Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since preforming both a fresh install and a Reset of Windows 10 I have been getting a BSOD every time I try to install the 64 bit version of Potplayer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buzzardrock, Jan 5, 2016.

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64

Since preforming both a fresh install and a Reset of Windows 10 I have been getting a BSOD every time I try to install the 64 bit version of Potplayer. The 32 bit version installs correctly though.

I saw some previous posts that mention a graphics driver problem, and I am able to install the x64 version if I disable the Nvidia driver. I have tried to clean install and used the Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3d, but it still crashes.

DM Log file attached.

Attachment 57264

:)

buzzardrock, Jan 5, 2016

2. Video Players crash in Windows 10

So I reinstalled Windows and it worked fine for 2-3 days, then I installed the latest updates from Microsoft and the players crash again, same logs from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: PotPlayerMini64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x550bde3b

Faulting module name: PotPlayer64.dll, version: 1.6.55390.0, time stamp: 0x55b1ccdc

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000037e165

Faulting process ID: 0x228c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cfb871aabf18

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayer64.dll

Report ID: ead1f6a2-d594-467f-9f25-f0c63c5054ff

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: PotPlayerMini64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x550bde3b

Faulting module name: PotPlayer64.dll, version: 1.6.55390.0, time stamp: 0x55b1ccdc

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000037e165

Faulting process ID: 0x1420

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cfb79fa48b41

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayer64.dll

Report ID: 866af37d-a77e-4341-9fe4-9fb057238710

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is quite annoying, I know stuff like this happen with a new system, but this is ridiculous.

Not to mention the Event Viewer logs look horrible, errors after errors, when for example on Windows 8.1 my machine was stable at 10 score in Reliability Monitor.

Anyone has any ideas?

PS: Same error does appear in all video players...... not just that one from the above logs..

AlexBarcan, Jan 5, 2016
  3. "Kernel_security_check_failure" message. Windows 10.

Since installing the free upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 my usb webcam wont work. when I try to use it I get a "Kernel_security_check_failure" message. How can I fix this?

BILLARRINGTONB, Jan 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64

Hi buzzardrock,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Are you using both your GPU's (i.e. switching)?

axe0, Jan 6, 2016
  5. In the Nvidia Control Panel "Prefered graphics processor" is set to auto-select, so I assumed my laptop would use integrated until I ran a game or other graphics intensive program. Right clicking the Potplayer setup file shows that the integrated processor is default. I ran the setup with the high performance processor and still a bsod.

In case it's important, these crashes started when I installed windows 10 on my new ssd. Potplayer worked when I had windows 10 on my previous hard drive.

Attachment 57541

buzzardrock, Jan 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure you are using 1 GPU the whole time.

Please check your manufacturer for driver updates for the audio.

Is the firmware for your SSD updated?

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  7. I already installed the audio drivers from the manufacturer page.

I didn't even think about a firmware update for the ssd, so I did update that. Running the setup file still caused a bsod.

I tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers using the DDU tool from Guru3D to uninstall, and then set my preferred graphics processor to integrated in the Nvidia control panel. The PotplayerSetup64 successfully installed, but when it tried to download additional codecs there was another bsod.

I'm not sure if that is what you meant by use only one GPU.

Attachment 57587

buzzardrock, Jan 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Use either the Intel GPU OR the Nvidia GPU, that is what I mean with use only one GPU, hope that is clear.

Regarding the audio drivers, when have you updated the Creative drivers?

If you changed the GPU setting BEFORE trying to update the SSD firmware, try to update the SSD firmware again.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when installing Potplayer64 - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE installing Potplayer64

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when livestreaming?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when livestreaming?: I've been getting BSODs whenever I am live streaming to Twitch. Here is the link to the minidump.I did multiple fresh installs of Windows, thinking it was a faulty SSD I had. I replaced my old SSD. It seems to only happen when I stream to Twitch, so I was thinking it was a...
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB: Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD when running games

ntoskrnl.exe KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD when running games: Hello I've been working on this BSOD for a few months now, and I just recently found out it was from the ntoskrnl.exe file. Doing a little research, I found out that this is my Windows Kernel file, which scares me. I tried running a Windows Memory Test, which gave me 0...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I was just minding my own business, with nothing open except File Explorer, a Wikipedia page and a YouTube video (both in Chrome), when all of a sudden my computer blue-screens with the following code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Can't seems to figure this one out, the BSOD seemed to disappear for two weeks and now it's back. No particular cause, wether the PC is under load or idle. Crashes to Blue screen saying KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and reboots. Specs, System and Minidump files -...
  7. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds: Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The BSOD has been happening when...
  8. Kernel_security_check_failure

Kernel_security_check_failure: Nineteen days of BSODS with the this warning. Started with a cumulative update. Have not gotten a solution, yet. Windows 10 (64), with all the latest (updated) programs, versions, and drivers, and I ran every conceivable scan to detect issues, without finding a clue to...
  9. BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app

BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app: Lately i have been receiving BSOD kernel security check failure EVERYtime i lauch Corel video Studio x8 pro on my laptop. I have been using it for a while and it has never crashed on me when i used windows 8. On windows 10 it worked for a while but few days back it just...
  10. BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max

BSOD "Kernel_Security_Check_Failure" when working in 3Ds Max: Hello everybody! I just made a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, and I've been having a BSOD when working in 3ds Max 2016. For now, it's only when closing the software after working on it. However, the reason I made the clean install was because it was happening...