Windows 10: KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

Discus and support KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there an way how to fix this issue? How do i stuck here? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gffdfdfdfgfgfdfdggf, Jul 7, 2018.

1. KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

Is there an way how to fix this issue? How do i stuck here?

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing" ea9b6c20-6240-44c2-b9d7-3a2c334b2d55?upload=true.png

:)

gffdfdfdfgfgfdfdggf, Jul 7, 2018

2. Problem Re: KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing

I'm not ready to install Fall update yet. This pertains to the Nov 2017 cum. update. I have the exact same situation and see what this guy sees in windows update in the link below."I looked at update history and the above patch is marked as "Requires a restart to finish installing".No matter how many restarts KB4048954 says the same thing. Not home now to check on the fix referenced below but curious if anyone ran into the same thing. win 10 pro.

.KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing - Microsoft Community

I have since gone into windows update and un-installed KB4048954 and installed KB4055254. Both are cumulative updates from November the former the problem one was from earlier in the month and the latter is from later in the month. KB4055254 installed successfully and does not say that it needs to be restarted. First picture shows KB4055254 installed but I still see KB4048954 listed. In the second picture right below it If I go to uninstall updates I see KB4055254 which is good and I no longer see KB4055254 so I am assuming that it was successfully removed. I believe now that this is mostly an aesthetic thing for me. I would like to remove from the list of updates KB4048954 so that I no longer see "requires a restart." Right clicking it does no good. Anyone have a solution? TIA.

phaedruspress, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Fall Creators Update requires Restart to Finish installing

I had this same "Requires restart to finish installing" problem. I cleaned up the installer folder from the OS drive and downloaded the media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The chose the 'update now' option ( instead of creating the install media) , and this worked.

It took a while, but the the OS is now version 1709 ( 16299.64)

@ Monica Cam: if it helps: before the update that got stuck in the "Requires restart to finish installing" phase there was one failed update. The update history is now erased so I do not have the error messages of that occurrence

Jaap Meiresonne, Jul 7, 2018
  4. DavidY Win User

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Here's what I see:

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing" [​IMG]

Which both look good until I see this...

And it seems doing a restart doesn't help.

DavidY, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

1. KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing" - Similar Threads - KB4284848 stuck Requires

2. Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows...
  3. Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates

Persistent "Requires a restart to finish installing" after most updates: Winver = Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 Some time ago I noticed in my Update History that at least one update was signified asRequires a restart to finish installing although it does appear in the list of installed updates seen by clicking the "uninstall updates" list. I...
  4. Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing

Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello So I got the news that Microsoft pulled the 1809 update after users missing files. My laptop already downloaded the update and giving me "Windows 10 1809 Update Requires a restart to finish installing" in update history ! what should I do to cancel the installation ?...
  5. Requires a restart to finish installing

Requires a restart to finish installing: I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me?? Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing...
  6. KB4284848 update keeps failing and asking for restart.

KB4284848 update keeps failing and asking for restart.: Hi, My KB4284848 update keeps failing. It downloads and installs and then asks for a restart. Once i restart the computer it then asks for me to restart it again, or it waits a while and will ask me to download it again. Each time i restart the laptop it says it failed. I...
  7. Problem with installing update, KB4284848 Failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with installing update, KB4284848 Failed: hi all. i have a problem with installing this update. i tried these: sfc check scan disk check stop update service and removing update folder (SoftwareDistribution) checking date and time (automatic) but still it says updates failed the only change i remember that is...
  8. Problem Re: KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing

Problem Re: KB4048954 patch Requires a restart to finish installing: I'm not ready to install Fall update yet. This pertains to the Nov 2017 cum. update. I have the exact same situation and see what this guy sees in windows update in the link below."I looked at update history and the above patch is marked as "Requires a restart to finish...
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  10. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. requires a restart to finish installing

2. requires a restart to finish installing 1803

3. windows 10 update stuck restart to finish

4. requires restart to finish installing,
  5. requires a restart to finish installing 1809,
  6. requires restart to finish installing win 10,
  7. windows update requires a restart to finish installing,
  8. 2020-02 requires a restrt to finish installing,
  9. fix requires a restart to finish installing windows update,
  10. update requires a restart to finish installing not working,
  11. requires a restart to finish installing 1803 will not go away,
  12. kb4500641 requires a restart to finish installing,
  13. windows update requies a restart to finish installing but does not finish,
  14. stuck requires a restart to finish installing,
  15. kb4487017 stuck on must restart to complete install