Windows 10: KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

Discus and support KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I got the iso and installed it. Took only 15 minutes to disgust me. Netplwiz did not work and I could not toggle the 8.1 start page. I uninstalled it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2015.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

I got the iso and installed it. Took only 15 minutes to disgust me. Netplwiz did not work and I could not toggle the 8.1 start page. I uninstalled it. This thing is a no go.

2. Dude Win User

That's the first thing I noticed. It uses tablet mode now and is not as easy to customize it. I will provide feedback hoping to get the native 8.1 menu back.

3. Yep no video card driver installed so it was a mess,
    0x80070057 windows update error
    I enabled local admin to install updates thinking it would at least let me manually check but no go,
    Not really sure a real mouse driver ever fully installed either *Biggrin
    Doesn't seem to like left handed mouse people *Tongue

Just switching from fill to fit on wallpaper was a crashing obstacle *Confused
    Never like the demo *Smile

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

That's the first thing I noticed. It uses tablet mode now and is not as easy to customize it. I will provide feedback hoping to get the native 8.1 menu back. Please report back what you find. I decided not to waste my time with it. I will only reinstall it when the 8.1 start page and netplwiz work. I don't see myself signing in every time like a dummy and this ridiculous start menu is no good.

5. Dude Win User
    That's the first thing I noticed. It uses tablet mode now and is not as easy to customize it. I will provide feedback hoping to get the native 8.1 menu back. Please report back what you find. I decided not to waste my time with it. I will only reinstall it when the 8.1 start page and netplwiz work. I don't see myself signing in every time like a dummy and this ridiculous start menu is no good. I just did netplwiz and it worked for me. It did show my user pic twice, but it worked.

6. badrobot Win User
    The first updates after the installation always tale care of missing drivers. I never use AMD drivers to run my 4 monitors since the start of Win 10 Tech Preview. The native drivers work fine.

Before doing a clean install, I tried the "update" method. It took 10x longer to perform upgrade via update than clean installation.

badrobot, Jan 23, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Thanks, that's one down, one to go. When I tried the netplwiz, I always ended up in IE.

8. caperjack Win User

i have it[9926]installed on a dell inspiron 6400[at least 8 yrs old ]I did a update of 9879, seems to be working the same ,pervious build loaded intel video drive ,that has change to Microsoft basic display adapter,just notice text going away when in device manager .as I never like the win7 style start menu ,I like the new start,excpt for the way all apps works ,just one click to make it full screen ,no charms bar, replaced by a icon in the notification area by the clock ,good so far ,will be updating previous win10 build on my main computer to,its duel boot with win8.1 on a ssd [much newer hardware than this laptop] shortly

edit , just tried install upgrade on my main computer running win10 9879 and it will not start the install ,I don't have that December update mention in earlier post in this thread don't want to do a fresh install as I want to see if all the old app I have will still work with this new build

edit 3, just rebooted the computer and now its allowing the 9926 update to install

caperjack, Jan 23, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    Thanks, that's one down, one to go. When I tried the netplwiz, I always ended up in IE. Netplwiz worked on mine, too.

badrobot, Jan 23, 2015
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    Thanks, that's one down, one to go. When I tried the netplwiz, I always ended up in IE. Netplwiz worked on mine, too. Good, I must have overlooked something.

11. Yep every past build has auto updated all drivers I didn't have to do anything :/

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Clean install always runs faster and less buggy compared to upgrade via update. I did try an update too before wiping the SSD for clean installation. For one, update took more than 10x longer than clean install.

I am not using cortana. I am on local account (as always). I also want to avoid using onedrive. It's a good feature but I don't need it. I have my own NAS accessible anywhere.

badrobot, Jan 23, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

That's the first thing I noticed. It uses tablet mode now and is not as easy to customize it. I will provide feedback hoping to get the native 8.1 menu back. Please report back what you find. I decided not to waste my time with it. I will only reinstall it when the 8.1 start page and netplwiz work. I don't see myself signing in every time like a dummy and this ridiculous start menu is no good. I just did netplwiz and it worked for me. It did show my user pic twice, but it worked. worked for me too,

caperjack, Jan 23, 2015
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    You guys are fantastic. You made me reinstall the thing - it's still running.

15. Yep I'm re-downloading too,
    I found out I have a sleep key shortcut lol so I did accidently interrupt the first download possibly that broke the download just enough to bugger it :/

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

1. KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build - Similar Threads - KB3025380 required 9879

2. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  3. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  4. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  5. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  6. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  7. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  9. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month: Windows 10 Technical Preview won’t receive any other build updates until early 2015, Microsoft confirmed last month, but it appears that the company is working to improve the existing version with new patches and performance optimizations anyway. Microsoftie Gabriel Aul...