Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR - Often when plugging USB in/out

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR - Often when plugging USB in/out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my less than year old system has been randomly getting these messages. It's happened when: - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Catch22, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Catch22 Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR - Often when plugging USB in/out

So after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my less than year old system has been randomly getting these messages.

It's happened when:
    - I was messing with the location of some of my USB devices in the back while the computer was on
    - I can always get it to happen when I'm watching Youtube and I turn the video quality onto HD settings (1080p, 720 etc)... my computer freezes, crashes, and that pops up.. strange right?
    - Gaming. The first 10 months of me owning this system it has never crashed while playing games, now after the update its pretty constant
    - A new one today, when downloading something. I start the download, 2 minutes in it crashes. Start the download again, same thing.

My graphics card drivers, and all my drivers, are fully updated to my knowledge. I went through and checked in device manager.

I'm worried and I don't really know what to do. Any information you need is yours!

Thanks!

EDIT: I notice its happens every time I unplug the USB wireless adapter from the computer. It is a TL-WN722N by TP-LINK and I just read that it's not yet supported for Windows 10 - so I cant install their drivers from the disk. Could that be the culprit?

:)

Catch22, Oct 14, 2015

2. USB power surge notification when plugging in USB devices

Hello,

I have tried this fix multiple times to no avail. I'm looking for another fix for the same problem. Even after uninstalling the controllers, the same error occurs.

JacobPatterson22, Oct 14, 2015
  3. USB power surge notification when plugging in USB devices

Thank you so much, fixed the problem!

AliWalker007, Oct 14, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Catch22,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The most recent crashes are caused by the TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter driver.
    Check TP-LINK for driver updates and make sure you are using the latest drivers.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athurx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athurx.sys 5: kd> lmvm athurx start end module name fffff800`0a5b0000 fffff800`0a78e000 athurx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athurx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athurx.sys Image name: athurx.sys Timestamp: Wed Apr 20 12:07:45 2011 (4DAEB071) CheckSum: 001E1C78 ImageSize: 001DE000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR - Often when plugging USB in/out - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR Often plugging

2. Random USB just plug in plug out every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random USB just plug in plug out every 30 seconds: please help meim doing my little research and this is show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-usb-just-plug-in-plug-out-every-30-seconds/7f29d6a1-1bf3-4c73-9894-616124ad02d2
  3. Random USB just plug in plug out every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random USB just plug in plug out every 30 seconds: please help meim doing my little research and this is show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-usb-just-plug-in-plug-out-every-30-seconds/7f29d6a1-1bf3-4c73-9894-616124ad02d2
  4. Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.: I have a Brand New Dell Vostro 3510 which I've set up using Windows 11. When my headset or even the internet cable is connected to my computer, it somehow malfunctions the applications that are opened. The applications begin to freeze Would someone know the solution to this?...
  5. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB restarts when headphones are plugged in: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB: Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r...
  7. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys: Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes. I've tried...
  8. Plugged in/ out notification not shown when charger is plugged in or out

Plugged in/ out notification not shown when charger is plugged in or out: Hello!! I noticed something yesterday on my laptop. Whenever I used to put the charger on or take it off there was always a popup notification telling me whether the laptop is on charge or on battery. Since yesterday there is no notification but thank God the battery is...
  9. Bsod stop error kernel_security_check_error

Bsod stop error kernel_security_check_error: Received this error this evening. I have attached the minidump file. Attachment 53383 Thank you as always for your assistance. 33644
  10. AcdSee BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR

AcdSee BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR: Hi all, First of all, i spend a lot of time trying to understand my problem, checked lot of drivers, tested "verifier" function under windows but without success, so need your help *Smile verifier crash at startup without say me the problem *Sad My Windows 10 x64 work...