Windows 10: KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today?

Discus and support KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242) I have been holding back on installing this update as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clintlgm, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Clintlgm Win User

KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today?

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242)
    I have been holding back on installing this update as on looking it up there were issues with Win 7 and 8, it appears to have issues in 10 also. these two BSD are the first ever on this notebook. KB2538242 is the only update I have ran. How would I uninstall it or is there some way to make it stop BSD me. If no way to fix I did make a Image before installing it. Some program on my notebook must need this security update.

:)

Clintlgm, Jun 3, 2017

2. Windows Update keeps prompting me to install Security Update

Hi Charles,

Let's try to isolate the issue. Have you tried installing/reinstalling the
    Security Update
    ? It's possible that the KB2538242 had a revision that's why it's prompting to be installed/reinstalled.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 has loaded OK but the new updates have frozen at 59%

The updates are KB2538242 (SP1), KB3081704, KB3074686, KB3074678 & KB30831424. These are either awaiting download or installation.

MikeNixon-1942, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

Are you saying that your laptop is experiencing blue screens of death (BSODs)? If so, please create a post in the BSOD section along with the output from the log collector.

To uninstall Windows 10 Updates, one method would be to go to the Windows Update portion of settings (ms-settings:windowsupdate), select "Update History" and then "Uninstall updates". From there, just choose the updates you wish to uninstall.

Spectrum, Jun 4, 2017
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    The update did not show up in the uninstall list? Regardless, I think the problem is solved. I had read in an earlier thread that Rebuilding Visual ++ 2012 would solve it. Mine is 2013 I rebuilt the 86 and 64 bit versions. I haven't had a BSOD Since its been over 24 hours. I had 2 in the 24 hours previous so I might be fixed.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KB2538242 installed yesterday 2 BSD today? - Similar Threads - KB2538242 installed yesterday

2. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  3. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  4. 2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown: I have had random BSD since building my new system - I narrowed it down to volmgr problem, removed my second m.2 drive and they stopped. Why?them when playing DCS in VR the system just shut down and would not boot up until I turned the PSU off and on. Can someone explain...
  5. 2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 part question on BSD's and system shutdown: I have had random BSD since building my new system - I narrowed it down to volmgr problem, removed my second m.2 drive and they stopped. Why?them when playing DCS in VR the system just shut down and would not boot up until I turned the PSU off and on. Can someone explain...
  6. Wiindows 11 version 22H2 started installing yesterday. Today it's at 85%. Is there a way to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiindows 11 version 22H2 started installing yesterday. Today it's at 85%. Is there a way to...: I started installing Wiindows 11 version 22H2 yesterday. Today it's at 85%. Is there a way to cancel this, I really need to use my computer! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wiindows-11-version-22h2-started-installing/0245fe65-ba64-474b-8a8f-624eea919817
  7. microsoft Marjong will not ;oad today but it did yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft Marjong will not ;oad today but it did yesterday: I need help with microsoft marjong not loading today. it worked fine yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-marjong-will-not-oad-today-but-it-did/adffd1dc-7e1f-419e-9144-58cd8d9c4d57
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today: I have the minidump files zipped how do you want me to send them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-happened-yesterday-and-today/8686d2f7-7735-4ec4-902b-9b71794f5dcd
  9. no sound worked yesterday not today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound worked yesterday not today: No sound. Worked yesterday not today. hdmi connection works for monitor not sound. TV displays as device for monitor but not audio. AMD not Intel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-worked-yesterday-not-today/07b057fb-8123-4f33-b4dd-8689e0e0c790
  10. Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today: So yesterday I get notification from my Windows 10 64 bit Home, that the Creators update was getting ready for me . It gave me some selections to choose, which I did. Then it asks if I wanted to schedule a time, which I did - 8:00 am this morning. This morning came and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb2538242 installed multiple time