Windows 10: KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer

Discus and support KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After update KB4022716, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer all crash. Only Edge works now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and Chrome, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RJG, Jun 27, 2017.

1. RJG
    RJG Win User

KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer

After update KB4022716, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer all crash. Only Edge works now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and Chrome, but still not luck. I have also reset Winsock with no luck. Surely I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm sure it's the update because it has done the same thing to 2 of my machines. It won't even successfully restore to a point prior to the update. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

2. windows 10 adobe flash player security update

Are you using Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or another alternate browser to access "games on the net?"

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 27, 2017
  3. Downloading Enterprise version of Windows 10 from licensing site

Disappointingly, the "resolution" is to use a browser other than Internet Explorer. Downloads seem to work fine in both Chrome and Firefox.

JoshDaGeek, Jun 27, 2017
  4. KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer

Firefox is still working for me.

Josey Wales, Jun 27, 2017
  5. I am having a similar problem, except Firefox is still working. However, Chrome flashes momentarily and then disappears. While Internet Explorer gives me this error.

KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer [​IMG]

Any direction for a solution is much appreciated! Thank you

down4yourz, Jun 27, 2017
  6. geebit Win User
    Exactly the same happened for me. Installed the update and both Chrome and IE stopped working.

Thankfully managed to uninstall the update and all is working as it previously was. Although it will undoubtedly try to re-install it automatically.

Have you tried clicking on "Uninstall updates" under "Update history" and then selecting the update and clicking uninstall?

geebit, Jun 27, 2017
  7. Geebit: I uninstalled as you suggested and now both browsers work again. I am avoiding this update from Microsoft.

Thanks!

down4yourz, Jun 28, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

IE and Firefox work just fine after that update. I don't have Chrome.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have the update on both my laptop and desktop computers. Firefox works fine on my desktop. On my laptop I just used Firefox to download Chrome with and I'm posting this with Chrome now. So the update did not break either one on my computers.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2017
  10. jamis Win User
    My system auto-updated while I was away. On the restart, Windows Explorer became unresponsive and the screen remained black. After a few minutes, I powered down with Task Manager (ctl/alt/delete). After power up, the desktop was displayed. FF v54.0 works fine, IE11 fails to load, Chrome works OK. I will uninstall this update (KB4022716).

Update: Removed KB4022716 and IE works now. Other browsers still work OK. Well, that's an hour of my life I won't get back.

jamis, Jun 28, 2017
  11. RJG
    RJG Win User
    Thank you Geebit, it never occurred to me to try to uninstall the update...I was so traumatized! I attempted to restore from prior to the update, and of course that failed. That has happened regularly by the way. Thanks again, I will try that now. I also intend to disable the auto updates until they get this corrected.

12. mrgeek Win User
    "I also intend to disable the auto updates until they get this corrected. "

you have other issues. I use Edge, Firefox and Chrome and all 100% work after the update and all previous ones. I haven't used IE in over 5 yrs, so no comment on that one.

mrgeek, Jun 28, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

I can comment on IE 11. I am using it right now to make this post, with KB4022716 installed. No problems with IE, FF, Chrome, or Edge.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    In fact.... they all work simultaneously:

KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2017
  15. RJG
    RJG Win User
    No, I don't think so mrgeek. After removeing KB4022716, all browsers are again functioning as they should. The issue is the KB, period. Looking in other forums, I see other users are beginning to report the same issue. All 3 of the browsers that stopped functioning on my PC's also stopped functioning on theirs. You were one of the lucky ones my friend! It's good to see that at least some people aren't having problems. Thanks for your response.

Thema:

1. KB4022716 "Broke" Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - KB4022716 Broke Firefox

2. Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?: Since a windows update, my chrome has suddenly been starting up very inconsistently and slowly. It used to be instant (less than a second) vs now being anywhere from 7-15 seconds. I did the basic troubleshooting steps and they didn’t help. After another windows update,...
  3. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  4. Youtube videos are not getting played in chrome/firefox/Internet explorer in Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Youtube videos are not getting played in chrome/firefox/Internet explorer in Windows 10 laptop: Hi, Youtube videos are not getting played in any of the browsers in Windows 10 Laptop. I tried below options. I purchased laptop with Windows 10 OS. 1. enabling 'Use software rendering insteadof GPU rendering' in internet explorer. 2. Installed latest version of Adobe...
  5. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  6. Internet Explorer acting like Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer acting like Firefox: I was on Yahoo and accessed the Games. I accessed the daily crossword and I got the ad bypass window that Firefox displays and then the game came up. I tried a couple of the other games and it did the same thing. One thing fixed... 3503
  7. new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC

in Browsers and Email
    new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC: Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this two errors constantly...
  8. KB4022716 broke my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB4022716 broke my audio: So just installed KB4022716, hoping it would fix the slow boot after creaters update but it completely broke my audio. All sound stutters like crazy. It's so bad that i cant even understand what someone says in for example review video on YouTube. Music playback, same....
  9. Cumulative Update KB4022716 for Windows 10 Insiders in Slow ring

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4022716 for Windows 10 Insiders in Slow ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 7/5: We have released KB4034450 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring which supersedes KB4022716 and includes a single fix for an issue causing some laptops to boot to a black screen. Hello Windows Insiders, If...
  10. Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer: Google Chrome Likely to Dethrone Internet Explorer as World’s Top Browser New data shows that IE is losing users very fast [img] The latest set of browser market share figures provided by Net Applications indicate that Microsoft’s strategy of replacing Internet...
Tags: