Windows 10: Keeping Photoshop running all the time with no need for an open image

Discus and support Keeping Photoshop running all the time with no need for an open image in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open an image file (Photoshop is my default image viewer) Photoshop launches and then loads the file. When I close the image, Photoshop quits,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stevekir, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

Keeping Photoshop running all the time with no need for an open image

When I open an image file (Photoshop is my default image viewer) Photoshop launches and then loads the file. When I close the image, Photoshop quits, only to re-launch every single time I open an image. It would be nice for it to follow Mac procedure where once Photoshop is launched it remains so (without any file having to be opened) until explicitly quitted.

How could I arrange that please?

I have tried creating a Photoshop "Keeper" file, almost empty of data, and saving that to the Desktop, and running it at the beginning of a session (and I could put it into Windows' startup routine), but is there a better way?

Thanks

:)

Stevekir, Apr 12, 2017
  2. TimBusch Win User

Cannot open multiple files into photoshop from explorer

I shoot sports photography and my workflow is to open over 100 jpgs at a time to quickly edit and crop. I have done this for years successfully with all versions of PS and Windows. After upgrading from windows 7 64 to windows 10 64, I can select up to 28
    jpgs from the photoshop browser then right-click and open/open-with and photoshop opens and they all load. Selecting more than 28 images and then right-click and open/open-with results in no files being loaded (nothing happens at all). These are all jpgs
    and I have 12gig of ram.

If I try to highlight more than one image in windows explorer and then right click and open/open-with, it opens photoshop but loads only the first image highlighted. I have photoshop as the default program for images.

Perhaps there is a registry setting I can adjust to increase the number of files that can be opened at once?

TimBusch, Apr 12, 2017
  3. change default image editor

It's not that I want Photoshop to Open all images, I just want it to Edit all images.

I open my folder & right click on an image & when I click on Edit I want Photoshop to edit, not Paint.

DianeMeyers, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Keeping Photoshop running all the time with no need for an open image

1. Keeping Photoshop running all the time with no need for an open image - Similar Threads - Keeping Photoshop running

2. Windows 11 and Photoshop image issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Photoshop image issues: Windows 11 was installed a few days ago and now I am having issues with my Adobe photoshop program and image files. When opening an image in photoshop, all the whites appear as tinted with yellow. Adobe has not been able to fix it and I have done all the fixes I found online....
  3. Windows 11 and Photoshop image issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and Photoshop image issues: Windows 11 was installed a few days ago and now I am having issues with my Adobe photoshop program and image files. When opening an image in photoshop, all the whites appear as tinted with yellow. Adobe has not been able to fix it and I have done all the fixes I found online....
  4. Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening NEF-files with Photoshop: I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 through Windows Store. I'm not able to associate NEF-files Nikon RAW files to the program. It do not show up on the list when I'm trying to select the program as default app to open the file type. Please help. Thanks Best regards...
  5. Microsoft Photos takes time to open images and sometimes doesn't open them at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos takes time to open images and sometimes doesn't open them at all.: My system: AMD 3900X on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi with 32gb of RAM. Various drives but the OS and all MS apps are on NVME drives. Windows Pro Version 2004 latest update 64 bit I have both tried "Reset" and "Repair" of the app via the "Advanced options" under the...
  6. I have photoshop on a different User. But when I go into photoshop to open a image it shows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have photoshop on a different User. But when I go into photoshop to open a image it shows...: So, when I installed the setup it asked for admin perm to change something in the drive. idk if that has anything to do w/ my problem And now, I try to open an image in photoshop it shows every file in Admin. I'd have to go through different files to find my user and to go...
  7. laptop fans running all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop fans running all the time: Hi it has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  8. BSOD error with running Photoshop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error with running Photoshop: I got BSOD error when trying to upload a photo from the cloud into Photoshop. It first freezes then my laptop restarts with blue screen and message driver powa state fail I am using the latest Windows 10 update, tried to reinstall device driver and Photoshop app. This issue...
  9. Fan runs all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan runs all the time: I have a new HP Pavilion 590 pc and the fan runs constantly. I'll have to take it back unless someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-runs-all-the-time/66b33ada-fbb0-4354-8bff-7a1fbdbe188c
  10. Cannot run Photoshop Elements

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot run Photoshop Elements: I cannot run Photoshop Elements 2018 that I’ve bought at the Windows Store. I receive the message that there isn’t enough Ram and I have to select the integer between 50-to 8. I tried regedit but I found the software and Adobe but not Photoshop window...