Windows 10: Keeping snippingtool snip ready

Discus and support Keeping snippingtool snip ready in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I miss the one-click snippingtool of Win7. In my attempt to reproduce that readiness-to-snip in Win10, I let a batch file launch snippingtool at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sebastian42, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Keeping snippingtool snip ready

I miss the one-click snippingtool of Win7. In my attempt to reproduce that readiness-to-snip in Win10, I let a batch file launch snippingtool at Windows boot, so that when I want to use it, I just click on NEW in the open snippingtool. That works brilliantly ONCE, because, once used, the snippingtool window closes. So Now I am on the hunt for a technique that will either KEEP snippingtool open, or automatically relaunch it after use.

:)

Sebastian42, Aug 17, 2016
  2. RupKumar1 Win User

I cannot locate Snipping Tool in Windows 10.

The most easiest way to open a snipping tool hit “Windows+R” and type “snippingtool” with enter you open

snipping tool in windows 10

RupKumar1, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 17, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Keeping snippingtool snip ready

You cannot change it in Windows 10. Just use CRTL+PrintScreen to turn on snip mode, ESC to turn off.

topgundcp, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
  6. Right-clicking for context menu and then selecting snippingtool and then clicking NEW, is 3 steps, instead of the one click on Snippingtool that Win7 allowed, and that I want to reproduce. In the context menu of the snippingtool icon in the open snippingtool window, there is a 'pin to desktop' option - which would satisfy me if that was pinned was the open window, but actually not even a shortcut gets pinned to the desktop - and even if it did, that is no better to me, because it would still take two clicks before capture area can be selected.

7. Private Win User
    Maybe you need to deal with Windows 10 on how to boot your batch file.

Private, Aug 17, 2016
  8. sml156 Win User

Create a Shortcut to it.

• Open search with the Windows key + S
    • Type or paste snipping into the search box
    • Right click on the snipping tool
    • Select Open file Location
    • When the file location opens right click on Snipping Tool shortcut
    • Select Properties
    • In properties change the Shortcut Key From none to Ctrl + Alt + S

You could also pin it to the taskbar

• Open the Start Menu
    • Scroll down to Windows Accessories and click on it
    • Right click on Snipping Tool
    • Select More
    • Select Pin to Taskbar

sml156, Aug 17, 2016
  9. Neither of those two methods achieve my aim of achieving the snip-readiness that Win7's snippingtool had - ONE click and capture was enabled. Running Win7's snippingtool in compatibility mode in Win10 does not seem to work - unless I'm doing something wrong.

10. sml156 Win User
    I just tried using the shortcut that I created for opening the snipping tool and after saving the snip it did not close it stays open

sml156, Aug 17, 2016
  11. sml156 Win User
    I just created a bat file
    Code: echo off snippingtool.exe[/quote] And it does not close after creating and saving a snip it stays open

sml156, Aug 17, 2016
  12. sml156 Win User
    How are you starting the bat file at boot, are you placing it in the Startup Folder if not place it here. Code: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp[/quote]

sml156, Aug 17, 2016
  13. Keeping snippingtool snip ready

[/quote] NO improvement - the window still closes after use, even with that bat in StartUp. But it's good to know that some or other still-to-be-discovered setting, makes my ideal possible.
    Could it be that your version of Win10 pro is earlier (or later ) than my 1511 ?

Sebastian42, Aug 18, 2016
  14. Apart from the fact that I need to discover why YOUR snippingtool stay open and mine does not; there is also the fact that the command-line window stays open, when I know it need not. So I need more code to close the command window, once snippingtool has been launched.
    And it does not close after creating and saving a snip it stays open[/quote]

Sebastian42, Aug 18, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    Snipping Tool can't be configured to "immediate".
    Use a 3rd party tool; I use Greenshot:

Downloads

Print Screen key and it's ready, automatic save locations and naming as well:

Keeping snippingtool snip ready [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Keeping snippingtool snip ready - Similar Threads - Keeping snippingtool snip

2. Snipping tool keeps opening automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool keeps opening automatically: Recently something weird is happening to my laptop.The snipping tool keeps opening automatically.I know the print screen button is a shortcut to the snipping tool app but i have checked my print screen button is working fine.The temporary solution is to disable print screen...
  3. Snipping tool keeps opening automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool keeps opening automatically: Recently something weird is happening to my laptop.The snipping tool keeps opening automatically.I know the print screen button is a shortcut to the snipping tool app but i have checked my print screen button is working fine.The temporary solution is to disable print screen...
  4. Snipping tool keep showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool keep showing up: I uninstall my snip and sketch bc it is buggy and keep appearing whenever i type something. But it still keep on appearing. How to completely disable or uninstall snip and sketch...
  5. Snipping tool keep showing up

Snipping tool keep showing up: I uninstall my snip and sketch bc it is buggy and keep appearing whenever i type something. But it still keep on appearing. How to completely disable or uninstall snip and sketch...
  6. Windows keeps going in "Windows getting ready"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows keeps going in "Windows getting ready": My laptop has been acting strange recently, Everytime I shut it down or a restart, it goes on "getting windows ready".it takes even hours for it to actually shutdown. I'm starting to get concerned.I think a malware is causing this.I've ran a virus scan using "360 Total...
  7. Ready or Not keeps crashing or freezing on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Ready or Not keeps crashing or freezing on PC: [ATTACH]Read or Not is arguably one of the most intense shooting games in the PC world. However, many gamers are not able to enjoy this intense feeling but not anymore, in this article, we are going to see what you need to do when Ready or Not keeps freezing or crashing on...
  8. How to keep snipping tool instead of Snip & Sketch?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to keep snipping tool instead of Snip & Sketch?: Hi! The program I primarily use at work Harmony Toon Boom v17.0.2 does not paste directly from windows+shift+S or the new Snip & Sketch tool, but snipping tool has no issue. Is it possible to avoid windows taking snipping tool away in future updates so that I can continue to...
  9. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard: I have my Snip & Sketch app configured to NOT automatically copy snips to the clipboard, but it keeps copying them automatically to the clipboard. I have rebooted the computer, but the issue persists. I would like this app to not automatically override my clipboard with new...
  10. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard: I have my Snip & Sketch app configured to NOT automatically copy snips to the clipboard, but it keeps copying them automatically to the clipboard. I have rebooted the computer, but the issue persists. I would like this app to not automatically override my clipboard with new...