Windows 10: keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing

Discus and support keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Not sure if it's browser related, but whichever I have on chrome or IE I occasionally get a small window appear with some repeating video with Chinese... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 28, 2015.

1. keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing

Not sure if it's browser related, but whichever I have on chrome or IE I occasionally get a small window appear with some repeating video with Chinese writing the X does not close the window.

I have ran ADWcleaner Adaware spy bot & rogue killer....

various problems were reported and I chose clean in all cases.

but still it comes back from time to time, this happened after downloading some free file recovery programs...when still,in Windows 8 have upgraded to Windows 10 and the problem persists

Help please

UPDATE just happened again and I do not have browser open

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 28, 2015

2. Chinese keyboard speed

Hi FlaviaZ,

Sorry for the late reply. No not yet. When writing a chinese character chinese recognition board, it does not allow me to pause literally not even for 1 second, for me to finish writing the character. So it assumes I finished and an unwanted character pops
    up on the message line. I have to literally write then delete at least 3-4 times to get the character right. Very annoying. I hope you have a solution.

Thank you,

kitty

hello_kittycat, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Stylus on Lumia 820

Help on how to make it work because writing complicated Chinese characters is impossible using finger on a small pad, thanks.

liquor---01, Oct 28, 2015
  4. keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing

Run a scan with MalwareBytes with the Rootkit option enabled in the options

garydexter, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    You might want to d/l this program & have a look to see if you can spot the culprit. And it's free.

Autoruns for Windows

Also, you can try TDSSKiller which is a rootkit scanner.

TDSSKiller Download

keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing [​IMG]
    Note When running TDSSKiller, launch the program, click on the blue text "Change Parameters" & check the box marked "Detect TDLFS File system." Click OK & then run the scan.

That would suggest the process may be running in the background. You may wish to run RKill before you run any scans & see if this aids in removal. Do NOT reboot after running RKill.

RKill Download

Borg 386, Oct 28, 2015
  6. thanks have downloaded as suggested will run and report back

thanks

thought I might try super antispyware, meant to be good so I am told

7. Borg 386 Win User
    If you use that, be aware that they make a portable version you can run from a USB or directly on the PC if you wish. That way you don't have to install the entire AV program.

SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

Also, consider one of these options if you can't seem to get it out of the system.

Borg 386, Oct 28, 2015
  8. keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing

thanks, it seems a lot of these options require a Windows install cd, but as it was upgraded from W8 I don't have one, unless a burnt one from windows media creator is sufficient ?
    fingers crossed havnt seen the pop up window for some time, so maybe it's gone.....various threats were found and I removed them...

suppose could do do a clean install of W10 as its now been activated....lost almost everything when a restore from factory was done under Windows 8 so not much left now that didn't come with W10

thanks for. all the help

9. Borg 386 Win User
    I hope it's sorted & in case you do decide to do a clean install, there are a lot of excellent tutorials on this site for just about any situation. At the bottom of this tutorial you'll see links to other situations involving a clean install. Just in case:

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Oct 28, 2015
  10. the pop up window seems to have gone now, thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 29, 2015
  11. Borg 386 Win User
    *Thumbs Hope it's gone for good

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing

1. keep getting small windows pop up Chinese writing - Similar Threads - keep getting small

2. Window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps popping up: Whenever i open a microsoft app like excel or word, a window tries to open too. It disappears as soon as it appears so i could never see what's actually trying to open. It only affects microsoft apps nothing else. I've scanned the laptop but nothing is wrong....
  3. Small window popping up for half a second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small window popping up for half a second: Hi,Please could someone help - for the past few hours, my Lenovo Windows 11 laptop has been doing this strange thing where a small white window has been popping up in the centre of my screen for half a second then disappearing, and this is happening on average I'd say once...
  4. Small window popping up for half a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small window popping up for half a second: Hi,Please could someone help - for the past few hours, my Lenovo Windows 11 laptop has been doing this strange thing where a small white window has been popping up in the centre of my screen for half a second then disappearing, and this is happening on average I'd say once...
  5. Pop up Applications' Windows are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up Applications' Windows are too small: My pop out windows of all applications are too small.Some windows have option to resize - which intself is not a solution because I need to do this manually for everything.Some windows as the window below - cannot be resized at all.Please advise on the solution....
  6. Small White Box Keeps popping up

Small White Box Keeps popping up: A small white box keeps popping up on my screen after a windows update. I sought the helps of MS Tech who reinstalled the drivers of my graphics. After i restarted the problem is still there. It keeps popping up now and again and covers part of the screen. Kindly advise. It...
  7. keep on getting a pop up from mcafee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keep on getting a pop up from mcafee: i keep on getting a pop up from McAfee i dont how or why THanks Amy Sosinsky https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/keep-on-getting-a-pop-up-from-mcafee/0775561c-d12b-40ec-8e11-04c6db22e2d8
  8. Small pop up screen

Small pop up screen: During every boot up this appears; [ATTACH] What does this mean? Regards, Not2Available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-pop-up-screen/763adf42-cee1-4557-8afc-418395e11921
  9. Chinese Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Pop Up: I have been getting this Chinese pop up for over a year. I lived in China for two years and had to download a few Chinese apps while I was there such as Alipay, WeChat, QQ, and I believe it was called One Drive. I moved back to the USA and uninstalled all these programs so I...
  10. Window Keeps Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Keeps Popping Up: Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D:) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor. 61889