Windows 10: Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

Discus and support Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; “Check with your operating system vendor or system manufacturer and apply any available updates as soon as they are available. Following good security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

“Check with your operating system vendor or system manufacturer and apply any available updates as soon as they are available. Following good security practices that protect against malware in general will also help protect against possible exploitation until updates can be applied.”

Does this mean the windows updates or are they also implying people go a step further and apply BIOS updates to their motherboards too? I don’t think the average user is going to go anywhere near a BIOS update. I’ve seen a few systems hosed because of attempted BIOS updates. Hopefully it’ll just be the pushed windows updates that need to be applied.

Scottyboy99, Jan 2, 2018
  2. PaulGo Win User
    PaulGo, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Superfly Win User
    It can't be fixed with a firmware upgrade - the bug is in SMBIOS which is software related.

Superfly, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

Thanks for the article, guys. So many different facts. Guess we'll have to wait to see the truth of it all if ever. Since Enron, bailing out Wall St banks, and the Bernie Madoff incidences to name a few, I don't trust any of them, although I'd like to. Perhaps Krzanich bought AMD stock. *chuckle

This is all a wait-and-see game at this point. Hopefully not since it's at kernel level.

Tony K, Jan 3, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    It is funny on other forums seeing mass hysteria about the possible 30% drop in
    performance due to new updated expected to fix intel bug.

It shows how little the mass media understands about factors that affect performance.

Never let a good story get in way of the truth - lol.

cereberus, Jan 3, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    I meant truth get in way of a good story - lol

cereberus, Jan 3, 2018
  7. Superfly Win User
    ...and that's the point... ever wondered why AV's are so deeply rooted?

Superfly, Jan 3, 2018
  8. Hewjr100 Win User

Hewjr100, Jan 3, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. Hewjr100 Win User
    Thanks Brink.

Henry

Hewjr100, Jan 3, 2018
  11. pparks1 Win User
    Well, for a company that utilizes AWS quite heavily, where context switching at the hypervisor level is the name of the game, the impact of this software update is going to be huge. I know we have been discussing this bug at length over the past day here at the office.

For a gamer, worried about benchmarks, probably won't feel this bug caused any noticeable change.

Everything depends upon the workload.

pparks1, Jan 3, 2018
  12. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Polo6RGTI, Jan 3, 2018
  13. squaleca Win User

no updates still stuck on .125

squaleca, Jan 3, 2018
  14. squaleca Win User
    ha ha check out intel's website their trying to say its not an issue and say that other manufacturers are the ones who have the security concerns

squaleca, Jan 3, 2018
  15. squaleca Win User
    im going to run before and after patch benchmarks see what happens

squaleca, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw - Similar Threads - Kernel memory leaking

2. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Old kernel and memory leaks.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old kernel and memory leaks.: Hi,Lately, my pc has been having a lot of memory leaks, and many other bugs. I'm tired of constant problems that Microsoft refuses to fix. I've heard that Windows has been using the same NT kernel since 1993. Why? Why not just upgrade it, or even use something like the Linux...
  5. Memory Leak

Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  6. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  7. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  8. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  9. is this memory leak?

is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  10. High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver: Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver,...