Windows 10: KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

Discus and support KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; *Thumbs That's the spirit guys. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

*Thumbs That's the spirit guys.

2. I believe in the three strikes rule *Tongue
    If this one fails that will be strike 2,
    The third strike will be in a week if an update isn't issued by then to address the drivers deal *Wink

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  3. I have downloaded and updated a Toshiba laptop and 4 virtual machines 2 64 bit and 2 32 bit. One each of US and UK English. I must say I am underwhelmed with it. The new icons look awful and it is just more metroification. It still looks awful without Windows 7 detail and subtle window shading and 3D effects. Honestly I don't see the need in my case for all this in the cloud intergration. I don't need my stuff all synced up and looking the same. That is the good thing about a PC you can set them up how you like. With each release this is just getting worse. They have to give it away free for a year, who in their right mind would hand over cash for this product? Compared to Windows 7 it is chaff. I know it is not finished but we can see which direction the product is going........you will like METRO and you will like our store. This is why they are giving it away. If only 1 in 5 people buy a game or tool from the store they will make their money back. I have Windows 7 Ultimate for another 5 years. I think I'll be keeping it. I have Windows 8.1 which will be upgraded to this 10, not because I like it but because they are giving it away. I won't surrender my Ultimate licences. This is what the guys in charge call awesome? I think they need an adjustment.

Indianatone, Jan 23, 2015
  4. sygnus21 Win User

With millions of users Microsoft can't please everyone *Shock

sygnus21, Jan 23, 2015
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    Mine is running OK now. Installed a few programs. CCleaner does not seem to clean. FastStone Image Viewer, Chrome, VLC and a couple of other seem to work. It's good that I can make start full screen. that helps.

They keep asking whether I like the new taskbar - what new taskbar ?? LOL. I am moderately impressed. A lot of the stuff is not easy to find. But I guess that is a matter of routine. Here is my desktop. And I can't get rid of that other picture.

KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build [​IMG]

6. *Ditto Wolfgang *Thumbs

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah I like what I see too though I've not installed any programs on it yet, and I'm also running it under VMWare.

sygnus21, Jan 23, 2015
  8. KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

VMware *Confused
    Isn't it time to put on the big girl panties and install on it's own drive *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  9. davehc Win User
    That's the first thing I noticed. It uses tablet mode now and is not as easy to customize it. I will provide feedback hoping to get the native 8.1 menu back. Please report back what you find. I decided not to waste my time with it. I will only reinstall it when the 8.1 start page and netplwiz work. I don't see myself signing in every time like a dummy and this ridiculous start menu is no good. Try again, M8. Working fine for me

davehc, Jan 23, 2015
  10. davehc Win User
    I test on an older machine, so always end up in VGA mode. First thing I am now accustomed to doing is to check for updates. It downloads and installs the latest graphics driver and I am set to go.

davehc, Jan 23, 2015
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Sure, buy me another PC and I'll be happy to oblige you. Until than... VM *Biggrin

sygnus21, Jan 23, 2015
  12. I'm just kidding,
    But this is what I did and it's allot cheaper than another computer *Wink
    Trouble with VMware
    ssd's not included *Smile
    Laptop hdd's fit too *Wink

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  13. sygnus21 Win User

I'm actually very happy with it running in VM for now as I really don't have a lot of time to test it with school and all. I have it installed on my laptop for show purposes but that's about it for now.

Anyway it works for me so, but thanks for the suggestion.

sygnus21, Jan 23, 2015
  14. Okay yep that would be difficult on a lappy *Sad
    I wasn't so lucky in the hyper-v department on my machine = mother board not compatible for a 64 bit version,
    I didn't want to use a 32 bit vm on a 64 bit machine :/
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Jan 23, 2015
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah both my laptop and desktop are hyper-v enabled in BIOS and I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.

BTW my original plan was to install Windows 10 on it's own drive on my desktop machine and simply access it through the BIOS but I've not gotten round to that yet.

Anyway when the OS becomes mainstream I'll just flat out install it on my desktop... provided there are no driver or issues with my photo and printing software.

sygnus21, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

1. KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build - Similar Threads - KB3025380 required 9879

2. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  3. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  4. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  5. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  6. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  7. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  9. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month: Windows 10 Technical Preview won’t receive any other build updates until early 2015, Microsoft confirmed last month, but it appears that the company is working to improve the existing version with new patches and performance optimizations anyway. Microsoftie Gabriel Aul...