Windows 10: Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10

Discus and support Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello to all, i'm new of windows 10 but on windows 8.1 i have always used on my PC (not laptop) the hibernate function. Now if i close my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mattiadj, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mattiadj Win User

Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10

Hello to all,
    i'm new of windows 10 but on windows 8.1 i have always used on my PC (not laptop) the hibernate function.

Now if i close my desktop PC with hibernating it when i switch it on, the pc switch off completely it self when window starts to boot! Then i have to press the power button again to switch it on but windows starts as after a complete shutdown.

How can i fix it? What's the problem?

My dump is attached.

Thanks

:)

mattiadj, Oct 1, 2015
  2. jannies Win User

Hibennate result in having to start up twice and Critical Event 41 Kernel-power

Using windows 10 and since a week I noticed that after a restart from shutdown or hibernate the system stops after 6 seconds. I then have to start again and this works fine.

In the event log this result in Critical Event 41, Kernel-power: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"

So this occures after a normal power down and Hibernate.

After turning Fastboot off, the normal shutdown works. However Hibernate still doesn't.

I have 2 questions:

• How to get hibernate working again
    • How to get fastboot working again

Thanks

jannies, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Computer does not Start after Updating to Fall Creators Update.

Only after 2 hours the notebook hibernate. The time to hibernate configured to 25 minutes is not being considerated by Windows 10

Andre_Melo_Medeiros, Oct 1, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi mattiadj,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Kernel-Power problem after hibernation -  Windows 10 [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

axe0, Oct 1, 2015
  5. mattiadj Win User
    Thanks.
    I have unistalled it and SPTD box is gray but the problem persists.

mattiadj, Oct 1, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

To note, all the recent dumps were blaming the sptd driver.

axe0, Oct 1, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please locate the sptd2.sys file, it should be located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\.When you find it, right click the file > properties, go to the tab details, make a screenshot of the details and post it.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd2.sys[/quote]

axe0, Oct 1, 2015
  8. mattiadj Win User

Here the screen
    Attachment 40636

mattiadj, Oct 1, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    I expected it, but needed to be sure because there are many variants of the SCSI Pass Through Direct driver.
    Please move this file to another partition/folder and see if the problem still occurs.
    If it doesn't, you can safely delete it.

axe0, Oct 1, 2015
  10. mattiadj Win User
    Woow! finally fixed!!
    I have installed again daemon tools and no problem at all! but...why i had this file??

Thanks!

mattiadj, Oct 1, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    It is installed with a few programs, like the programs Daemon, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro (as mentioned earlier), but you should be able to choose to not install it.

Thema:

1. Kernel-Power problem after hibernation - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Kernel Power problem

2. Power Switch, hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Switch, hibernate problem: Microsoft Support 111221 Power Switch, hibernate problem Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and have some unusual problems with my Power Switch, and hibernate/sleep. I tried going thru shut down and start up several times, and documenting...
  3. Power Switch, hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Switch, hibernate problem: Microsoft Support 111221 Power Switch, hibernate problem Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and have some unusual problems with my Power Switch, and hibernate/sleep. I tried going thru shut down and start up several times, and documenting...
  4. Power Switch, hibernate problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Problem: : System : Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power : 11/7/2020 10:31:06 : 41 : 63 : : 70368744177664,2 : SYSTEM : DESKTOP-T1R4DSK : Xml: <Event...
  6. Kernel-Power Errors After Refreshing Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power Errors After Refreshing Windows 10: Stats of the System AMD Ryzen 3900x ASUS ROG STRIX X-570-E GAMING BIOS Updated to 1408 EVGA RTX 2080 Super 445.98 32GB G.SKILL RAM Everything was bought around March of 2020, except for the GPU which was bought in November of 2019. I've been getting Blue Screens...
  7. Windows update causing power problem in hibernate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causing power problem in hibernate: I have a Lenovo Y70-70 that's been running Windows 10 for a few years. Most of the time hibernate works properly (and it's definitely hibernate, not sleep). However, if Windows downloads an update and I delay the restart required, it causes problems during hibernate. About 10...
  8. Kernel-Power problem

Kernel-Power problem: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2019-03-02T02:47:42.135022200Z EventRecordID 5882 Correlation -...
  9. Kernel-Power 41 problem

Kernel-Power 41 problem: Hello, for the past week, everytime I leave my pc on idle and come back I see that it was restarted, at first I didn't give it attention but yesterday I decided format it and the problem remained. I've done some research and found on the event viewer that I had a critical...
  10. BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue?

BSOD - Windows 10 - "kernel power" - sleep/hibernate issue?: Hi Last month i bought a new laptop for my girlfriend, a Lenovo Flex 2, 14" full hd touchscreen, i3 haswell 4030. It was a bargain because it was the last available (can't go back to the store and ask a new one, only a refund). At first boot (in W8.1) the laptop already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 kernel-power 41 hibernate