Windows 10: Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

Discus and support Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I believe BIOS updates are required. If it was a simple driver update, no one would have been particularly concerned about this whole fiasco. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 2, 2018.

1. essenbe Win User

Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw

I believe BIOS updates are required. If it was a simple driver update, no one would have been particularly concerned about this whole fiasco. We have driver updates all the time.

essenbe, Jan 4, 2018
  2. FerchogtX Win User

Ok... so, what it started to be an Intel exclusive flaw, now it's AMD and ARM too?
    I don't know why, but this feels really fishy, more if now they are blaming AV software if you can't get the update...

I don't know what to believe now...

FerchogtX, Jan 4, 2018
  3. OilerNut Win User
    It's because the update to fix the issue via software can break AV software as it changes the kernel.

OilerNut, Jan 4, 2018
  4. FerchogtX Win User

That means we need to update the AV software prior to this?

FerchogtX, Jan 4, 2018
  5. OilerNut Win User
    Maybe, maybe not.

OilerNut, Jan 4, 2018
  6. Tony K Win User
    Wow. Very well put together for information to at least get some understanding, John. Yes, it does get technical fast. Like trying to understand quantum physics. *Confused

And I see you were up late to put it together. Thanks for your effort. *Smile

Tony K, Jan 4, 2018
  7. dwarfer66 Win User
    According to the intel detection tool, my ivy bridge i5-3550 is fine.

dwarfer66, Jan 4, 2018
  8. Polo6RGTI Win User

Polo6RGTI, Jan 4, 2018
  9. Geneo Win User
    What "Intel drivers" would those be?

Geneo, Jan 4, 2018
  10. Geneo Win User
    Geneo, Jan 4, 2018
  11. I wonder if this mess will lead to Intel resurrecting the IA-64 architecture.

Ground Sloth, Jan 4, 2018
  12. matfx Win User
    Asus have released new bios update, for my motherboard H110M-D.

Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw [​IMG]

matfx, Jan 4, 2018
  13. lx07 Win User

Of course not - we'll all be running POWER 9

Enough of these low power cheap as chips, er, chips. Lets have some decent 350MW ones!

14. Faith Win User
    I mean the chipset and ME driver primarily, if they are vulnerable that is. But it doesn't matter because I contacted both Intel and MSI this morning and both told me that a "microcode" update is required to be "fully" secured, so a BIOS update is indeed needed on top of the KB update from Microsoft. This creates a very concerned future because updating the BIOS aren't something normal PC users do often, or at all. I can also see that not even half of the PC's I use have gotten a BIOS update through the board manufacturer. And OEM's that's more than 5 years old probably won't even get a BIOS update.

Faith, Jan 4, 2018
  15. What if a user doesn’t update their BIOS. Most wouldn’t I’d imagine. I mean most of my family no nothing of a BIOS and trust windows update. I’d wager this goes for majority of windows users

intel and MS needs a better solution than relying on people to update a BIOS ontop of windows update

Scottyboy99, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel memory leaking Intel processor design flaw - Similar Threads - Kernel memory leaking

2. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Old kernel and memory leaks.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old kernel and memory leaks.: Hi,Lately, my pc has been having a lot of memory leaks, and many other bugs. I'm tired of constant problems that Microsoft refuses to fix. I've heard that Windows has been using the same NT kernel since 1993. Why? Why not just upgrade it, or even use something like the Linux...
  5. Memory Leak

Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  6. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  7. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  8. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  9. is this memory leak?

is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  10. High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver: Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver,...