Windows 10: kaspersky total security installation problem.

Discus and support kaspersky total security installation problem. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; would be grateful if anyone else has had this problem. I dowmloaded a exe file from kaspersky, a paid one I add. came down ok. it was a normal exe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oracle, Jan 14, 2016.

1. oracle Win User

kaspersky total security installation problem.

would be grateful if anyone else has had this problem. I dowmloaded a exe file from kaspersky, a paid one I add. came down ok. it was a normal exe file.

I clicked on the exe, kaspersky window came up, 20 seconds later it vanished, completely. Well I downloaded the file 3 times, same thing. got in touch with kaspersky support, who gave me instructions for a silent install. Followed those to the letter, same thing.

Kaspersky reckons there is something in Windows 10 which is stopping the install, but blowed if I can find it. Am very loath to format the drive and re-install 10 to see if that will solve the problem, anyone got a better idea?1) Please download Kaspersky Total Security: http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/e...2.361en-gb.exe

2) Press the key combination Win + R to , erase all contents in the window, and then drag the file *.exe file, downloaded on Step #1, press the space key and append "/s" without the quotes. For example, if you downloaded the dstributive to the folder C:\KTS, then this box should contain the following line:
    C:\KTS\kts15.0.1.415en.exe /s (there are spaces before and after /s)

3) Copy the resulting text (press Ctrl+C key combination to copy), then open “Start”, paste the text into the Start Menu search field (press Ctrl+V key combination to paste) and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run it as an administrator.

Wait about 10-15 minutes for silent installation to finish (there won’t be any windows or notifications popping up). In the end the Kaspersky shortcut will appear on your desktop, Kaspersky icon will appear in system tray. When they do, launch either one.

:)

oracle, Jan 14, 2016
  2. A_tree Win User

WIndows 10 blue screen driver_irql_not_less_or_equal problem (including dump file, Driver view, sysinfo) + verifier info + syslog

the problem is when I did previous verifier test with kaspersky total security install will give me always klupd_klif_arkmon.sys (instead of verifier violation). it says kaspersky lab anti-rootkit in driver view. I am not sure if operating verifier test
    with kaspersky total security will give you clear info about why BSOD happen.

do you want me to do verifier test with uninstall kaspersky total security or should I just run it and give you verifier file that will give me klupd_klif_arkmon.sys for the reason?

(for the previous verifier test, I deleted the kaspersky totak security prior to verifier test)

A_tree, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Micosoft Browser EDGE and Norton Internet Security?

Best security software as per me is either Kaspersky or Bitdefender Total Security 2018 which protects all browsers. Currently I have installed Kaspersky Total Security 2018 & I am fully secured & satisfied.

SrinivasanSampath Kumar, Jan 14, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi oracle and welcome to Tenforums.

I have Kaspersky on my W10x64 system and have reinstalled it 3x, without issue. But, my version is 15.0.2.361 (not the latest). It works fine.

I also installed the latest version 1x, and it went on fine - the only issue I had was that it would not show up in my account, so I reverted back.

I wonder if you have a clean system? W10 would not prevent the installation, but malware would. You might try an ESET online scan just to make sure.

simrick, Jan 18, 2016
  5. Hi, @oracle:

>>Disclaimer: I am running KIS under Win7/64, not Win10.

I would tend to agree with @simrick.

KL software can be finicky about leftovers from other antivirus and security applications (especially driver remnants).
    If you have had any other, 3rd-party AVs installed on this system, it's important to make sure they are fully removed.

And KAV/KIS/KTS 2016 installation will be problematic under Win10 unless steps are taken first to fully disable Windows Defender, as explained HERE

Those 2 issues -- and perhaps hidden malware or a corrupted Windows OS -- would be the most common reasons for KAV/KIS/KTS installation failures (regardless of the platform).

@simrick: I'm intrigued by the fact that you are successfully running KAV/KIS/KTS 2015 under Win10, as the only versions that are fully supported on that platform are the 2016 versions (as explained in the link above). But, I suppose that, if it works, it works....*Smile

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 18, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    I am as well! *Huh

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. kaspersky total security installation problem. - Similar Threads - kaspersky total security

2. Why are there compatibility issues between Windows Explorer and Kaspersky total security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there compatibility issues between Windows Explorer and Kaspersky total security...: When running Kaspersky total security antivirus software some issues appear in the Windows Explorer ,Selecting in the side menu such as trying to open folder properties from the side menu....
  3. Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security: I recently downloaded Windows 11 to my HP Envy laptop. I've been using Kaspersky Total Security for 6+ years with Windows 10 and earlier.Once I employed Windows 11, I am now unable to access the Kaspersky database to update the antivirus protection. The Kaspersky messages I...
  4. Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 vs Kaspersky Total Security: I recently downloaded Windows 11 to my HP Envy laptop. I've been using Kaspersky Total Security for 6+ years with Windows 10 and earlier.Once I employed Windows 11, I am now unable to access the Kaspersky database to update the antivirus protection. The Kaspersky messages I...
  5. uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstalling kaspersky lab and kaspersky antivirus and kaspersky total security from my pc: I need to unistall Kaspersky Internet Security from my pc, windows 10. after manual Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security I have a problem. I already did 1. control panel 2. programs and feautures 3. uninstall The Kaspersky Internet Security the result is: it is not...
  6. problems with my hotmail account and installing Kaspersky Total Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with my hotmail account and installing Kaspersky Total Security: This is a new computer and in email it shows my email address for the Microsoft account as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have never used this email. The only one I use is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It will not let me change it and the...
  7. KIS vs Kaspersky Total security !

KIS vs Kaspersky Total security !: Is KIS faster than Kaspersky Total security ? are the differences just the safe kids, backup and passwords manager ? 150139
  8. 90 days / 3 months Kaspersky Total Security 2017 (Gift)

90 days / 3 months Kaspersky Total Security 2017 (Gift): Hi, As it says on the title, I'm giving away a free copy of 90 days / 3 months Kaspersky Total Security 2017. If your interested, all you need to do is send me a Private Message and will send you the key, then all you need do is go here and enter it :...
  9. Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC

Kaspersky total security 2018 seem causing BSOD on my PC: My PC recently often occur BSOD "Kmode exception not handled", which is after installing KTS 2018. Now BSOD doesn't occur again after going back to KTS 2017. However, I am not sure if bsod will occur again later. My question is that , can antivirus cause BSOD? But it seems...
  10. help.... detected objects on my kaspersky total security 2016

help.... detected objects on my kaspersky total security 2016: does anyone know why this keeps happening to my kaspersky antivirus? I keep getting these vulnerable objects every saturdays and there are always about five of them. I am thinking of maybe that they are not updated so they keep being detected... I want to know if anybody know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kts exe file

2. kaspersky installation problem . mcafee popping up even if it is removed