Windows 10: KB3140768 update causing audio problems

Discus and support KB3140768 update causing audio problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've just uninstalled the KB3140768 update because of severe audio crackling and stuttering while using the internet. Has anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by benyig, Mar 13, 2016.

1. benyig Win User

KB3140768 update causing audio problems

Hello,

I've just uninstalled the KB3140768 update because of severe audio crackling and stuttering while using the internet.

Has anybody experienced similar problems with this update? Also, isn't it dangerous to uninstall/block a security update like this?

Thanks!

:)

benyig, Mar 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 Start-Up

The cause of my problem is Update KB3140768. It fails to download causing my PC to go into

the loop mode and saying "We couldn't complete the update, undoing changes...................

GeorgeDemeter, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Having trouble with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3140768). Has failed multiple times trying to install.

<Original title: Security update failure...>

Having trouble with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3140768). Has failed multiple times trying to install.

Any thoughts to what is causing this problem?

Thanks,

MichaelSurkand, Mar 13, 2016
  4. benyig Win User

OK, the crackling is back, although no new updates have been installed since.... It started again a day ago and is getting progressively worse. Please help!

benyig, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

1. KB3140768 update causing audio problems - Similar Threads - KB3140768 update causing

2. Can .net framework cause audio problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can .net framework cause audio problems?: Recently I received a notification on my new laptop that my .net framework needed an updated and I carelessly canceled it. Later after I installed VALORANT, I came across an audio bug. Every time my friend would talk in discord or someone in the game would speak, the sound of...
  3. Can .net framework cause audio problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can .net framework cause audio problems?: Recently I received a notification on my new laptop that my .net framework needed an updated and I carelessly canceled it. Later after I installed VALORANT, I came across an audio bug. Every time my friend would talk in discord or someone in the game would speak, the sound of...
  4. Audio enhancements causing problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio enhancements causing problem.: After a windows 10 update, my laptop suddenly lost sound. I searched online for fix and found out that Audio Enhancements cause the problem. When I turned it off, my laptop had sound again. But both sound and the record sound were way smaller and worse than it used to be. I...
  5. Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem: I installed the latest windows update on the 16 of March 2021, this cause audio crackling on all sound devices: Bluetooth, Speakers, 3.5mm jack, Corsair Virtuoso headset. So far all issues point to a system issue or update in KB5001567, not sure which but I solved it by...
  6. Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems

Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows software and began having audio issues. For me this manifests as my Bluetooth headset repeatedly flickering between connected, voice, then audio. The connection is active, the device just isn't usable. I am looking at other users...
  7. Audio driver causing problems with PC performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver causing problems with PC performance: Recently, my pc has become very slow and sluggish (almost non-responsive at times) and I have come to the conclusion that it is the HD Audio driver that is causing it. I deleted the driver and the system immediately went back to a normal working condition. However, in doing...
  8. Update causes problems

Update causes problems: Twice the windows button in the lefthand corner of the taskbar has stopped working after an update. I have fixed the problem by undoing the update but the system keeps on wanting to try again. How can I stop it? *** moved to englisch Community ***...
  9. Update will not load and is causing problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update will not load and is causing problems: My Windows 10 computer has been running 10 for over a year now. Updates have always worked. This week a "large" update has tried to load every time I'm on line. This bogs down the computer and is causing problems on some web sites. I keep getting the same error " We couldn't...
  10. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140768

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140768: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140768 [img] Manuallly download: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...px?q=KB3140768 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3140768) Direct download links: x64:...