Windows 10: Kernel Power Event ID 41 when just browsing the internet

Discus and support Kernel Power Event ID 41 when just browsing the internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I'm not sure if this is the right section as not getting a BSOD but my computer locks up randomly when doing nothing basically, all i'm doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raizle, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Raizle Win User

Kernel Power Event ID 41 when just browsing the internet

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right section as not getting a BSOD but my computer locks up randomly when doing nothing basically, all i'm doing is browsing the internet. I have to press the power the button to shut my computer down then switch it on again.

When i look in event viewer, it's always this Kernel Power error. It's been happening for a few months since i got this computer, it's a barebones system and all i put in it was the OCZ ssd, hard drive and graphics card. You can see my specs in my profile.

Please help.

:)

Raizle, Aug 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 restarts unexpectedly after Fall Creators Update

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was
    not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Kernel power event ID 41 error is sometimes caused by an outdated drivers. To fix it, make sure that you have the latest drivers installed. Having said that, we suggest that you visit the Hewlett Packard's support site to get its the latest driver. Have
    it installed and observed if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 crashes after restart, but not after a shutdown

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. Kindly visit this
    link for more information regarding
    Windows Kernel event ID 41 error.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Bushido Win User

Kernen Power error is cause of the forced restart by pressing the power button . Its not the cause its the aftereffect.
    Unfortunately i cant help you more cause i have kinda same issue unsolved for months.
    You should check this
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    first though cause it explains how to upload a error log file.
    Good Luck

Bushido, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Raizle Win User
    Ok, thanks. I've edited my post with the log file.

It's even more strange then because in event viewer there's no other errors when my computer locks up.

Raizle, Aug 20, 2016
  6. Bushido Win User
    I think you look at the critical page of event viewer. Try this
    Event viewer , top left custom views > administrative events

Bushido, Aug 20, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi Raizle,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

I cannot find much interesting in the zip, so I would want to ask you to boot into safe mode to see if the problem there also occurs. If it also occurs within safe mode then you have most likely a hardware problem. We could then continue to find out what piece of hardware is causing your issue *Smile

In case the problem doesn't occur in safe mode, it does NOT mean that the problem is not hardware related.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Kernel Power Event ID 41 when just browsing the internet - Similar Threads - Kernel Power Event

2. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power - Event ID 41: Hi, I have been getting Kernel Power 41 error since December 2023 and for the past few months, I have tried a lot of things to fix it and just came across this question from this link "May I know how to solve a kernel power 41 error as my computer keeps crashing due to this...
  3. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power - Event ID 41: Hi, I have been getting Kernel Power 41 error since December 2023 and for the past few months, I have tried a lot of things to fix it and just came across this question from this link "May I know how to solve a kernel power 41 error as my computer keeps crashing due to this...
  4. Kernel Power Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power Event ID 41: Trying to figure out why my PC keeps shutting off. Here are the logs of this error:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 9 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated...
  5. kernel power id event 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel power id event 41: Hi, when I turned on my computer, there was a blue screen and the computer eventually shut down. After checking the event viewer, I found out that there were 25 other kernel power events that occurred. I use my computer very often but it has never suddenly crashed. I am...
  6. Kernel Power Event ID: 41

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kernel Power Event ID: 41: This error is associated with the crash of my Windows system at start up. Its description is: The system has rebooted without cleanlyshutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stoppedresponding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. The catch is that...
  7. Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

Event ID 41 Kernel-Power: I've had a few occasions lately where my computer is on but crashes/turns itself off and I've no idea why or how to look at fixing the issue. Where do I start? Event Manager says Event ID 41 Kernel-Power...
  8. Kernel-Power Event ID 41

Kernel-Power Event ID 41: My system from time to time will crash on me with the blue screen of death showing Kernel-Power as the error code Last night at 1:30 AM the system crashed but this time a Dell Screen came on and said it could not find a hard drive. I was able to shut it down by clicking the...
  9. Kernel-power event id 41

Kernel-power event id 41: Every day i have a problem with my Acer aspire A315 randomly freezing and restarting, when i've looked at the event log this is what it shows Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/12/2018 10:06:42 Event ID: 41 Task...
  10. Kernel-Power Event id 41

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernel-Power Event id 41: Hi guys for the past few days sometimes my computer starts to freeze for a sec and i cant move my mouse around and it will restarts by it self. when i go check my Events logs for my pc this comes up Kernel-Power Event id 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting...