Windows 10: Kernel security check error on brand new machine

Discus and support Kernel security check error on brand new machine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings and Merry Christmas. I have a 3 day out of the box, Asus Zenbook pro that is giving me fits. I am getting the BSOD fairly regularly. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scottbg1, Dec 25, 2015.

1. scottbg1 Win User

Kernel security check error on brand new machine

Greetings and Merry Christmas.
    I have a 3 day out of the box, Asus Zenbook pro that is giving me fits.
    I am getting the BSOD fairly regularly.
    I have scoured the internet trying to find a solution.
    From the suggestions I have found so far, I have updated both display drivers from the manufacturers website, the WIFI driver, as well as the BIOS. Everything else was up to date. I have done a hard reset, and chose to have the drive wiped during the install.
    I have installed, and uninstalled the few apps that I have had time to put on here, but after only 3 days, I don't think I have given myself time to narrow down if it is a software conflict.
    My last resort is to trouble you fine folks and see if you can shed some light.
    If not, this machine will go back in the box monday and returned for a refund.
    I hate doing it because this really is a slick machine. Very, very fast, and a nice design.

Thanks in advance for any attention given to this.

:)

scottbg1, Dec 25, 2015
  2. dougmckoy Win User

Kernel security check failure BSOD, when I open Photoshop CC

brand new computer with windows 10 pre-installed

every time I open Photoshop CC...

BSOD

why?

OP - Kernel security check failure

dougmckoy, Dec 25, 2015
  3. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR

Hi Hemant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you able to log in to the computer?
    If you are unable to boot the computer, I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove any ASUS software installed.

Avast drivers have been flagged a lot.
    Please remove Avast while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative.
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys[/quote]

Kernel security check error on brand new machine [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Kernel security check error on brand new machine [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Let me know how it goes *Smile

5. scottbg1 Win User
    I had already uninstalled all ASUS apps, accept the 'Smart Gesture' app. I used that regularly, but it is now gone.
    Avast is gone, following the instructions you posted to the letter.
    Both SFC scans showed no errors.

scottbg1, Dec 25, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Good *Smile

Let me know how it goes.

7. scottbg1 Win User
    If in fact this has cured the problem by removing Avast, can you explain why?
    The reason why I ask is because I have used Avast on every computer I've ever laid my hands in the past and this is the first time I have had an issue.
    I am assuming my issue is because of just the right mix of different hardware and their drivers in this new machine?

With your blessing I will run only Windows Defender for a couple of days to make sure Avast was the culprit.
    After that I guess I will be AV shopping. Can you recommend one? I had always liked Avast because it wasn't a resource hog like the other pay AV's. Though I think it was starting to put on a little weight the last couple of years. *Smile

Thank you for your help. I will of course let you know if I have anymore problems. If, in a couple of days I don't I will surely mark this thread as 'solved'.

scottbg1, Dec 25, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Unfortunately the 0x139(kernel_security_check_error) error is one of the many I can't explain technically and in plain english, because I don't understand what happens. I can't figure out what happens due to my very limited knowledge and experience in how Windows works.
    There are some where I can, but not many.

There are many good onces, I personally like Bitdefender because I haven't been able to get infected with it although I have tried it very hard with methods that are known for 100% to cause an infection.
    However I don't upgrade my system to Windows 10, because I expect that many things just aren't (fully) compatible.
    My opinion is that one should find out him/herself what he/she find the best, but what I find a very useful guide for choosing is this thread by @Cliff S
    AV Comparatives AV Test Links

9. scottbg1 Win User
    Axe,
    I have enjoyed the whole day without issues. I went ahead and installed a few apps that I use on a regular basis.
    I already had a video editor installed, i finished adding a picture and audio editor that I use.
    I even produced and rendered a 4k video today. I thought for sure that if it were to croak, it would be then but it spit out the produced video effortlessly. The machine has been running non stop for the last 6 hours with no trouble.

I took a break and I shut down the lap top. It has been down about an hour. I just sat down to turn it back on and during boot it experienced a blue screen with the same Kernel Security Check Error.

Anymore suggestions?

scottbg1, Dec 26, 2015
  10. scottbg1 Win User
    Btw.....
    I ran another SFC scan.
    It didn't find anything.

scottbg1, Dec 26, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Run the dm log collector again and upload a new zip
    I can't analyse anything until the 29th, that is the day I come home, but I don't know when I am home so you may expect an analyse the 30th.

12. scottbg1 Win User
    FYI, I had not had another error after I posted my last message until this morning when I booted up.
    I again got the same Error message (Kernel Security CHeck Error) but this time the screen was yellow.
    So the last 2 have been during boot. Before uninstalling Avast I was getting them at random times.Attachment 55628
    I don't know if it makes a difference but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Roger on the not being able to analyze for a couple of days. I will wait patiently. Meanwhile if I have anymore errors, I will mention them here as a log until I hear from you.

Thanks again.

scottbg1, Dec 26, 2015
  13. scottbg1 Win User

Hmm...I attached the file but I don't see it.
    Heres another attempt just in case.

scottbg1, Dec 26, 2015
  14. lsvet1 Win User
    Are you using 361.43 version of nVidia driver ? If that is correct, rollback to 359.06 version and report back.

lsvet1, Dec 26, 2015
  15. scottbg1 Win User
    I am indeed using that driver.
    I will rollback and post the outcome.

Thanks!

scottbg1, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Kernel security check error on brand new machine - Similar Threads - Kernel security check

2. kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel security check failure: steampubg050323-8859-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-failure-%E8%93%9D%E5%B1%8F/43bcb762-db72-4e96-8d37-6d7cc49614f4
  3. kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel security check failure: so I cant really use my pc, it kinda crashes 30 minutes after booting and i cant really do anything, not hardware related as i got a ssd and it was fine just on my drive with all my data, please tell me if its a virus because i need to know....
  4. Kernel Security Check Failure

Kernel Security Check Failure: What does this mean and how to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-failure/1f62dae0-5b18-4366-8021-e42defc3da59
  5. Kernel Security check error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Security check error: I am frustrated with this BSOD error: Kernel Security check error. This error appears anytime. It forces to restart the PC. I am working on win 8.1 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-error/38b3ccc0-4c53-4c34-b128-aab7e2664160
  6. Kernel Security check error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Security check error: I am frustrated with this BSOD error: Kernel Security check error. This error appears anytime. It forces to restart the PC. I am working on win 8.1 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-error/38b3ccc0-4c53-4c34-b128-aab7e2664160
  7. Kernel Security Check Failure after new monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel Security Check Failure after new monitor: Hello. So, my PC was working fine, but I just got a new monitor, and every time I try to boot CS:GO, I get the BSoD. Any tips? I am at a complete loss here. submitted by /u/AGayThatLikesOwls [link] [comments]...
  8. BSOD with this error almost brand new machine

BSOD with this error almost brand new machine: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  9. Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD on New Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD on New Build: Just built a super budget gaming PC, and I'm having occasional "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE" blue screen of death errors. Interestingly, it hasn't ever happened while gaming, but seems to happen when things like Chrome and Spotify are running. Only really played The Sims 4...
  10. Changed all hadware brand new BSOD "Kernel Security Check Failure" error

Changed all hadware brand new BSOD "Kernel Security Check Failure" error: I've recently been fighting this bsod since october! but cannot win... Help!! I custom built everything on the pc and checked bios and did all system updates, removed antivirus memory checks new mobo, new psu new gpu. only thing i didnt replace yet is the cpu whic i got ryzen...