Windows 10: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake

Discus and support KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, i'm getting a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD shortly after or by execution of the win10 version of handbrakeCLI (uses x264 encoder). In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thomas933, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Thomas933 Win User

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake

Hey,

i'm getting a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD shortly after or by execution of the win10 version of handbrakeCLI (uses x264 encoder).
    In compability mode (win7) it seems to work.

I updated the drivers before the last bluescreen (from the Lenovo homepage) but that didn't do the trick.

Laptop was upgraded from Win8 to Win10 some while ago. Dumps point to dxgmms2.sys or ntoskrnl.exe. Don't think it's an application fault, is it?

Attachment 65142

:)

Thomas933, Feb 18, 2016

2. x6 video/audio playback support

I am considering to get x6 and have few questions.

I want to use a third party video convertor for better and faster conversion and need following information.

what is the max X264 playback resolution and FPS?

what is the X264 max bitrate it can process without any lag and what is optimal X264 bitrate (with max supported resolution and FPS)?

Similerly i want to know the video capturing support as below.

Does it support x264 video capturing?

What is max bit rate of recording in AAC?

Same information is also required for x263.

Looking for good information.

azfarhusain, Feb 18, 2016
  3. pikolobi Win User
    HandBrake video conversion for Asha 302

I have Handbrake installed on my computer, but my most favorite is AppGeeker.

How to Convert WMV File to MP4 Format on Mac & PC Flawlessly

Handbrake has its restriction for outputing only mp4 and mkv container file, while AppGeeker give ability to convert anything to anything.

pikolobi, Feb 18, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Could you explain to me what this handbrakeCLI software is? I'm unfamiliair with it.

Most of the crashes show some stuff of the DirectX Kernel graphics (dxgmms2.sys) what points to the display drivers usually.
    The ntoskrnl.exe is Windows Kernel, simplified it is never the true cause unless you experience a hell lot of problems (much more then only bluescreens).

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

5. Thomas933 Win User
    It's a open source video transcoder, the CLI stands for the command-line version (see quote beneath)

I tried it again after uninstalling Daemon Tools and looking for the SPTD but no luck whatsoever. I'll attach the current bluescreen.

Attachment 65461

Thomas933, Feb 20, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    A question, do you use both your GPU's?

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake - Similar Threads - KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi I am currently getting this random BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE upon checking event viewer I am getting this message The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff581b0277680, 0xfffff581b02775d8,...
  3. Looking for a Handbrake alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Handbrake alternative: Hi I am looking for a more robust trans coder than Handbrake for Windows 10 version 2004 x64, I don't mind if is payware Thank you very much in advance jedi I don't have idea where to start with this result, they are suggesting the "best" Handbrake alternative, usually I...
  4. Batch encoding using Handbrake

Batch encoding using Handbrake: So I am trying to use Handbreak encoder to encode an enormous amount of videos , but the problem is I need to set all loaded files to a certain global encoding setting , yet the problem I face is that settings apply to only first file loaded , another problem is that whenever...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hello! In the last couple of days, I've been getting KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when i stop debugging my application in Visual Studio 2019. It doesn't happen anytime I stop debugging, but I can't work 30 minutes in visual studio without getting...
  6. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I was just minding my own business, with nothing open except File Explorer, a Wikipedia page and a YouTube video (both in Chrome), when all of a sudden my computer blue-screens with the following code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version...
  7. kernel_security_check_failure

kernel_security_check_failure: I have updated the files for the BSOD logs. Please do take a look. It is a Kernal_Security_Check_Failure about 99% of the time. Sometimes they will happen when I launch a game, when I start playing music, or even when I am away from the computer without anything running. I am...
  8. GSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after attempted upgrade to 15007

GSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after attempted upgrade to 15007: I'm currently on Windows 10 build 14986. I tried to update to 15002 during the week but it kept failing with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and the same issue is happening again with 15007. As soon as the computer reboots after "configuring Windows Update", I get that...
  9. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake: Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file, movie and subtitle same name. Played the movie in any player on...
  10. BSOD While Gaming (Kernel_Security_Check_Failure)

BSOD While Gaming (Kernel_Security_Check_Failure): Anyone that could help, I appreciate it! This issue started yesterday, and I can't pinpoint what started it. I finished my last final for the semester, and I went to open Batman: Arkham Knight. The launcher opened and got to the main menu, but then I got the BSOD saying...