Windows 10: Keep personal files only

Discus and support Keep personal files only in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nikolarogo, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Keep personal files only

Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games,

ty for the ones who help. *Cool

:)

nikolarogo, Nov 15, 2015
  2. hdSwed Win User

windows 10 "keep personal files only" question

will "keep personal files only" delete data that is not in the OS drive "C:" ?
    Keep personal files only [​IMG]

hdSwed, Nov 15, 2015
  3. windows 10 "keep personal files only" question

Hi,

It would not delete data from the other drives. However its always good to take a backup of the just incase something goes wrong.

Refer the link for more information on how to take a backup of the data.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/back-up-files#1TC=windows-7

You can use Windows 8 File History to backup the files. Refer to the link to do so:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

You can also go for System Image backup:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/keithmay...-of-windows-8-windows8-itpro-tipoftheday.aspx

Maxwell Joseph, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Keep personal files only

Please help

nikolarogo, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Niko, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

"Keep personal files only" will only keep the files inside your Music, Documents, Pictures, Videos, Downloads folders in your "C:\Users\(user-name)" profile folder.

Everything else will be deleted.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keep personal files only

1. Keep personal files only - Similar Threads - Keep personal files

2. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  3. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  4. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  5. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

6. What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dynorton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eonojk/what_exactly_will_be_deleted_if_i_select_the_keep/
  7. Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?: Hello guys, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 machine. But due to the laptop being bought in Japan back when I was there, it gives an error stating I cannot keep files app etc. due to different language and it only gives me the option of Keep Personal Files...
  8. Updating Windows 10 to Windows Enterprise - Keep personal files only

Updating Windows 10 to Windows Enterprise - Keep personal files only: What does it mean that my settings and apps will be deleted but my files will be kept. Does that mean that the programs that I have installed on my computer will be deleted? Not sure what that means. Please advise....
  9. Upgrading w/personal files only?

Upgrading w/personal files only?: Hi, I wanna upgrade my Windows 7 PC directly using the Media Creation Tool, keeping the personal files only. Is it possible to specify which folders to keep? At minimum, I would like to remove the 'AppData' folder to remove old cache and program files, but I'm still not...
  10. Does Choosing 'Keep personal Files only' remove installed apps?

Does Choosing 'Keep personal Files only' remove installed apps?: What I mean is, if I select to keep my personal files only, will the installed programs be removed completely from my hard drive, or will they be moved to the Windows.Old folder like what happens in Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 ? Because I would like to have them in the...