Windows 10: KB4048954 update has caused unresponsive Task Bar items

Discus and support KB4048954 update has caused unresponsive Task Bar items in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My task bar is non-responsive as from 21 Nov when KB4048954 update was done on my PC (Ver 1703 Build 15063.726). When I click on Speaker icon, Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jeddie, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

KB4048954 update has caused unresponsive Task Bar items

My task bar is non-responsive as from 21 Nov when KB4048954 update was done on my PC (Ver 1703 Build 15063.726).
    When I click on Speaker icon, Network icon, Action Centre, Cortana, Calendar, or Start Button nothing happens

I posted this before in different forum here but I thought it was solved after I rolled back my system to an earlier system image. But the update came back a week later and so did this issue.

Also I notice in Updates it says;
    '2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954)'
    Requires a re-start to finish installing
    '

I have done a re-start and still no response.

Can someone advise on what is going on? Or how to fix?

:)

Jeddie, Nov 21, 2017

2. Windows Restore - Really Slow Laptop

so I tried what you said above, and the troubleshooter found no issues. My pc has become significantly better, but still the items in the task bar become unresponsive. my laptop is touch screen. when I hit the windows button on the task bar, nothing showed.
    I then hit the physical windows button, and that didn't work either. so I had to restart my laptop again.

jadenroman, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Wifi not working . windows 10

I now have this problem since yesterday. I never had this issue until I tried to fix an unresponsive task bar. It has been a nightmare ever since I tried a few twerks, updates, and other things I can't even remember. My task bar is still unresponsive,
    along with the no wifi. The only thing I can say to anyone looking to try and fix the task bar issue.....leave it be! If you can work around it, do it. It's not worth the headache. I tried everything throughout an entire day, and still no wifi. I see no solution
    in sight.

NicholasMancini, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Jeddie Win User

I just went back to windows updates and it says now;
    'There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Error 0x80070002'

Any advice would be welcome.

Jeddie, Nov 22, 2017
  5. Jeddie Win User
    Can somebody please assist?

Jeddie, Nov 22, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    For the record I will advise how I fixed - I did an in place repair and upgraded to 1709.

Task bar is working fine again.

Jeddie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KB4048954 update has caused unresponsive Task Bar items - Similar Threads - KB4048954 update has

2. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my task bar unresponsive?: When I turn on my PC all my pinned apps are no longer pinned and when I place my cursor over the entirety of the taskbar, it shows a loading symbol and I'm unable to click on anything on the taskbar this involves the windows icon, the search bar and the things on the bottom...
  3. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my task bar unresponsive?: When I turn on my PC all my pinned apps are no longer pinned and when I place my cursor over the entirety of the taskbar, it shows a loading symbol and I'm unable to click on anything on the taskbar this involves the windows icon, the search bar and the things on the bottom...
  4. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  6. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  7. File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive: Whenever a second user logs in on my machine, they do not have access to FIle Explorer and the Task Bar is unresponsive. I am able to fix the issue by forcing the other account to sign off in the User portion of the Task Manager. If the initial account then logs back in, it...
  8. Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right side of Task Bar unresponsive: Whenever I try to click Action Center, Time & Calendar, Volume Mixer or Network Settings nothing happens. My System Tray, Start Button & All Program shortcuts are responsive. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Hootla [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive: One of our other computers has a Windows 10 problem. When I hover over the task bar it does not respond. I cannot even open settings at this point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-is-unresponsive/01a8be50-2974-429d-8365-18f49cc1d96e
  10. Task bar unresponsive

Task bar unresponsive: Running windows 10 on my lap top. This morning it worked fine and now I cannot activate the start button, internet, type in search or view notifications. Ran virus software and cleaners to no avail. At a loss, usually pretty good with this stuff....
Tags: