Windows 10: KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

Discus and support KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Mine is running OK now. Installed a few programs. CCleaner does not seem to clean. CCleaner worked for me. Under Advanced, notice that "Old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2015.

1. rmonroe36 Win User

KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build [​IMG]
    CCleaner worked for me. Under Advanced, notice that "Old Windows Installation" is checked and CCleaner did remove that folder.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jan 23, 2015
  2. caperjack Win User

iam looking for where I turn off onedrive sync ,cant find it and iam looking in all settings

edit : never mind .I found it I think , right click on the icon on taskbar and go to settings .

caperjack, Jan 23, 2015
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    I keep running in VMware Player. That is a lot more practical because I can run it side by side with my host W7. I run W8.1 the same way - since the beginning and a bunch of Linux distros too. Sometimes I run more than 2 systems at the same time - until I run out of RAM. But with a minimum of 2GB for the Windows systems and 1GB for the Linux, I can run theoretically 5 systems at the same time - in 8GB of RAM. Same for the 8 cores.

4. Trust_No1 Win User

I agree, I am disheartened with this.

Trust_No1, Jan 23, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    I claim discrimination, Cortana is not working for my country.
    Windows update is not customizable to exclude driver updates, keeps giving me wrong drivers for TV card.
    Store (beta) opens but minimizes as soon as I try search.
    Some Apps are in Serbian, other in English.

CountMike, Jan 23, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    Cortana not available In Canada either *Tongue
    my beta store app works just fine .first try anyway

caperjack, Jan 23, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    my beta store app works just fine .first try anyway You can have mine - I switched it off.

8. KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

my beta store app works just fine .first try anyway Cortana was installed on my installations, but my router vpn was set to the US, It works for me...

kingstonian, Jan 23, 2015
  9. caperjack Win User
    my beta store app works just fine .first try anyway You can have mine - I switched it off. its not for everyone,i actually dont care if it ever works in Canada ,as i have no use for it either

caperjack, Jan 23, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    I would be VERY careful using tools like CCleaner in beta OS's. They do a lot of tinkering with stuff and have deep knowledge of the OS, but the problem is that they don't know about new betas and you can end up doing damage to the OS with them because they think they're cleaning up something that shouldn't be cleaned up.

I've seen many a problem with betas where someone used CCleaner and it destroyed their registry. So just be careful.

Mystere, Jan 24, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    I would be VERY careful using tools like CCleaner in beta OS's. They do a lot of tinkering with stuff and have deep knowledge of the OS, but the problem is that they don't know about new betas and you can end up doing damage to the OS with them because they think they're cleaning up something that shouldn't be cleaned up. I've seen many a problem with betas where someone used CCleaner and it destroyed their registry. So just be careful. I have been using CCleaner in 10 without any problems. The one thing I won't use is it's Reg Cleaner in 10. When I use it in 8.1, I always back up the registry first.

Winuser, Jan 24, 2015
  12. rickpub Win User
    Do you mean the ms basic display adapter? This build breaks my amd graphics driver

rickpub, Jan 24, 2015
  13. rmonroe36 Win User

@Mystere
    That's what backup programs are for: "Have image, will travel!" *Wink I do understand the risks.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jan 24, 2015
  14. caperjack Win User
    I use the ccleaner registry cleaner[what a preview if you cant live on the edge ] ,just save for restore if something happing's ,and its only a preview so nuttin to lose

caperjack, Jan 24, 2015
  15. davehc Win User
    I would be VERY careful using tools like CCleaner in beta OS's. They do a lot of tinkering with stuff and have deep knowledge of the OS, but the problem is that they don't know about new betas and you can end up doing damage to the OS with them because they think they're cleaning up something that shouldn't be cleaned up.

I've seen many a problem with betas where someone used CCleaner and it destroyed their registry. So just be careful. Like Winuser, I have been using Ccleaner without problems. I don't think it could harm the registry, unless you use the registry cleaner facility. Could be wrong?

As Caperjack says, have a backup, if you want to go that way. If anything goes wrong, it is only an early build.

davehc, Jan 24, 2015
Thema:

1. KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build - Similar Threads - KB3025380 required 9879

2. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  3. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  4. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  5. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  6. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  7. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  9. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month: Windows 10 Technical Preview won’t receive any other build updates until early 2015, Microsoft confirmed last month, but it appears that the company is working to improve the existing version with new patches and performance optimizations anyway. Microsoftie Gabriel Aul...