Windows 10: key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

Discus and support key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital " in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Full title of tutorial is Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials We have a bunch of Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, Jun 26, 2017.

1. x509 Win User

key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

Full title of tutorial is Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

We have a bunch of Win 10 Pro systems. All were upgrades from Retail Win 7 or Win 8. Three systems have just one Win 10 install each, and one multi-booting system has three separate Win 10 installs, in separate disk partitions. All these upgrades were created with just local accounts (for privacy reasons).

Last week, I re-installed the motherboard in one system after a repair (same board, just some chips replaced, maybe?) I had to re-activate. *Eek And with only a local account, I had to do an activation over the phone. *Sad I don't want to risk losing a license, so I want to get all these systems covered in a Microsoft Account before something else goes wrong.

So I read this this entire tutorial and I would like to validate if the following are true for the Creators Update:
    • I can still use my local account for my daily work, as long as I create a separate admin account that I use to link the digital entitlement to a Microsoft Account.
    • For that separate admin account, the password that I use to log into my system has to be the same as the Microsoft Account.
    • If I have more than one admin account on a system, only one admin account can link that digital entitlement to a Microsoft Account.
    • I can use just one Microsoft account to register with Microsoft all the digital entitlements across all our systems. That is, I can "manage" all my entitlements with just one Microsoft Account.

Yes to this bullet? No? Cerebrus seems to saying NO in that thread. Others seem to think YES.

Thanks.

:)

2. Question about linking Windows license to MS account

I have heard that after the anniversary update it is possible to link the Windows license to the Microsoft account instead of the motherboard. When I tried to do it in settings the button wasn't there. I was looking into it because I'm on a laptop right
    now but I will build my own PC pretty soon. This laptop was originally Windows 8.1 and I upgraded to Windows 10 around a month after it came out. According to the tutorial on Windows Central, the "Activation" part in settings should say "Windows is activated
    with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" but on my computer it says "Windows is activated" then below that it says "Product Key: Windows 10 on this device is activated with a digital entitlement". It says nothing about the license being connected
    to my account. How do I fix this?

WilliamS_2000, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Shenan Stanley, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Yes.

Yes. Signing in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, the password is always that of Microsoft account.

Yes. Digital license of a Windows 10 PC can only be attached to one MS account at any given time.

Yes.

Please notice that license transfer and management can be confusing if you do not use descriptive computer names.

By default Windows names a PC with DESKTOP-XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is a random 7 character alphanumeric string. Naming your PC before assigning license to a Microsoft account helps you to identify your computers and digital licenses when transferring licenses.

Here's how to name a PC when installing Windows 10:

[youtube]6L1pl1VoGNs[/youtube]
    (Video from thread Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! Solved - Windows 10 Forums)

To give a descriptive name later, see this tutorial: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Thema:

1. key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital " - Similar Threads - key points Tutorial

2. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  3. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  4. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  6. Microsoft digitally linked account question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft digitally linked account question.: So my neighbours been given a computer for her kids and it looks like it was a windows 7 laptop that someone has made up an email and a phone number to install windows 10 with digital licence activation. Windows works fine but starts complaining it wants to send a text to...
  7. Windows Keys linked to microsoft account

Windows Keys linked to microsoft account: I recently built a new computer. When I installed windows, I chose "I do not have a product key" and planned to buy one later. However, after signing into windows, I realized that my computer was activated, and when I checked the activation background section, I discovered it...
  8. Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account

Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account: I have installed Windows 10 Pro to My PC. In activation section, it shows that "Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account" Now how can I be sure that this windows version is GENUINE? Please help......
  9. Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account: Hi, I'm trying to link my Windows 10 Education license to my Microsoft Account following this tutorial:...
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: How to: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License How to Link Microsoft Account to Digital License for Windows 10 Activation Starting with Activation troubleshooter if you make a hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard. There is not a...