Windows 10: KB3156421 cant install - rolls back

Discus and support KB3156421 cant install - rolls back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have done all WU restore etc. matters an ran dism and SFC / scannow with success. Have it hidden to be able to use Windows. Everything is working OK,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by splitsecond, Jun 5, 2016.

1. KB3156421 cant install - rolls back

Have done all WU restore etc. matters an ran dism and SFC / scannow with success. Have it hidden to be able to use Windows. Everything is working OK, but it wont update KB3156421. Reverses back with 98 % done. Have Macrium and Acronis installed. Have removed all sids from extra user accounts in registry, no go.

Made successful W10 reinstall upgrade in place, but the issue still persists. Have no idea what to try next. Update can't be installed if Nvidia GPU or only iGPU used. Doesn't matter if have Nvidia drivers/HW or not. Downloaded the update separately, no luck.

:)

splitsecond, Jun 5, 2016
  2. Rus T Win User

how to solve DISM error 3017?

I am trying to fix opencl.dll problem that I described here

I can't update KB3156421, problem with opencl.dll

got the install.wim, mount it, and then dism /online /restorehealth.

then i got this error

Error: 3017

The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Rus T, Jun 5, 2016
  3. BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, after Fall Creators Update

Hey mate, how did you roll back?

Through problem fixing or a new iso?

I cant find 1703 anywhere, and i got a clean install so cant roll back

mitchvan os, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

KB3156421 cant install - rolls back

1. KB3156421 cant install - rolls back - Similar Threads - KB3156421 cant install

2. Rolling back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rolling back to Windows 10: Can someone provide me with instructions for going back to Windows 10? I'm currently on the Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 18950.rs_prerelease.190726-1645. I would like to opt out of the Windows 10 preview program. Thank you!...
  3. Roll back 1809

Roll back 1809: My MSI WS60 with Win10Pro originally, now is dual boot with Win7Ult as primary OS, on separate partition. I updated Win10Pro to 1809 on Sept18, I do believe. I have a Macrium Clone of the entire drive prior to backup. Can I boot Win10Pro, and quickly roll back the update,...
  4. Roll back loop --Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Roll back loop --Help: Hi there I decided to revert back from Insider build 17746 to the standard build on one machine using Windows revert back in the update / security system - just testing instead of restoring via a Macrium image.. The roll back worked and I also requested no more insider...
  5. roll back option

roll back option: ok if i log in my microsoft account on my windows 10 pc will it let me go back and i go to advance startup and press previous windows even though i delted my previous windows installation on my disk cleanup, also another question if i download windows 8.1 iso file and go back...
  6. Roll back to version 1607

Roll back to version 1607: I have massive stuttering issues in all of my game, I am sure this si due to the windows creators update. I want to roll back to 1607 to check if this will help. Is there any possible way that I can do this? When I go to recovery, I don't see the option....
  7. kb3156421

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    kb3156421: Since this update was installed,have a daily APPCRASH,specifically :compattelrunner.exe",which is in System32.A report has been sent for each occurrence.Has anyone else experienced this? 50234
  8. Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.: So, recently (after the November build release) I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update. After which, it seemed, my home network was thrown out of wack. I immediately rolled/reverted/recovered to previous build. But now everything is...
  9. Win 10 Mobile - cant roll back to Denim?

Win 10 Mobile - cant roll back to Denim?: great. so ive been using the newest mobile build for a month or so, since it launched. its still bit buggy with the touch disappearing totally and nothing but power-boot helps with it. sometimes i cant answer calls due to this. ok, now im trying to roll back to 8.1/Denim...
  10. Rolled back to wds 8.1 ...!

Rolled back to wds 8.1 ...!: Hi All . I have rolled back to my "Snappy" wds 8.1 --- and yet I'd made a copy of wds10 and Imaged it .."In case" .. ..and it shows in C drive a "windows" folder ." Just like when you upgrade to w10 ..with windows old folder" Can I delete it ...? [img] Thanks .. 14181