Windows 10: KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today?

Discus and support KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242) I have been holding back on installing this update as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clintlgm, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Clintlgm Win User

KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today?

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242)
    I have been holding back on installing this update as on looking it up there were issues with Win 7 and 8, it appears to have issues in 10 also. these two BSD are the first ever on this notebook. KB2538242 is the only update I have ran. How would I uninstall it or is there some way to make it stop BSD me. If no way to fix I did make a Image before installing it. Some program on my notebook must need this security update.

:)

Clintlgm, Jun 3, 2017

2. Windows Update keeps prompting me to install Security Update

Hi Charles,

Let's try to isolate the issue. Have you tried installing/reinstalling the
    Security Update
    ? It's possible that the KB2538242 had a revision that's why it's prompting to be installed/reinstalled.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 has loaded OK but the new updates have frozen at 59%

The updates are KB2538242 (SP1), KB3081704, KB3074686, KB3074678 & KB30831424. These are either awaiting download or installation.

MikeNixon-1942, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

Are you saying that your laptop is experiencing blue screens of death (BSODs)? If so, please create a post in the BSOD section along with the output from the log collector.

To uninstall Windows 10 Updates, one method would be to go to the Windows Update portion of settings (ms-settings:windowsupdate), select "Update History" and then "Uninstall updates". From there, just choose the updates you wish to uninstall.

Spectrum, Jun 4, 2017
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    The update did not show up in the uninstall list? Regardless, I think the problem is solved. I had read in an earlier thread that Rebuilding Visual ++ 2012 would solve it. Mine is 2013 I rebuilt the 86 and 64 bit versions. I haven't had a BSOD Since its been over 24 hours. I had 2 in the 24 hours previous so I might be fixed.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today? - Similar Threads - KB2538242 installed yesterday

2. Yesterday 2 Problems While Listening to Amazon Music

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yesterday 2 Problems While Listening to Amazon Music: Yesterday had 2 PC problems while listening to Amazon Music for some reason, it actually bsod'd for the first time in ages, was using MS Edge Beta (Since Removed), Defender, not sure what the heck the cause was, very confused on what exactly caused it Another friend in...
  3. Yesterday I could share files, today I cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yesterday I could share files, today I cannot: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not **Modified title from: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-could-share-files-today-i-cannot/6911551b-f6d2-485a-aa61-fba74835f98f"
  4. YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-could-sharte-files-today-i-can-not/6911551b-f6d2-485a-aa61-fba74835f98f"
  5. Unable to watch youtube videos today. Yesterday fine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to watch youtube videos today. Yesterday fine.: Videos aren't working today, whether it be youtube, bitchute, or what have you. I had no problems last night. I have cleared cache on browser, and laptop itself. Browser is Edge. Thanks for any help on what to do....
  6. no sound worked yesterday not today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound worked yesterday not today: No sound. Worked yesterday not today. hdmi connection works for monitor not sound. TV displays as device for monitor but not audio. AMD not Intel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-worked-yesterday-not-today/07b057fb-8123-4f33-b4dd-8689e0e0c790
  7. 1803 Update BSD loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 Update BSD loop: Auto update of latest Win 10 Update general release. Failed when restarting. StartTrail.txt showed Root cause: corrupt bootrec.dll. The update tried removing a failed update (which failed). I restored to last point prior to the update. Booted okay but auto Update continued...
  8. 2 BSOD's playing Eve, installed windows 10 yesterday very clean system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 BSOD's playing Eve, installed windows 10 yesterday very clean system: I got 2 BSOD's playing Eve online today, installed windows 10 yesterday: very clean system. Same was with windows 7 two days ago, but I decided to to fresh install as possible fix. I often get BSODs on games in this PC I do not think it will be limited to this game. But...
  9. Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today: So yesterday I get notification from my Windows 10 64 bit Home, that the Creators update was getting ready for me . It gave me some selections to choose, which I did. Then it asks if I wanted to schedule a time, which I did - 8:00 am this morning. This morning came and...
  10. Tune in Today to Halo Wars 2: Live

in Windows 10 News
    Tune in Today to Halo Wars 2: Live: gUIdlyaBdnc We’re only days away from the official launch of Halo Wars 2 next week, and just a few hours from early access availability tomorrow! As announced back in January, Xbox is celebrating the launch of Halo Wars 2 by inviting you to tune-in to a livestreamed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb2538242 installed multiple time