Windows 10: KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

Discus and support KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; if you search through old EightForum posts during the Windows 8 betas, you saw a lot of people had problems because they ran CCleaner and it messed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build

if you search through old EightForum posts during the Windows 8 betas, you saw a lot of people had problems because they ran CCleaner and it messed up their fonts and registry. A common problem was the dreaded "symbols" showing up in the start menu...

Mystere, Jan 24, 2015
  2. davehc Win User

They probably didn't make good use of the long customisation list in Ccleaner? Font Cache: DNS Cache: Environmental Path..etc can all be eliminated from the cleaner.

davehc, Jan 24, 2015
  3. tinmar49 Win User
    I have KB3025380 installed on19 Dec but the update failed last night, I will try again later.

tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015
  4. tinmar49 Win User

Second attempt failed after about 5 minutes with error code 0x8024200D

tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    caperjack, Jan 24, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    Thanks, I'll try that assuming that my internet speed gets a bit better than the 4mbits/sec that it is at the moment.

tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    That's what the problem is. You are probably having connection issues.
    When doing this kind of online update, it doesn't matter what your speed is as long as you have a STABLE connection. So it's always better to have your computer hard wired to the router (ethernet connection) during the update process.
    The online update is almost as big as the ISO file (over 3GB) so it's better just to get the ISO just in case you run into problems in the future. And remember, do wired connection to the internet.

badrobot, Jan 24, 2015
  8. tinmar49 Win User

I've just managed to download a 64bit iso. Last nights failure came during the installation phase, I forgot to make a note of the error code.

tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015
  9. OK as part of the testing process I noticed there was a boot entry to roll back the "upgrade ?" I selected roll back to previous OS and had my Windows 7 Ultimate back in less than 5 mins. The only things wrong were the Media Center icon was no longer pinned to the taskbar and the Windows Explorer lost the customization to open @ My Computer. Pretty dam good I would say.

Indianatone, Jan 24, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
    That's good to hear

11. tinmar49 Win User
    I followed Caperjack's advice and everything went well upgrading, until a light blue screen told me that it had failed. Nothing was effective except rollback to the older build. On another pc, I am doing a fresh load using the iso dvd that I made. So far it is loading exactly the same as any other Windows.

tinmar49, Jan 24, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    looking to rollback on my laptop ,where did you find the boot entry ,was it in msconfig

caperjack, Jan 24, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

The boot screen choice when dual booting is where you will find it

14. caperjack Win User
    ok thanks

caperjack, Jan 24, 2015
  15. tinmar49 Win User
    My rollback was the only option that worked from about four offered and I only tried it as a last resort. By the way, the clean load on the other pc has just failed shortly before completion, "Windows could not update registry data in the installation".

tinmar49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. KB3025380 required in 9879 to get new build - Similar Threads - KB3025380 required 9879

2. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  3. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  4. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  5. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  6. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  7. build 9879 clean install with duel boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 9879 clean install with duel boot.: HI all, I have a partitioned drive running win 7 and win 10tp. I am just downloading 9879 build iso to perform a clean install. i have read on the forums that this build is causing duel boot problems and trashing the win7 (which is my primary boot O/S)partition. the...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  9. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 Users to Get More Updates This Month: Windows 10 Technical Preview won’t receive any other build updates until early 2015, Microsoft confirmed last month, but it appears that the company is working to improve the existing version with new patches and performance optimizations anyway. Microsoftie Gabriel Aul...