Windows 10: Keeps defaulting to google home page

Discus and support Keeps defaulting to google home page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro set internet explorer 11 home page as a msn one but it keeps going to what looks like a google page?? of some type, I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wayneladouceur1, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Keeps defaulting to google home page

I have windows 10 pro set internet explorer 11 home page as a msn one but it keeps going to what looks like a google page?? of some type, I don't know why as chrome is on my computer but not scheduled to start up at computer login. Why is this happening and how can I correct it. By the way just purchased to Google Home minis but there are no instructions and details on how to set them up, format them if req and all other aspects in order for them to work--does anyone know about source for this that is explicit and uses layman terms?

:)

wayneladouceur1, Jul 15, 2018

2. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Keep in mind the default page for Firefox is Google search. Coincidence? I think not.

PVTCaboose1337, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Jul 15, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Keeps defaulting to google home page

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Keeps defaulting to google home page

1. Keeps defaulting to google home page - Similar Threads - Keeps defaulting google

2. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo: Hello .Can any one let me know how to setup url to open default on chrome startup and set home page to open same url using gpo I have applied the admx template and configured settingsEnable the item named Action on startup.Select the option to open a list of URLsAnd URLs to...
  3. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo: Hello .Can any one let me know how to setup url to open default on chrome startup and set home page to open same url using gpo I have applied the admx template and configured settingsEnable the item named Action on startup.Select the option to open a list of URLsAnd URLs to...
  4. Default web browser keeps opening new home pages in a new window or keep refreshing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Default web browser keeps opening new home pages in a new window or keep refreshing: Hi,I have windows 10 on my computer and it is up to date.For a few days now my computer has been randomly opening up the default web browser multiple times to my home page Google search. It opens multiple windows at once and automatically to the point that I can't do...
  5. Windows 10 ignores my default home page and opens Google

Windows 10 ignores my default home page and opens Google: I know how to set the Home Page, and I've had it set quite some time. But the last few days Windows 10 has opened at the Google search page several times. I haven't made any changes. I'd like to know how to fix this. When it opens on the Google search page, if I click on...
  6. Google page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google page: For a while now, when I open the Google page to search for something, it shifts upward, whites out then shifts back down again before I can type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-page/3d47df30-7edb-46c2-aa81-354b6ed7ecc4
  7. Page Default error keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page Default error keeps popping up: Hello all, I’d like to first start off this problem with a bit of a back story.. Just as of Thursday(the day before i write this) i installed the new version of Windows 1903. Which a very cool upgrade. The first time i tried updating i got a BSOD so i retried with...
  8. change default home page

change default home page: How do I set my default home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-home-page/db1f2a28-b067-436f-b75d-fc31362d9604
  9. Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

in Browsers and Email
    Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page: I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this has happened. If I go to edit on the weather app and change manually to my location and save it will change but if I close...
  10. Resetting google search page to default

in Browsers and Email
    Resetting google search page to default: How do I reset google search to default? URL currently displays Ukraine domain. I.e. “google.com.ua” (I am in the US) Steve 107373