stopping at 82%. It is stopping at the old Microsoft Windows 8 version files old.windows\software.... I am working with Kaspersky Support to resolve. I have been...
  8. Kaspersky 2018?

Kaspersky 2018?: Kaspersky have suggested I install the 2018 version of Kaspersky Total Security due to a few minor issues I'm having - see Kaspersky Total Security 2018 release notes Has anyone used the 2018 version yet and what do you think of it? 90741
  9. help.... detected objects on my kaspersky total security 2016

help.... detected objects on my kaspersky total security 2016: does anyone know why this keeps happening to my kaspersky antivirus? I keep getting these vulnerable objects every saturdays and there are always about five of them. I am thinking of maybe that they are not updated so they keep being detected... I want to know if anybody know...
  10. kaspersky total security installation problem.

kaspersky total security installation problem.: would be grateful if anyone else has had this problem. I dowmloaded a exe file from kaspersky, a paid one I add. came down ok. it was a normal exe file. I clicked on the exe, kaspersky window came up, 20 seconds later it vanished, completely. Well I downloaded the file 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kaspersky causing bsod when browsing internet

2. kaspersky total security can cause bsod

3. kaspersky causing bsod