Windows 10: Keep getting message "Updates Installed"

Discus and support Keep getting message "Updates Installed" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got a crazy alert! virus! blah blah and the damned computer was screaming at me. I tried to close it down, but I was on the phone and didn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xrbbaker, Aug 11, 2016.

1. xrbbaker Win User

Keep getting message "Updates Installed"

I got a crazy alert! virus! blah blah and the damned computer was screaming at me. I tried to close it down, but I was on the phone and didn't have time to fool with it so I hit the power button. When rebooting I hit f6 to boot to safe mode. Interestingly it stated, "installing updates." After a while it rebooted itself. I then get the little message box "updates installed successfully" or some such. So I go to View the update history and the last update it shows occurred on 8/10. Today is 8/12. I then got a couple of additional pop up messages stating "Updates installed" yet there is no new entry for update history.

Is it possible that some malware was loaded? I'm running Panda Free antivirus scan as I write. Just curious if anyone has any ideas on this. Kind of scary that there is some junk on my pc watching me now...

:)

xrbbaker, Aug 11, 2016

2. I am getting a error message " press ok and remove memory card" every 5 seconds,

try removing the battery and card for ten mins

techbuzzireland, Aug 11, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 11, 2016
  4. xrbbaker Win User

Additional note: I went to control panel/programs/programs and features/installed updates. IT shows that Security update for MS Windows KB3176493 was installed on 8/12/2016. When I look at View Update History, it shows that patch was installed on 8/10/2016. Is it possible that all of this is because the patch was downloaded on 8/10 but since I hadn't rebooted until today, it wasn't actually installed until 8/12? Then the two different places "Update History" and "Installed Updates" just happen to show the same thing with 2 different dates? -thx

xrbbaker, Aug 11, 2016
  5. CmmTch Win User
    That explanation sounds plausible to me xrbbaker. After all, if we think about it, the update isn't actually installed until after a reboot.

I'm going with that reasoning.

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keep getting message "Updates Installed" - Similar Threads - Keep getting message

2. Keep getting Windows update error message 'Install error - 0x80070103'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting Windows update error message 'Install error - 0x80070103': Trying to update - intelliGo - Extension - 100.1.4.1375.This is the sequence - Retry, Downloading, Installing 0%, Retry.It takes about one second from Retry to Retry....
  3. Keep getting Windows update error message 'Install error - 0x80070103'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting Windows update error message 'Install error - 0x80070103': Trying to update - intelliGo - Extension - 100.1.4.1375.This is the sequence - Retry, Downloading, Installing 0%, Retry.It takes about one second from Retry to Retry....
  4. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  5. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  6. Keep getting an error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Keep getting this message: Install a new build of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting this message: Install a new build of windows: [ATTACH] I was on a insider build previously, which caused an issue so I reinstalled window by the download from cloud option and again got the insider build somehow. Now I stopped the insider preview updates and I haven't got any stable windows update since, just some...
  8. Keep getting this message..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting this message..: [ATTACH] The only thing thats really changed with my computer since yesterday is Windows 10 updates. That's it. Please help me with this. This is the first time its done this....
  9. Keep getting a recurring message "Failed install" for Update KB4517389

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting a recurring message "Failed install" for Update KB4517389: I just did another windows update on my laptop and for the first time have a recurring problem. Every time I boot my system up I keep getting a message that an update failed to install but the system says it has been installed. The offending update is KB4517389 Looking this...
  10. I keep getting "Can't install updates" message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I keep getting "Can't install updates" message: I keep getting "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix." in the notifications window. I click on the message & then get the "Windows Update" screen whereupon I get: Update Status: Updates are available HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CP1520...