Windows 10: KB not lighting up

Discus and support KB not lighting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a G750JM ROG laptop running 10 and there is a small problem I cannot figure out If I close the lid for any reason the backlit KB goes off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 4, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

KB not lighting up

I have a G750JM ROG laptop running 10 and there is a small problem I cannot figure out

If I close the lid for any reason the backlit KB goes off and I have no idea what key turns it back on I have tried many combinations (Including the F3 and F4 which have KB representations on them) but with no success - it takes a reboot to restore the backlit keys.

Any ideas please as the Asus support is very minimal for 10 64bit OS.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 4, 2017

2. Touch controls not lighting up.

Try a Hard Reset to see if it comes book to normal

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 4, 2017
  3. cjoann Win User
    Touch controls not lighting up.

Hi,

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 running the latest update.

Since installing the most recent update the touch controls for back, windows, and search don't light up unless the brightness settings are on lowest.

Medium, high, and auto brightness don't light up the controls.

Is this a known issue?

cjoann, Sep 4, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

KB not lighting up

Did you install the ATK package from ASUS? It is F3 F4 for the keyboard lighting.

bro67, Sep 4, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Bro I don't know what happened to my last reply but have just installed the ATK and everything OK. Suppose the system dropped ball with that somewhere eh?

By the by I saw the script under your avatar and mate have just got out of the salt mine myself only cos I broke a leg or I would have carried on but I have to say it's better than I expected am working harder and more motivated than ever. *Wink

ICIT2LOL, Sep 4, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Most likely it may have gotten removed by Microsoft if it was originally installed as their version or it did when you ran the updates for ASUS if you have their update manager installed.

If you do not want Windows Update to mess with drivers, go into Control Panel and System, then when you get the window pop-up that allows you to tweak desktop settings and stop reboot for BSOD. Go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Installation Settings. It is the same window that you use to change Computer Name.

While you are in there, you can also check to make sure that System Restore is on.

bro67, Sep 4, 2017
  7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I sort of half guessed it was something to of with an update because I had followed a few tips from a YouTube but don't remember it involving this issue.

I'll follow those tips you gave me too as I am only just getting used to 10 because the settings seems to go on forever and so different (to me) than 7.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 4, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

KB not lighting up

The only thing that has changed with 10, is Microsoft is taking away the Control Panel folder and moving all of those shortcuts into the System window. You still can do a right click on My Computer if you are using Start 10 or Classic Shell and get to the same menus that you have been able to since XP.

The best part about 10 is that it has fixed memory problems, has allowed older computers to run it, when Windows 10 would not, but XP was still running on them.

bro67, Sep 5, 2017
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes mate I have mine set up with CP CMD This PC etc on the Start menu as I just am not into those panels.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 5, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    If you want the older Windows 7 style desktop and Start Menu, you have to use either Classic Shell or Start10. I use Start10 on the spare desktop that we have and set with rounded Start pop-up menu, which gives me back the gui menu that has been around Since Windows XP. I have been using Windows so long, I like using Start10, which has not failed me in the three years that I have been using since Start8.

Now if you right click on your Network icon, you will get the old File Explorer/Control Panel menu, which if you click on Control Panel in that top address bar of File Explorer. Then you click on Large Icons. You can get to Control Panel that way or do a Windows Key X and then click on Control Panel.

bro67, Sep 5, 2017
  11. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes well might give that a try but really all I do is type say msconfig and pin it to the Start menu after deleting all those rubbishy apps that 10 comes with I also found some good tips in YouTube like a right click on the start button which flicks up everything as well as there are some good short cuts in that*Wink

The only one I haven't found a way of shortcutting yet is regedit as I use a it a fair bit too.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 5, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    msconfig is not for deleting anything. It is a tool for troubleshooting. If you wish to make changes for startup, you can do that in the Registry or one of the few tools out there that will save the registry and then make the change through a policy.

bro67, Sep 5, 2017
  13. ICIT2LOL Win User

KB not lighting up

Yep I know Bro mate I just used it as an example and I do us it for accessing the start tab etc although it is slightly different here in 10 plus mate I don't really like messing in the reg unless I want to get rid of certain softwares etc

Its just an old habit from using 7 as I find 10 quite a bit more techie than 7 and I only do this for a hobby and in some ways 10 has taken a little of the pleasure out of getting on the forums because so many of the regular users are really very savvy with computers call me old school I suppose I should just access 10 when I have problems as I cannot compete with most I see.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 6, 2017
  14. Berton Win User
    I have opened Regedit and right-clicked the icon on the Taskbar then chose Pin to Taskbar, remains there after I close Regedit. I do the same with the Control Panel, put Control in the Search box, first item is usually Control Panel, click to open it then right-click and choose Pin to Taskbar. Neither give me the choice to Pin to Start but that's okay for my needs. If I right-click the Desktop and Create a new Shortcut then I can pin that to the Start.

Berton, Sep 6, 2017
  15. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks mate I will try that and yes I just type all those old ones and pin to Start menu but I did see a right click on the Windows button brings up a lot of useful things too *Smile

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

KB not lighting up

1. KB not lighting up - Similar Threads - lighting

2. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  3. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay: My pc work fine, but now when i boot it gets stuck on the VGA light, but when i rest CMOS and go to bios and chose F8 run from specific drive work fine, if i restart the pc problem comes again. I check bios boot setting...
  4. VGA light after boot pc but work fine after rest CMOS and boot manullay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  6. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  7. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes: I'm no longer surprised when my AMD driver crashes when I'm playing a game, but this time it's different, I was playing the Farlight 84 game, about 10 minutes of playing, the AMD suddenly crashed accompanied by Windows freezing, there was only the sound of the game, I...
  9. The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes

The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes: I'm no longer surprised when my AMD driver crashes when I'm playing a game, but this time it's different, I was playing the Farlight 84 game, about 10 minutes of playing, the AMD suddenly crashed accompanied by Windows freezing, there was only the sound of the game, I...
  10. The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware