Windows 10: KB4048955 failed to install

Discus and support KB4048955 failed to install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yet another weird kb4048955 update problem but different from the usual "cannot install" problem. On checking my update history it was shown as having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robertd, Nov 18, 2017.

1. robertd Win User

KB4048955 failed to install

Yet another weird kb4048955 update problem but different from the usual "cannot install" problem. On checking my update history it was shown as having failed with code 0x8007139f. I used my usual procedure which resolved the previous several months such problems with the big system updates. On rebooting and checking for updates it reported that no updates were needed but the history still showed it as having failed on the previous attempt. I downloaded the update file manually whereupon on trying to install it, it reported that that update was already installed. History still showed it as having failed. The error code given is that Windows Defender was not operating; this is true as I was using Avast as antivirus. I do not know whether to believe the History or the message from manual updating. Does this ring any bells with anyone? I find Microsoft's record with these Creator updates unbelievable.

Robert Donald

:)

robertd, Nov 18, 2017
  2. AKAndrew Win User

Windows Update KB4048955 failed to install 0x80070643

I ran Windows Update Troubleshooter several times before my initial post, and it had an error that was wasn't able to be fixed, but then appeared to be fixed after running it two more times. I just ran it again, and it said that it had fixed two problems:
    Potential Windows Update Database error detected (fixed) and Windows Update components must be repaired (fixed).

Also before my initial post, I had run the SFC and DISM (doing this based on a Bing search for the error I was having) before trying the Windows Update Standalone Installer. So I have already tried those two things.

AKAndrew, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Windows Update KB4048955 failed to install 0x80070643

Hello,

The issue in installing the update might be caused by missing or corrupted system files. To resolve this, we recommend that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter. The automated troubleshooter will help you in detecting and resolving errors encountered
    while updating. You may install the troubleshooter here.

If the issue persists, kindly run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    (DISM) tool. DISM uses the Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. Kindly run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool as well to ensure that your system has no missing
    or corrupted system files

Kindly check if that resolves the issue.

Your response to the solution will be appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 18, 2017
  4. KB4048955 failed to install

Hi Robert.

KB4048955 was the November 14, 2017 update to bring you to OS build 16299.64

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955

To check your system > Windows key + R, type Winver, enter

I picked up on your words "Usual "Cannot install" problem". If you are having issues on a regular basis I might suggest probing a little deeper. It shouldn't be normal for updates to fail. From a command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin) have you run

(accessed by right clicking start)

sfc /scannow

Please post back what you find from winver.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 20, 2017
  5. robertd Win User
    I have tried every check that I can find on the internet and found nothing wrong with my system. The internet is full of reports of Windows 10 updates failing to complete download or failing to install once downloaded. My experience is that I fix this by clearing the contents of the Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Downloads folder and then running "check for updates" again. My current post is of course different from this.

robertd, Nov 20, 2017
  6. robertd Win User
    I was not able to post the Winver as my wife was hogging the Windows 10 machine. It now shows system as Version 1709, build 16299.64. I had also longtime ago tried the scannow and many other checks without success. Given all the differing reports of download failure and differing experience of solutions suggested, I have concluded that it is not me its Microsoft

robertd, Nov 20, 2017
  7. Cool. If the system is report 16299.64 the KB should be installed. There will be another three weeks. Hopefully that will install without issue.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

KB4048955 failed to install

1. KB4048955 failed to install - Similar Threads - KB4048955 failed install

2. Failed installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed installation: Hello, I've been trying to install the iriun webcam on my windows 7 PC but I'm unable to install it. The image attached describes the pop up message I keep getting. Any help on this pls??...
  3. INSTALLATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALLATION FAILED: Windows update fails to be installed after downloading- Error 0x80070017 please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-failed/13140f7e-3af4-4ff5-924c-9c5a88fe4236
  4. Installation fail

Installation fail: I built a new system and am trying to install Windows 10 Home from a Windows installation USB drive. I boot from the USB. I see a "files loading" screen and then a choice for which version of Windows to install. I choose the one I want and get to a blue screen with the...
  5. Failed Install

Failed Install: Hi There, Can anyone help or solve this problem Please? I have an Update available for The Feature Windows 10 but it keeps failing to install?????? I continually keep getting this Important message - Feature Update to Windows 10 - Version 1803 (6) Last Failed Install...
  6. Installation Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installation Failed: I want to install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem for Linux but got an error message 0x80004002. How can I install this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/installation-failed/e63c5078-c8e5-4e65-a0f4-2afe5f248401
  7. Manually downloaded KB4048955 could not be installed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually downloaded KB4048955 could not be installed.: 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4048955) Two days ago, Windows Update MiniTool found the above update. Yesterday, I downloaded it from Microsoft Update Catalog Today, when I tried to install the downloaded update (a .msu...
  8. Any assistance again - Windows Update KB4048955 just not installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any assistance again - Windows Update KB4048955 just not installing: Hello all... I've posted this issue previously, but I have been unable to solve this issue. To begin with, I've never had any previous issues with any windows 10 updates - none at all. I'm running Windows 10 Creators Edition 64 bit on an Intel I7 system with no issues at...
  9. Failed installation.

Failed installation.: Hi Group, I'm trying to install W10 on a new Dell laptop with W 8.1. The download seems to go fine, the installation seems to go fine, but I end up with "some updates were not installed" "failed one update" with the red shield and the red vertical bar. Error code: 80070003....
  10. Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64: UPDATE 11/30: Cumulative Update KB4051963 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.98 - Windows 10 Forums November 14, 2017 - KB4048955 (OS Build 16299.64) Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced...
Tags: