Windows 10: KB3194496 - No Internet or Local Network (Avast AV)

Discus and support KB3194496 - No Internet or Local Network (Avast AV) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just wanted to post on the error I had this morning. After the massive KB3194496 yesterday I got the yellow exclamation mark on my network card, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by madmuso, Sep 30, 2016.

1. madmuso Win User

KB3194496 - No Internet or Local Network (Avast AV)

Just wanted to post on the error I had this morning. After the massive KB3194496 yesterday I got the yellow exclamation mark on my network card, no Internet, no connections to local newtork. To save your reading on - the fix was to do a Repair of AVAST AV from Programs and Features.

The network card had picked up the self configured IP address that it gets when it can't reach DHCP. All other systems on my home network working fine. Tried many things (disabled/enabled network card, re-install network card driver, reboot home router, untinstall network card and re-boot). I then installed a USB wireless network card I have and this also failed to connect to my wireless network (but worked fine on another PC that has not yet had the Anniversary update and KB3194496). At this point I realised that the netword card driver was not the issue. I started reading up on KB3194496 (which I could see is what had changed since the network/internet was last working) and could see that it is a massive udpate - and tries to address many, many issues.

Thanks to a thread on tomshardware Realtek Ethernet LAN Card Stopped Working after Upgrade to Windows 10 [Solved] - windows 10 - Windows 10 and seeing that another user had a similar issue with the Anniversary update itself I tried doing a repair of AVAST AV using Control Panel - Programs and Features - Right Click on Avast Internet Security - select Change, and then Repair - followed by a reboot. After the reboot network was working fine. I should note that the startup and full loading of all my task tray icons took much, much longer than usual (so be patient if you try this). Avast did not seem to start up so I tried starting it from the Start Menu and it started successfully, ran an initial startup scan and I have been running fine for the past couple of hours.

Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

:)

madmuso, Sep 30, 2016

2. windows 10, start button does nothing. Event Log: access denied Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service event id 1542

If you have Avast AV, remove it.

Also delete all the files in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database

Reboot.

Worked for me.

StapleBench, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Start Menu and Cortana .... still no fix .... will there ever be an update to fix this?

I uninstalled Avast Internet Security AV, rebooted, and Start menu button/Cortana are now rock solid.

I have brought this to the attention of Avast as it appears to be their latest release in mid-December that caused these issues.

USAFRetired, Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

KB3194496 - No Internet or Local Network (Avast AV)

1. KB3194496 - No Internet or Local Network (Avast AV) - Similar Threads - KB3194496 Internet Local

2. BSOD during a Avast AV full scan.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD during a Avast AV full scan.: I got a “system thread exception not handled” BSOD while a full system scan by Avast AV (free) was going on. There was also this grrr sound coming from the laptop. What should I do? It didnt happen again.I didnt run a full scan again. What should I do? submitted by...
  3. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  4. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  5. What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?: I have a tight budget right now but need a dependable AV for my computer with Win 10. I've heard good things about Avast but dislike the popups and I also like Bitdefender but need advice on this issue. Thanks in advance! 105163
  6. Defer Updates - KB3194496

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defer Updates - KB3194496: Hello Just a quick question. I understand that the latest Windows 10 update - KB3194496 - contains 'improvements and fixes' to quote Microsoft. Considering this update doesn't mention security updates/patches (but that could be implicit in 'fixes' I concede), why am I...
  7. Update KB3194496 = No internet !!!!!

Update KB3194496 = No internet !!!!!: I run 3 computers (all windows 10 - 2x 32 bit + 1x 64 bit) On Friday update KB3194496 came on the scene. End result being that 2 computers operate with no problems, but the third has lost its internet connection. The moment this update is applied, my network and sharing...
  8. KB3194496 .msu download link

KB3194496 .msu download link: Howdy, Recently with each update, direct download link of .cab files are published on the Internet instead of .msu files. Why? I always can get .msu files, but downloading using Windows Update Catalog which is pretty small and takes time. However, problem's that now I need...
  9. Install KB3194496 - RESULT? no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install KB3194496 - RESULT? no internet connection: I run 3 computers (all windows 10 - 2x 32 bit + 1x 64 bit) On Friday update KB3194496 came on the scene. End result being that 2 computers operate with no problems, but the third has lost its internet connection. The moment this update is applied, my network and sharing...
  10. Avast blocks the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast blocks the internet: Avast update block all the internet Avast blocks the entire internet – again • The Register 84141
Tags: