Windows 10: Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection)

Discus and support Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Until last year-summer the Bluetooth connection was working perfectly: the headsets were connecting automatically, once the connection was activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amimandami, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection)

Until last year-summer the Bluetooth connection was working perfectly: the headsets were connecting automatically, once the connection was activated. If for some time there was no sound playing, the headsets were disconnecting automatically, then, when the sound was becoming active again, the headsets were connecting back automatically.

After the latest big update (now I run: 1709 build 16299.309) things have changed: indeed the headsets connect automatically once the Bluetooth is activated, but then if the sound doesn't play for less than 15 seconds the headsets disconnect and then they don't connect again automatically if I play any sound. Personally I truly don't understand how could someone imagine this to be a good idea. I guess the people who wrote the new versions of drivers are completely retarded; there is absolutely no other explanation (maybe someone else has another idea ?). It is very annoying because it defeats the purpose of having wireless headsets.

I know about the Toshiba stack, which runs well on Windows 10 x64 (if someone is interested) and I used it with an old good-quality Bluetooth dongle (but I have only one like this and I keep it for something else. I bought two others and they are completely rubbish, with a very short range).

So, what solutions are to fix these issues ? Any ideas on a good long range BT dongle ?
    Now, I run 60 seconds long silence sequence on a light player to keep this BT connection alive (and it works), but is there a way to have an automatic connection/disconnection of the BT, like in the "old-times" ?

:)

amimandami, Mar 26, 2018

2. Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Hi all,

I have a similar problem with my 6233 when connected to the Audi A4 hands free kit. It disconnects the bluetooth connection, but the GSM keeps alive, and after some seconds the Bluetooth gets connected again automatically.

Any idea?

mayn thanks

Thomas

tomri---01, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Bluetooth connections dropped intermittently to keyboard, mouse on N8

This problem continues to be unresolved and I'd like to keep the topic alive, in case there's a user who has a possible solution. . .

No matter how many Bluetooth devices are connected, with the exception of a the Jabra headset I use, the connectivity issues continue. It seems as though the Bluetooth connection with the N8 is very unstable.

Often, the device - either the mouse or the keyboard - will cease to function. However, the Bluetooth screen on the N8 continues to report the device is connected. If I manually disconnect, then attempt to reconnect, I will sometimes get a message that the
    N8 is "Unable to connect. Maximum number of Bluetooth connections already in use." Thjis can happen even when I've manually disconnected all devices and no active connections are showing.

I find I must then turn off Bluetooth. Wait a moment. Then I restart Bluetooth on the N8 and manually reconnect the devices (the phone permits reconnection, once Bluetooth has been turned off, then back on again).

I have tried deleting and re-connecting each device new, all over again.

Often, when I attempt to manually reconnect even recognized, authorized devices (after the N8 Bluetooth has been turned off, then on again), the N8 requires the device be re-authorized with its passcode.

Has anyone found a way to handle what appears to be a very fragile Bluetooth capability with the N8?

messinger---01, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection)

1. Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection) - Similar Threads - Keeping Bluetooth connection

2. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  3. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  4. USB HDD Keep Alive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB HDD Keep Alive: Hello everyone. I have a specific need. Before you say "do this instead" or get a Nas, I simply cannot afford any other options. I have a USB HDD attached to my router. My computer hosts a Plex Media server. That USB drive has it's own share drive in File Explorer. My only...
  5. Reconnecting with Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnecting with Bluetooth: Okay so this has been going on for a while now. It doesn't matter if it is my BT headset, game controller, speaker, mouse or keyboard. If i turn off said BT device when i turn it back on i have to go into BT settings on my computer, unpair the device, and then repair it....
  6. Bluetooth Mouse does not reconnect automatically

Bluetooth Mouse does not reconnect automatically: Hello everyone, I have a Logitech MX Master 3, currently connected to my Dell Latiutde 7480. Whenever I wake up the computer from a deep sleep or I turn off the mouse and turn it on again, it does not reconnect to my laptop unless i select the connect button in the action...
  7. Bluetooth mouse loses connection and won't reconnect

Bluetooth mouse loses connection and won't reconnect: Hi, just looking for some help with windows. I recently completed a bootcamp install of Windows 10 Education on my Macbook Pro 2016. The issue i am having is with my bluetooth mouse. The first time i started it up, it connected (after a bit of effort as i'm not used to...
  8. Automatic Connections to Bluetooth

Automatic Connections to Bluetooth: I recently paired my laptop with two of my Echo devices so that I could listen to the sound through them. However, now every time I turn on my laptop, it automatically connects with both of the Echo devices. Most of the time, I just want to hear the sound through the...
  9. How do I keep Bluetooth device from automatically reconnecting

How do I keep Bluetooth device from automatically reconnecting: I have a computer lab at the school I work at. This summer I bought several Broadcom BCM@0702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapters and a AIS01F Bluetooth receiver for the speakers. I plugged them in to the USB 3 ports at the back of the computers and updated the drivers once they...
  10. How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well

How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well: I've read the Windows 10 tutorial on battery saver, but it doesn't seem to address what I need to know. Neither do the various threads on same. I need to know if this particular "battery saver" will preserve my battery if I leave it plugged into the wall socket 90% of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth audio keepalive