Windows 10: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR cause by volmgrx.sys & kbdclass.sys

Discus and support KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR cause by volmgrx.sys & kbdclass.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc have for some time had a problem with occasional bsod's, but most times it fails to create a minidump, but i have 2. I tried most of the things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mads672g, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Mads672g Win User

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR cause by volmgrx.sys & kbdclass.sys

My pc have for some time had a problem with occasional bsod's, but most times it fails to create a minidump, but i have 2.
    I tried most of the things i could find on other forums, but it haven't fixed the problem.
    Hopefully with a bit of help i can get it fixed *Smile

Thank you in advance.

:)

Mads672g, Jun 14, 2016
  2. Fly13oy Win User

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe critical_process_died and volmgrx.sys kernel_data_inpage_error

I just got another BSOD after renaming that driver to .bak. The error was the same as the first time: volmgrx.sys kernel_data_inpage_error. It did not create a dmp file after automatic reboot. And now it is saying I don't have internet access, even though
    the only thing i changed was the wireless drivers.

Fly13oy, Jun 14, 2016
  3. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe critical_process_died and volmgrx.sys kernel_data_inpage_error

It is Related to virtual device driver from Corsair Components, Inc. I would remove it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 14, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jun 14, 2016
  5. Mads672g Win User
    Mads672g, Jun 18, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing useful in the dump unfortunately. Please re-run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file here. I would like to see the dates on the Broadcom WiFi driver files.

Also, give Driver Verifier a try:

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jun 18, 2016
  7. Mads672g Win User
    The driver verifier hasn't caused a bsod yet, but here is the log.

Mads672g, Jun 19, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Looking at the previous dumps again, I see two with

Code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a) The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error.[/quote] It would be a good idea to test your hard drive by running chkdsk then the manufactures HD diagnostic.

How to Run CHKDSK in Windows 10 - WindowsInstructed

Hard Drive:

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

7 Free Hard Drive Testing Programs
    Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
    Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Ztruker, Jun 19, 2016
  9. Mads672g Win User
    I am now 99% sure that it is the harddrive causing the bsod's.
    I enabled th edriver verifier and restarted my pc. It then sat there for 3 hours stuck on this screen http://goo.gl/kIgNqE.
    I then shut it off and turned it on again. It ran like normal, and i didn't feel the slugish performance i was expecting from the driver verifier.

It then sat for 8 hours without anything happening, so i turned it off for the night. I tried to turn it on today, but it was stuck on the loading screen again. i tried to roll back the system, but it couldn't find the back up i had made, and changing the lauch options didn't work either.

The only option left was to make a fresh install of windows, which rolled me back to windows 7
    I got a bsod an hour after the fresh install.
    I am currently downloading windows 10, and have just had 3 bsod's while trying to write this message as my pc crashed 5 min after i turned it on.
    the only "solution" solution i have found was to take the harddrive out of my laptop and have it lying on my desk still connected, which leads me to believe that the heat inside the laptop was what caused it to fail.
    I guess ill have to get a new harddrive then *Sad unless you have any other idea.

Anyway thank you for your help

Mads672g, Jun 20, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Check the laptop for any obstructions and make sure it's as clean as you can get it. Blow out vents with a can of compressed air.

If you do get a new hard drive, consider a SSD. The performance difference is amazing.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR cause by volmgrx.sys & kbdclass.sys - Similar Threads - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR cause volmgrx

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  6. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  7. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  8. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  9. dxgmms2.sys

dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  10. Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys

Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys: I have been battling this problem for a while now We have a department that use Soundtap to record their phonecalls on their PC where they use a softphone. Just recently we have had two different PCs, both using Soundtap, getting Bluescreens several times a day. This...