Windows 10: Keeps restarting on first boot

Discus and support Keeps restarting on first boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It asks for wifi details, privacy settings, says "Just a moment" then restarts. Then again, and again. Any idea, folks? 7466 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muranyia, Jun 26, 2015.

1. muranyia Win User

Keeps restarting on first boot

It asks for wifi details, privacy settings, says "Just a moment" then restarts. Then again, and again. Any idea, folks?

:)

muranyia, Jun 26, 2015
  2. DA_Nie11 Win User

Cannot Install/Boot Windows 10 64bit on new Custom build.

I'm building a pc for my brother
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vpnthM
    (my 2nd time building a pc), and I can't get windows to start downloading. It just shows the windows logo, then keeps restarting, showing the gigabyte logo, sometimes saying "press any button to boot cd", I press a button,
    and it keeps looping through.

I tried booting from a usb, but It does the exact same thing. It keeps showing the first windows logo, but keeps restarting.

can anyone help me please?

edit, got it working, had to install 8.1 first

DA_Nie11, Jun 26, 2015
  3. windows 10 just keep restarting with driver irql not less or equal !!!

window cant start ...its just keep restarting with driver irql not less or equal !!

and then restarts again...

its windows 10 ...it was coming as messages at first but after the restart it

ws working again...

but now it stopped booting to windows because of this message !!!!

i hope answer soin guys !!!!

SalahMostafa, Jun 26, 2015
  4. Keeps restarting on first boot

Try a hard shutdown - press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.

Wait a few minutes, then start the machine.

It might get past the point where it keeps restarting. It might simply be a driver issue and Windows keeps trying to 'fix' it.

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2015
  5. muranyia Win User
    Thanks @Slartybart, i did that, i have also also disconnected every usb device except for the mouse, still no dice.

muranyia, Jun 26, 2015
  6. Drat ... I was hoping it would be an easy workaround.

Did you upgrade an existing OS, install Win 10 to a separate partition (multi-boot), or clean install to as your main OS?

You might try booting to your install media (if you have install media) and run through the repair / troubleshooting options.

See OPTION FIVE in Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You can 'force' Windows into recovery mode by shutting down hard three (3) times - then you can get to the troubleshooter.

Slartybart, Jun 27, 2015
  7. muranyia Win User
    Yes! "Reset this computer" did the job.
    Thank you so much.

muranyia, Jun 29, 2015
  8. Keeps restarting on first boot

You're welcome,

Glad to hear that the issue got sorted.

Slartybart, Jul 1, 2015
  9. I had this same exact issue. I was about to throw my pc in frustration when I thought, " Let me disconnect the wifi." As soon as I did, it went though to the next part of setup.

bryanaugustus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keeps restarting on first boot

1. Keeps restarting on first boot - Similar Threads - Keeps restarting boot

2. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  3. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  4. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  5. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing after first boot: So for about the last two months after booting my computer for the first time, within the first 15 mins it starts to stutter or freeze before rebooting itself. The screen used to just go to black before restarting without the blue screen or an error message but more recently...
  6. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

Computer keeps crashing after first boot: So for about the last two months after booting my computer for the first time, within the first 15 mins it starts to stutter or freeze before rebooting itself. The screen used to just go to black before restarting without the blue screen or an error message but more recently...
  7. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try, But will Boot When Restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try, But will Boot When Restarted: Every time I try to boot up my Dell LapTop it will not boot on the first attempt. It gets stuck at the windows 10 boot screen with the hard drive light on solid > indefinitely. This started about 4 months ago, after an update . . . If I press and hold the the On/Off...
  9. First boot fails to boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    First boot fails to boot up: I had this issue since day one. I figure I am in the right place and ask for the right answers. Pretty much every first boot after it being powered off for a while, it stays stuck on the splash screen. I would force a power off and restart it and it goes through with no...
  10. First boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    First boot issues: If I start my PC I some get either one of these error messages straight after post - "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum" or "BTmanager corrupt or missing" I then reset my pc and it boots windows fine with no issues....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restarted while booting pc for first time