Windows 10: KB3116908 update failed. Had to use IE to download. REALLY MS??

Discus and support KB3116908 update failed. Had to use IE to download. REALLY MS?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just a rant here. After multiple failures with a failure in the cumulative Windows 10 update KB3116908. The "fix" to delete entries in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zdub, Jul 30, 2016.

1. zdub Win User

KB3116908 update failed. Had to use IE to download. REALLY MS??

Just a rant here.

After multiple failures with a failure in the cumulative Windows 10 update KB3116908. The "fix" to delete entries in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download didn't work.

So I found the manual download link.

Failed in Chrome. Says I need IE. So I figured I'll try Edge. But even MS Edge said I have to use IE! Fired up IE and downloaded.

Very bizarre that MS won't even let their newest, bestest browser to be used as a front end to download updates.

:)

2. Hakav Win User

kb3116908 x64 for win10 update failed with error code 0x800F0922

I haved install kb3116908 via windows update .after reboot,update will failed at 87% and rollback update .

I also try thease and failed:

1.install kb3116908 manual;

2.delete all files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and reinstall;

Hakav, Jul 30, 2016
  3. KB3116908 INSTALLATION FAILED AFTER 95% DOWNLOAD. RETRIED MANY TIMES BUT FAILED.

<Original title: KB3116908>

KB3116908 INSTALLATION FAILED AFTER 95% DOWNLOAD. RETRIED MANY TIMES BUT FAILED. PLEASE PROVIDE FIX FOR THIS

samir211027, Jul 30, 2016
  4. CmmTch Win User

That does seem strange zdub *Confused but IMO Edge is far from ready for prime time. I tried it for several weeks nearly a year ago, then again after the Nov. release, and still go back every once in a while, but it's still too basic. MS released it long before it was ready, it is faster (seemed that way to me) but it just lacks so many smaller things that show it was not ready.

Something simple as tab control, IE11, right click on a link and open in new tab, I've set it to open the new tab in front. You can't set it that way with Edge, it can be done with a work around, Ctrl+s or something, I can't remember at the moment since it's been too long. That illustrates a very basic option for a MS browser, this isn't their first attempt, they should be proficient in browser development by now. There aren't near the choices for Edge as there are in Tools > Internet options

It may be their newest browser, but it's not even close to their best. The whole thing is they released it too early, it wasn't ready, and it shows. I've had very good luck with IE11 hardly ever a crash. It may come up to speed much more after the much touted Aug 2nd update.

CmmTch, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

1. KB3116908 update failed. Had to use IE to download. REALLY MS?? - Similar Threads - KB3116908 update failed

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Browsers and Email
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...
  6. MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely

in Windows 10 Support
    MS IE and MS Edge won't play nicely: I am trying to resolve an issue with my nephew's laptop. After a Remote repair tech in a third world country hosed this machine, I was able to repair the Win 10 Home installation. The owner wants/ needs to be able to use Edge, and IE 11 at the same time. Evidently the company...
  7. Windows Update KB3116908

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB3116908: I'm running Windows 10 (Factory Installed With Microsoft Edge) A Windows Update #KB3116908 was installed during the night and when I woke up this morning my homepage stopped opening in full screen mode... It always did, now it doesn't, I have to use the increase size icon to...
  8. IE 11 download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11 download: My wife just loaded windows 10 and would like to install IE 11, because I have it on my windows 10 machine, but I can't find where to get it to downloads. Need help please.. 16887
  9. Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update: Problem: After update KB3116908 yesterday puter reboots and.. 1, Desktop background image gone and colour changed to black. 2, A couple of smaller programs/tools un-installed, but re install and run fine. Trivial I know but more serious... 3, Apache which ran OK before...
  10. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908)

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908): Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116908 [img]
Tags: