Windows 10: Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

Discus and support Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; _qZksorJAuY Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 2, 2018.

1. essenbe Win User

Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

[youtube]_qZksorJAuY[/youtube]

essenbe, Jan 3, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Windows Meltdown-Spectre patches: If you haven't got them, blame your antivirus

Windows Meltdown-Spectre patches: If you haven't got them, blame your antivirus | ZDNet

Borg 386, Jan 3, 2018
  3. pzhndal Win User
    somewhat nonsense. there are people on windows defender who haven't got it. there are people who's on patched a/v with the registry entry they stated in the bulletin who haven't got it.

but yes, some a/v aren't compatible yet.

pzhndal, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

But the cumulative update has killed AI Suite3 *Sad
    I have applied the new BIOS update, still didn't help.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled, no dice.
    I have even tried just installing only the individual parts(there are three in total)... no joy either.
    AI Suite is trashed, just like MSI's Command Center was after the spring Creators update, causing anything to do with RAM not to show or work.

It's the server that has been killed in AI Suite though, so not a thing will work.
    I'm starting to think Microsoft doesn't like it when Motherboard vendors software can talk to BIOS.
    What's next on the4ir list, Video card software?

Cliff S, Jan 3, 2018
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Oh crap, I just started "pondering" again(nothing good ever comes from that*Sad).

What about all those IoT, and smart devices that have a CPU?*Eek

Hack-a-geddon!*Devil

I mean a smart fridge?
    Those hackers will look at it's database, and know how much beer is in it, right?*Tongue Out

Cliff S, Jan 3, 2018
  6. johngalt Win User
    I mentioned IoT and other aspects (namely cloud computing) as being the biggest targets.

johngalt, Jan 3, 2018
  7. pzhndal Win User
    unless you got your credit card details in there to make it easier for beer autobuy.

pzhndal, Jan 3, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 3, 2018
  9. Grom0X Win User
  10. Faith Win User
    Faith, Jan 3, 2018
  11. essenbe Win User
    Windows Update has never sent out BIOS updates. They are always handled by your Board Manufacturer or computer manufacturer. This is nothing new.

essenbe, Jan 3, 2018
  12. Microsoft said that they're pushing out firmware updates for their Surface products, so apparently it's not enough.

Ground Sloth, Jan 3, 2018
  13. pzhndal Win User

i think you need os fixes for meltdown, microcode/bios/application patches for spectre

pzhndal, Jan 3, 2018
  14. Does the Windows 10 patch do anything at all to mitigate the Spectre vulnerability?

Ground Sloth, Jan 3, 2018
  15. Faith Win User
    Who said anything about BIOS updates? I'm talking about intel driver updates, which WU is more than capable of delivering. And if BIOS updates are needed aswell then a large amount of users will have their PC's vulnerable.

Faith, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw - Similar Threads - Kernel memory leaking

2. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Old kernel and memory leaks.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old kernel and memory leaks.: Hi,Lately, my pc has been having a lot of memory leaks, and many other bugs. I'm tired of constant problems that Microsoft refuses to fix. I've heard that Windows has been using the same NT kernel since 1993. Why? Why not just upgrade it, or even use something like the Linux...
  5. Memory Leak

Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  6. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  7. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  8. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  9. is this memory leak?

is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  10. High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver: Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver,...