Windows 10: kb3106932 causing slow performance on Win10 Lenovo Helix devices

Discus and support kb3106932 causing slow performance on Win10 Lenovo Helix devices in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there a way to block an update (specifically kb3106932) from coming down? OS is Win10. I've got three Lenovo helix tablet devices and every time one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kelemvor4, Nov 9, 2015.

1. kelemvor4 Win User

kb3106932 causing slow performance on Win10 Lenovo Helix devices

Is there a way to block an update (specifically kb3106932) from coming down? OS is Win10. I've got three Lenovo helix tablet devices and every time one of them takes this update performance disappears. Mouse can't even smoothly move across the screen. I've had the same problem on all three devices now. They have different users, and mostly different software installed.

Removing the update resolves the problem temporarily. Unfortunately after a reboot the update will re-install! That means every time I want to use the device I have to remove the update before I can do anything else. On one of them I resorted to reinstalling windows and disabling windows update. Not the situation I want to be in.

Any ideas?

:)

kelemvor4, Nov 9, 2015
  2. king loui Win User

Jerky Mouse after Win10 upgrade...

Hello, method 2 worked for me as a temporary fix for a few days/weeks, but the "jumpy mouse" problem keeps reoccurring.

This has only happened to me using win10, upgraded from win8- with touchpad and USB mouse.

machine - lenovo helix 36984LU.

king loui, Nov 9, 2015
  3. kpsmysti Win User
    Windows 10 extremely slow after doing update

I upgraded my Lenovo Helix laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10. All was fine until I did an update through Windows Update and now my system is extremely slow to load and respond to tasks.

Is there a way for me to uninstall the update?

kpsmysti, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Yes, there is a way to block an update from installing, but this in fact is not what you should do.

If you are sure that this update causes your problems, then I would try uninstalling it, rebooting and having Windows reinstall it afterwards.

Joergi, Nov 9, 2015
  5. kelemvor4 Win User
    I've done it several times with the same results. When I remove the patch, the problem abates. When I reboot, windows update brings it back down and after it's installed the problem returns.

It must be some incompatibility with a hardware driver is my guess. I've got the same patch installed with no problem on my home built desktop pc.

kelemvor4, Nov 9, 2015
  6. kelemvor4 Win User
    So, how do I block an update from coming down?

kelemvor4, Nov 10, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Nov 14, 2015
  8. kelemvor4 Win User

Thanks. Unfortunately, the KB in question isn't listed by that tool.

I did ascertain more information.

It is the synaptics touchpad enhanced driver that is conflicting with kb3106932. Disabling the touchpad software by setting the "syntpenh" service to "disabled" and stopping the service works just as well. I'm not sure what functionality the synaptics software brings, since the touchpad still works the same, but disabling it suits me just fine.

I hope this helps someone else; I have to assume I'm not the only person to have purchased a lenovo helix.

kelemvor4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. kb3106932 causing slow performance on Win10 Lenovo Helix devices - Similar Threads - kb3106932 causing slow

2. KB5027215 Impact causing slow performance on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5027215 Impact causing slow performance on File Explorer: Across all my customers today I have been getting inundated with reports of poor performance on explore since the June update came out specifically around the Windows Servicing Stack 19044.3025 and 19045.3025, a restore of the machine prior to to the install date is the only...
  3. Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 express cache causing slow performance: I'm fixing a Sony VAIO win 10 laptop, its got a 500gb HDD with a 32gb ssd built into the drive as a fusion drive type. Its 6 years old now. Looking at task manager I see its permanently using 50% disk and there is a delay when I try to do anything. I've gone through the...
  4. Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 express cache causing slow performance: I'm fixing a Sony VAIO win 10 laptop, its got a 500gb HDD with a 32gb ssd built into the drive as a fusion drive type. Its 6 years old now. Looking at task manager I see its permanently using 50% disk and there is a delay when I try to do anything. I've gone through the...
  5. Windows 10 battery causes very slow performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 battery causes very slow performance: Hi my name is Nick and my games and apps Anything! works veeeery slowly and my battery is not charging and when i restart my pc on startup IS VERY LAGGY and i need wait 1, 2 hours possible 1 day to my PC start working better again im stop my PC only in sleep mode because i...
  6. FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803): I noticed that my computer had somekind slow performance on windows opening, window dragging, I wasn't able to create a "true" second desktop because I use way too many programs at same time (I have 16GB ram) and after "upgrading" to april update, -I waited a month to black...
  7. KB3106932 and KB3105210 Related Problem

in Browsers and Email
    KB3106932 and KB3105210 Related Problem: I successfully installed the above updates last Friday. The following day, when using Firefox, I found that accessing secure (https) web sites was generating the error message: "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The page you are trying to...
  8. KB3106932 damaged Windows (Login) How to revert?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3106932 damaged Windows (Login) How to revert?: The recent KB3106932 update has damaged my Windows 10 and I cannot login because the login screen does not show up but I can go in safe mode. How do I revert this update? Going in safe mode and selecting this update does not give me an uninstall option. So what other...
  9. Lenovo Helix 3XXX no networking after upgrade from 8.1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Helix 3XXX no networking after upgrade from 8.1: Things I've tried - update the Bios update the Chipset driver The system may have had an outdated DNE driver (Sonicwall). Manually removed reg key. no luck Anyone have a clue? 13837
  10. Windows 10 Update KB3106932 and KB3105210 - October 29

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update KB3106932 and KB3105210 - October 29: [img] Information Cumulative Update KB3105210 for Windows 10 October 29th. See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3105210 Manual download x64: https://t.co/mSV9bqzkN9 Manual download x86: https://t.co/OB6CBxVyQX Update KB3106932 for Windows 10 October 29th....
Tags: