Windows 10: KB3211320 Downloading Hang

Discus and support KB3211320 Downloading Hang in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I recently installed the KB3211320 update and, for the first time ever really, the download hung at 97% for a long time after shooting up to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AntJac, Jan 25, 2017.

1. AntJac Win User

KB3211320 Downloading Hang

Hi. I recently installed the KB3211320 update and, for the first time ever really, the download hung at 97% for a long time after shooting up to that point relatively quickly. I am a bit of a panicky Pete with these kinds of things but other updates such as Defender and driver releases all install with no issues.

Just wondering is there anything I can do to like safeguard my PC in the future with regards to issues like this or is just a simple server issue with MS? Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Jan 25, 2017
  2. WwilliamM Win User

Why can't I uninstall update KB3211320???

Wow, microsoft knew for 2 weeks now that KB3211320 made system unstable, and yet they still let my PCs download and install the update yesterday... both my PC are almost unusable ! Type KB3211320 on google, that thing is poison.

I'd like to know why nothing was done to prevent people from downloading it ?

WwilliamM, Jan 25, 2017
  3. KB3213986

Hi @
    Gerry C J Cornell

Kb3211320 is causing the problem in installing KB3213986. It is an update for Windows Update. It needs to be installed after KB3213986, not before.

Once Kb3211320 is installed, it can't be uninstalled.

User needs to use ISO Disk of 14393.0 to go back without losing any files.

Then use Wushowhide to Hide Kb3211320.

Reboot / restart and then use Windows Update to get and install KB3213986.

Unhide Kb3211320, restart and now install Update Kb3211320.

thecreator, Jan 25, 2017
  4. KB3211320 Downloading Hang

Get a copy of Macrium Reflect and take regular images. If something goes wrong you can restore to a working system. (Practice on an old device) (Determine how you will backup data and OS or both.)

Also make sure your restore points are enabled and you provide enough space to the process so you can keep several versions.

Create a Recovery Drive by typing Recovery Drive in Cortana and follow process. Likely need an 8GB key. This will give you bootable media to execute trouble shooting / repair routines. Macrium requests you to create bootable media. Read about Macrium in our tutorials.

If a particular update is large and giving you an install issue head to the Microsoft Catalog and download the KB you are looking for.

Run the Windows Update trouble shooter to make sure no issues detected.

Type troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar, troubleshooting appears at top.
    Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click.
    Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”.
    Should run clean. If not run again.

Then issue these two commands from Command Prompt(admin)

net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits

Double click on the file you downloaded. Once installed reboot.

Caledon Ken, Jan 25, 2017
  5. AntJac Win User
    Thank you very much my friend!

AntJac, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

KB3211320 Downloading Hang

1. KB3211320 Downloading Hang - Similar Threads - KB3211320 Downloading Hang

2. Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer: I have a Dell laptop which came with Windows 11 preinstalledAn issue I've had since the start is that the Downloads folder often hangs when I open it in explorer. It can take about 2 minutes before explorer responds again.Today the issue occurred once after using Explorer to...
  3. Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer: I have a Dell laptop which came with Windows 11 preinstalledAn issue I've had since the start is that the Downloads folder often hangs when I open it in explorer. It can take about 2 minutes before explorer responds again.Today the issue occurred once after using Explorer to...
  4. Download hanging

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download hanging: Hi...Purchased forza 7 motorsport. Received confirmation email and started the download. After around 10 seconds the progress bar stops and a "Resuming download" message appears but it just hangs. Im downloading to an external drive with plenty of space, internet speed is...
  5. Microsoft Store downloads hang

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store downloads hang: Whenever I open the Microsoft Store on my computer, it tries to download presumably updates for "Microsoft Store," "Mail and Calendar," and "Xbox Console Companion." All of them go through the usual process of checking files->allocating disk space->downloading, but on that...
  6. Download hangs when completed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download hangs when completed: When downloading "files", and it completes full download it hangs for about to a full minute, before it opens for installation. I am using Windows 10 version 1903......
  7. Downloads folder hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder hangs: Hi All, My W10 system has been working great since purchase Jan2018 (I do updates as available), but as of 8/11/19 my Downloads folder is hanging. That's a problem for me because even tho I have my Firefox set to ask for download location, Win still points to Downloads...
  8. Computer hangs/lags when downloading from Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer hangs/lags when downloading from Steam: This started happening yesterday. Whenever I download a game from steam after a couple of minutes my whole system starts to hang (mouse lags, audio lags, programs lag) and I get high CPU usage in windows explorer, Avast, System Interrupts, and Steam. I've read a couple places...
  9. Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved: Hey all, I've been searching around for answers to this one but can't seem to find what would create these symptoms: I tried to download a photo from a stock photo site through their download link, which I've done hundreds of times. It downloaded almost all the way...
  10. Critical Update KB3211320 for Windows 10 Version 1607

in Windows 10 News
    Critical Update KB3211320 for Windows 10 Version 1607: [img] Information New Microsoft Edge Critical Update KB3211320 just released via Windows Update for PCs running Windows 10 version 1607. Details: Servicing stack update for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016: January 24, 2017 Microsoft Security Bulletin...