Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Update 1/14/2017: The thread has been marked as "solved", however the drives with the installations lost their partition information after BSODs, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrFreeman, Jun 19, 2016.

1. MrFreeman Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short

Update 1/14/2017: The thread has been marked as "solved", however the drives with the installations lost their partition information after BSODs, so there was no actual resolution to this issue.

Went to plug in my USB mouse and plugged it into a broken USB port causing my system to short out. The system boots up with several "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" screens, and an automatic repair results in another blue screen, some kind of power up related screen. I can get to a "restore checkpoint" feature, but the system freezes during the restore. After a hard reset, the computer might boot up. I am currently on the machine and it is running, but I am scared to turn it off or restart.

:)

MrFreeman, Jun 19, 2016
  2. hgytty Win User

Windows 10 installation bootable media USB gives 'KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE'

Recently, 32 bit version of Windows 10 successfully installed on windows 7 laptop. All running fine.

I have installed a full 8Gb of memory into the laptop, expecting to be able to install 64 bit version of windows 10.

Computer is still working fine with 32 bit upgrade version of windows 10 and this 8Gb of memory (although only 3.4Gb being used).

Downloaded media creation tool, and made bootable USB for installing 64 bit windows 10.

However, after booting from this USB, the windows logo appears for short while followed by

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short :( Sorry need to restart.... KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, and it shuts down.

It still boots the old 32 version from hard disk happily.

Any ideas what the problem with the bootable USB is?

hgytty, Jun 19, 2016
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on USB Tethering

Hello I'm getting a blue screen with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when I plug in my one plus5 phone and activate "USB Tethering" on the phone. After the update my window 10 ,the system is automatically restart again and again

deepakbhatnagar, Jun 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi MrFreeman,

I would suggest to try the USB mouse on a different system to see if it is damaged after you connected it in the broken USB.
    It is also a good idea to update the USB mouse drivers or reinstall them.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm FLxHCIc Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`d9d90000 fffff801`d9dd2000 FLxHCIc T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: FLxHCIc.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\FLxHCIc.sys Image name: FLxHCIc.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Jul 30 05:14:53 2015 (55B996AD) CheckSum: 0004C403 ImageSize: 00042000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short [​IMG]

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short [​IMG]

5. MrFreeman Win User
    Thank you for the reply,

The mouse works fine on several machines, however I am confused with the error you posted which is now almost over a year old. My BSODs are very recent, within the last few days, and this did not start back in 2015 when I still was running Windows 7.

MrFreeman, Jun 21, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That is the date of the mouse driver, not when the dump was created. There is only one dump iun the zip file you uploaded, dated 6/19 at 6:55PM.

If you are using a disk cleaning program like CCleaner, stop until this problem is resolved. If usiong CCleaner, set it up as follows:

Attachment 86212

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2016
  7. MrFreeman Win User
    Ahha, I see. Interesting. Thank you for clarifying! Perhaps I have BSOD dumps disabled somewhere? I am 99.9% certain if I restart I will get the series of them again.

The mouse was unplugged, in fact I unplugged everything but the battery when attempting to boot back up into Win10 and it received the various BSODs. I can film it if necessary, however, Windows 10 BSODs seem to very lacking in any kind of information.

MrFreeman, Jun 21, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

The UI change of the BSOD is to make it less scary for many users, it contains the same but with less text.

9. MrFreeman Win User
    So is there any further information I can provide to assist in fixing the repeated BSODs I will get on my next reboot?

MrFreeman, Jun 21, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    You need to provide a new zip AFTER BSOD have occurred, the current has been analyzed

11. MrFreeman Win User
    There are no more startup BSODs, now it's just seemingly random BSODs...

MrFreeman, Jun 22, 2016
  12. MrFreeman Win User
    Updated with BSOD that led into a startup BSOD

MrFreeman, Jun 23, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

This driver is causing crashes, but I cannot relate it to any installed software.
    Driver Reference Table - excsd.sys

Code: ffffd001`03b2a118 fffff801`57c42418Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\excsd.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for excsd.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for excsd.sys excsd+0x12418 7: kd> lmvm excsd Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`57c30000 fffff801`57ca9000 excsd T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: excsd.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\excsd.sys Image name: excsd.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Jun 11 21:07:45 2015 (5579DC81) CheckSum: 000237D8 ImageSize: 00079000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

14. Ztruker Win User
    Axe0, I found this:
    ExpressCache is in services.txt.

Code: SERVICE_NAME: ExpressCache DISPLAY_NAME: ExpressCache TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS STATE : 4 RUNNING (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN) WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0) SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0) CHECKPOINT : 0x0 WAIT_HINT : 0x0[/quote]

Ztruker, Jun 23, 2016
  15. MrFreeman Win User
    Had another several BSODs happen since, and am now getting corrupted software errors. I'm really hoping none of my drive data is getting corrupted from all this sudden stop of disk activity.

MrFreeman, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE USB short

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi I am currently getting this random BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE upon checking event viewer I am getting this message The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff581b0277680, 0xfffff581b02775d8,...
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Good day! So I've been experiencing this blue screen a lot for quite some time now. It just reoccurs more often now, I can barely do anything productive with my laptop. I've tried the WhoCrashed software and it says the following: Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB: Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hello! In the last couple of days, I've been getting KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when i stop debugging my application in Visual Studio 2019. It doesn't happen anytime I stop debugging, but I can't work 30 minutes in visual studio without getting...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I was just minding my own business, with nothing open except File Explorer, a Wikipedia page and a YouTube video (both in Chrome), when all of a sudden my computer blue-screens with the following code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version...
  7. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Can't seems to figure this one out, the BSOD seemed to disappear for two weeks and now it's back. No particular cause, wether the PC is under load or idle. Crashes to Blue screen saying KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and reboots. Specs, System and Minidump files -...
  8. kernel_security_check_failure

kernel_security_check_failure: I have updated the files for the BSOD logs. Please do take a look. It is a Kernal_Security_Check_Failure about 99% of the time. Sometimes they will happen when I launch a game, when I start playing music, or even when I am away from the computer without anything running. I am...
  9. Kernel_security_check_failure

Kernel_security_check_failure: Nineteen days of BSODS with the this warning. Started with a cumulative update. Have not gotten a solution, yet. Windows 10 (64), with all the latest (updated) programs, versions, and drivers, and I ran every conceivable scan to detect issues, without finding a clue to...
  10. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after memory upgrade

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after memory upgrade: Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop with 4GB (2x2GB) RAM has been working for months, no problems, after upgrade from Win7 to Win10. Bought PNY memory (2x4GB) to improve performance and every time it boots I get BOSD with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and then just continues to...