Windows 10: Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10 How to Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10 In Windows 10, it is possible for you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by slicendice, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10

How to: Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10

How to Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10

In Windows 10, it is possible for you to change the size of caption buttons (minimize, maximize, close) to be smaller or larger.

Using larger caption buttons will also increase the height of title bars.

This tutorial will show you how to change the size of caption buttons and height of title bars for your account in Windows 10.

*note This will not affect the caption buttons for Store apps and any modern UI (ex: Settings).

*note If you have Sets enabled, then this will only change the height size of the title bar instead.

EXAMPLE: Default and larger size of caption buttons

Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

3. In the right pane of the WindowsMetrics key, double click/tap on the CaptionHeight string value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Enter a value between -120 (smaller) to -1500 (larger) for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note -330 is the default value.

The value uses the following formula: -15 x size you want in pixels.

For example: -15 x 22 = -330

5. When finished, close Registry Editor.

6. sign in to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

slicendice, Apr 4, 2018

2. Change Windows Caption Buttons like in Windows 7

Hey, I wanna change Windows 10 Caption Buttons to like in Windows 7.

I wanted to install Windows 7 back, but I thinked it again, because Windows 7 is outdated, so I keep Windows 10, but I don't like Windows 10 deafult caption buttons, so I want to install Windows 7 Caption Buttons, is there a way to?

Thanks.

Hungaryball, Oct 26, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Change Windows Caption Buttons like in Windows 7

Good morning, @Hungaryball ... If I'm understanding correctly, you'd like the look and feel of Win 7, like the title bar "X", min/max, icon size, etc. Give a look here at this app and see if it includes what you are looking for. Lots of options, don't go hog wild without backing up first. Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10 :)

Winaero Tweaker

f14tomcat, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Oct 26, 2019
  6. nt62 Win User
    Change Windows Caption Buttons like in Windows 7

Back to 10
    perhaps something like this

bollocks - had to bail on 17025
    primary desktop graphics program broken running 17025

Thema:

Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10

1. Change Size of Caption Buttons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Size Caption

2. Missing Live captions toggle button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Live captions toggle button: Hi! My problem is this: before I made a computer format, I was able to run live caption. Now, after installing windows 11 21H2, unfortunately, it does not show me the option to turn on live caption. How can I fix it?My spec:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  3. Missing Live captions toggle button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Live captions toggle button: Hi! My problem is this: before I made a computer format, I was able to run live caption. Now, after installing windows 11 21H2, unfortunately, it does not show me the option to turn on live caption. How can I fix it?My spec:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  4. is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?: I'm wondering if there's a way to increase the size of the caption that pops up at the bottom of images in OneDrive?Here's a screenshot that will show what I'm asking...
  5. is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to change the caption size on an image in onedrive?: I'm wondering if there's a way to increase the size of the caption that pops up at the bottom of images in OneDrive?Here's a screenshot that will show what I'm asking...
  6. How to change Closed Caption settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Closed Caption settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Closed Caption is a feature in Windows 10 that lets you read words spoken in the audio portion of a video, TV show, or movie. The Closed Caption in windows is excellent for people that are deaf, so instead of hearing, they can read the words on the screen. In Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Button change!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Button change!: [ATTACH] I search for a Theme where i can change for all Programms (inkluding Chrome...) the 3 Buttons on the top right corner. The minimize button, the Large button and the Close Button. they should be 3 dots like in macos but not left. so where do i find a theme like...
  8. Customize caption buttons minimize, restore, maximize buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize caption buttons minimize, restore, maximize buttons: Hi there, I'd like to change the look of the Windows 10 caption buttons Minimize, Restore, Close. Using themes, I was able to change the look for certain programs only Explorer, most 3rd party programs.... Other programs seem to user their own button design e.g. Spotify....
  9. Change Windows Caption Buttons like in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows Caption Buttons like in Windows 7: Hey, I wanna change Windows 10 Caption Buttons to like in Windows 7. I wanted to install Windows 7 back, but I thinked it again, because Windows 7 is outdated, so I keep Windows 10, but I don't like Windows 10 deafult caption buttons, so I want to install Windows 7 Caption...
  10. Change Closed Caption Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Closed Caption Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Closed Caption Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Closed Caption Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Closed captions let you read the words spoken in the audio portion of a video, TV show, or movie. This tutorial will show you how to customize...