Windows 10: keep numlock on at all times - windows 10

Discus and support keep numlock on at all times - windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can we make sure the numlock is always, and I mean ALWAYS, on? I don't even know why there is a num lock key on modern keyboards that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimswanson53, Jul 17, 2018.

1. keep numlock on at all times - windows 10

How can we make sure the numlock is always, and I mean ALWAYS, on?

I don't even know why there is a num lock key on modern keyboards that have distinct numeric keypads and separate navigation keys. Nevertheless, we deal with it. I have used the registry entries to remove the numlck key (i.e. it does nothing when you press it). This has saved me a great deal of aggravation. Previously, setting the InitialKeyboardIndicators to "2" did the trick to make sure it was always on. Now, however, while it is on after a reboot whenever I "sleep" and wake up, it gets reset to off. I have to bring up the onscreen keyboard to put it back on. I don't know what has changed.

:)

jimswanson53, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Jackman33 Win User
    Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

Jackman33, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

keep numlock on at all times - windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

keep numlock on at all times - windows 10

1. keep numlock on at all times - windows 10 - Similar Threads - keep numlock times

2. NUMLOCK KEY For MY Dell All-inOne Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NUMLOCK KEY For MY Dell All-inOne Keyboard: Lookimg for the NumLock Key for my DP/K 0KJW6K dELL kEYBOARD...Thanks in AdvanceDave062inPortAngelesWa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-key-for-my-dell-all-inone-keyboard/3a3622ab-23ec-4924-993c-9637ebda0c19
  3. Stuck on page and keeps rebooting all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on page and keeps rebooting all the time: Hi am stuck on the recovery screen what ever I press It brings me back to the same page and it keeps rebooting everything time I try and do stuff on it then it won't reboot then it will then I get to the last bit of the reinstall on windows 10 to fix it and it rebooting...
  4. NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time?

in Windows 10 Support
    NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time?: A couple of things I've tried: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Provides a visual TrayStatus . . . https://www.traystatus.com/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -...
  5. numlock icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    numlock icon: why does the numlock icon not show up when I turn on numlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-icon/09828917-296e-4a62-ab7d-0905914e0d22
  6. Keep full screen at all times.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keep full screen at all times.: After the 1809 update (I think) there have been implemented some adaptive fullscreen > windowed mode when something happens > then back to fullscreen when notification ends. Example: When i play a game in full screen and tell my spotify via hotkey to change song, the popup...
  7. Numlock is disabled in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Numlock is disabled in Windows: Hi, Yesterday my Windows was updated and since then the numlock is totally disabled in Windows. I can't use it, can't turn it on by pressing it or anything else. It turns on when I turn the PC on and the light is on, but then when Windows starts up it just turns off...
  8. Windows keeps restarting all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps restarting all the time: I have a new All-in-One Desktop PC (HP425Z) but faced with an irritating issue. It keeps restarting for no reason all the time. I unchecked the automatic restart button and thought I fixed this issue. However, it has come up again. Is the problem with Windows or hardware?...
  9. Windows Defender keeps wanting to be on duty all the time.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender keeps wanting to be on duty all the time.: Windows Defender and my Virus Program keeps coming up and says not activated to control. I made my Virus program which is Vipre to be main program for everything, and set it to be but it and defender keep telling me they are off when I boot up. Should I activate both or not?...
  10. setting NumLock ON at startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    setting NumLock ON at startup in Windows 10: This is a follow-up. I found the post which shows how to put an entry in the registry to turn on NumLock at startup on my new Windows 10 laptop, as for some reason, after the last downloaded update, it didn't work when trying to enter my PIN. I followed instructions for...