Windows 10: KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?

Discus and support KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 7 SP1 clean install I want to install KB3125574, the 'Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by camelia, Jun 4, 2018.

1. camelia Win User

KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?

Hello,

Windows 7 SP1 clean install

I want to install KB3125574, the 'Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1'

Where is the KB article to follow the prerequisites?

Can I have more instructions about installing the KB3125574 on Windows 7 SP1 x64?

A VIP member said I may need to install a service stack first. I dont know what he was trying to say
    Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update? Solved - Windows 10 Forums

What is a service stack? (My English is good, but it is not my native language)

PS: Sorry to post a Windows 7 question in Windows 10 Help Forums

Thanks
    Came

:)

camelia, Jun 4, 2018

2. Failing to update these KB 3135782, KB 890830 and KB 3135173

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are facing issue in updating windows updates. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter. Restart the PC and check.

If the above steps doesn't work, try the below automatic Windows troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-10

If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually reset the Windows update components and check if it helps.

Reset Windows update components.

Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates. Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components manually:

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
    • Stop the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop cryptSvc
      • net stop bits
      • net stop msiserver
    • Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and
      Catroot2
      folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    • Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the
      ENTER key after you type each command.
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start cryptSvc
      • net start bits
      • net start msiserver
    5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

For reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry,
    click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Ty F. Win User
    Ty F., Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?

1. KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article? - Similar Threads - KB3125574 where article

2. Asking for permission to make KB articles about Software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for permission to make KB articles about Software.: Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, where ever you are!What is the process or guidelines for making informational content or walkthroughs of the software Microsoft Provides?Thanks for your time and consideration on this matter.Best,Hank *** Email address is removed...
  3. Asking for permission to make KB articles about Software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for permission to make KB articles about Software.: Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, where ever you are!What is the process or guidelines for making informational content or walkthroughs of the software Microsoft Provides?Thanks for your time and consideration on this matter.Best,Hank *** Email address is removed...
  4. MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed: hello, im just trying to install mathcad 15 on my windows 11 laptop. but it says must be install MSXML 4.0 SP2. but the MSXML can't installed on my laptop. how can i install it?...
  5. 7 KB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    7 KB: ?7 . KB KB4474419 . " ." . ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/%EC%9C%88%EB%8F%84%EC%9A%B07/8ec4b767-f549-487a-affd-45582f4ea38d
  6. KB Article Missing from Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB Article Missing from Update Catalog: So I've been trying to find some evidence for an audit where auditors picked the KB article: KB5006754.When I go to a specific host and run the "get-hotfix" powershell command it shows up in the list Source column has been edited:Source Description HotFixID InstalledBy...
  7. KB Article Missing from Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB Article Missing from Update Catalog: So I've been trying to find some evidence for an audit where auditors picked the KB article: KB5006754.When I go to a specific host and run the "get-hotfix" powershell command it shows up in the list Source column has been edited:Source Description HotFixID InstalledBy...
  8. How to download a KB article

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download a KB article: We have a use case where we want to install older KB articles on windows 2019 servers. In order to do this, we want to download a specific KB article via automation. So, my question is : If we know the KB article , can we download it via automation without knowing the link?...
  9. Patching Tuesday : About KB Articles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Patching Tuesday : About KB Articles: Hi All, Hope you are well and maintaining social distance to fight against COVID-19. I just want to how What is Patch Tuesday? And how whole process of patch Tuesday takes place. On the same note, What is KBarticle and how they work. What KBarticles actually contents?...
  10. Look up deleted Microsoft KB articles

in Windows 10 News
    Look up deleted Microsoft KB articles: Microsoft started to use its Docs website in 2016 to publish new articles. The company retired the classic MDSN and Technet sites and migrated these to an archive on the Docs site as well. The company started to clean up its support pages in 2018 by deleting articles on...