Windows 10: KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe

Discus and support KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lost my OS and Apps drive this week due to this update earlier this week (short of having another system that will read NVMe there is no way to read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarthH_BI, Aug 25, 2018.

1. GarthH_BI Win User

KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe

Lost my OS and Apps drive this week due to this update earlier this week (short of having another system that will read NVMe there is no way to read data off of an NVMe drive. I only have ONE system that will do it and it's a brick because of the update.)

Borrowed a friends system and got as much off of the drive as permissions would allow, then did clean 1803 install from USB and JUST the NVMe installed.

• Initial install was fine
    • Initial driver update was fine
    • Right after KB4100347 installed DEAD AGAIN.

This update was not tested on a system that it's listed as being built for, so it needs to be removed as an update from incompatible systems or Intel/Microsoft needs to fix the patch OR I need a way to block the patch so I can continue to get other updates.

The options of useless system or insecure system are not acceptable.

:)

GarthH_BI, Aug 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Stuck in autorepair loop when booting

Stuck in auto repair loop when booting windows 10. With auto rpair turned off I get a 0xc0000225 error code.

RonO'Neal2, Aug 25, 2018
  4. KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe

1. KB4100347 caueses infinate autorepair loop on XeonE5-2690 on x79 booting from NVMe - Similar Threads - KB4100347 caueses infinate

2. Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10: Help me please, I can’t get out of this blue screen menu. I clicked on ‘command prompt’ but the black box did not come up. Instead I got a message about the system administrator?? It didn’t make any sense because I am the admin on my personal computer. Is there a way to...
  3. Bluescreen to autorepair boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen to autorepair boot loop: On Saturday, 6/12/2021, I got a bluescreen in the middle of playing CS:GO. The error was an unexpected_store_exception. I figured, no biggie, sometimes thing just break. I let it restart, where it proceeded to get stuck into a boot loop. There's a few weird things about this....
  4. boot from USB to boot from NVMe?

boot from USB to boot from NVMe?: tl;dr: My 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon has a NVMe M.2 slot for a SSD and can read and write from it, but due to an exclusivity agreement with Samsung (who failed to honor it anyways) the BIOS refuses to boot from NVMe drives (on older firmware versions you could glitch the...
  5. Autorepair Loop is dumb

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autorepair Loop is dumb: Ok someone tell me to fix this loop or I can't even do my homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorepair-loop-is-dumb/a4b40b70-7f27-49d6-98c0-c5b7c52ae908
  6. Windows 10 Boot Loop stuck at autorepair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Boot Loop stuck at autorepair: Hi all, Not sure if this was caused by the new Windows update or what. My desktop has been working flawlessly with no issues or concerns. Last night, I powered it off and there was no prompt to update or a scheduled update listed. Tonight, powering it on immediately opened a...
  7. Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop: My computer crashed unexpectedly, and when it restarted it booted to the autorepair tool. None of the options in the tool work except command prompt. Reverting to a previous state gives an error, loading an image gives an error, running diagnostic gives an error. After...
  8. KB4100347

KB4100347: Has this update been fixed or is it still going to cause boot problems on my i5 laptop ? It is being pumped out automatically ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/kb4100347/613073eb-dbe5-4983-b4f2-42d1e4f6f76a
  9. KB4100347

KB4100347: Does installing KB4100347 make any permanent changes in a PC that remain when the update is uninstalled or the HDD is wiped and W10 1803 is re installed? My HDD is at 100% activity nearly all the time with only 1-2% CPU? This renders the PC slow and unusable. I did a clean...
  10. Stuck in autorepair loop when booting

Stuck in autorepair loop when booting: Stuck in auto repair loop when booting windows 10. With auto rpair turned off I get a 0xc0000225 error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/stuck-in-autorepair-loop-when-booting/8d475ba8-cf52-44e4-b67a-488246319b2c
Tags: