Windows 10: Key problem

Discus and support Key problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the iso on a work machine with a fast connection as my home adls sucks balls. Stuck it on a usb stick, but can't seem to get past the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 4lex, Jul 30, 2015.

1. 4lex Win User

Key problem

I downloaded the iso on a work machine with a fast connection as my home adls sucks balls. Stuck it on a usb stick, but can't seem to get past the requirement for a product key, and my 7 key doesn't do it. What have I done wrong here, this was supposed to be a free upgrade wasn't it?

Have tried running both from within 7 (x64 pro) and booting from installation media.

Cheers.

:)

2. Adobe Flash Player

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately this did not help. I see no 'jigsaw puzzle-like" icon. The problem is occurring with only one game that I have been playing for ages and does not occur on other games from the same site. The message I'm getting
    is "you must have javascript and be using the latest version of Adobe Flash Player". Both are part of Windows 10 so no need to install or reinstall. But I did check to make sure that both are operating, following the onscreen prompts and in advanced settings
    Adobe Flash Player is checked as being on, but then I run the test and it says it is disabled. I'm more than a little confused.

SharynMcKinlay-Key, Jul 30, 2015
  3. briteyesG Win User
    Keyboard problem with the @ key and the " key

Why does my keyboard revert to this problem every time we get an update. The shift +2 key is again typing " instead of the @.

This is so annoying. I am in NZ using the UK english language and fixed this yesterday but with last nights update the problem is back with us. SO SO annoying

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

briteyesG, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Key problem

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. 4lex Win User
    Hello Brink. Thanks for the reply. I did launch setup from the USB stick from within activated 7, but no choice was offered to upgrade or otherwise prior to the request for the key, and my win7 isn't accepted there of course *Sad

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  7. 4lex Win User
    I haven't been able to do an install at all. I run setup, get the option to check for updates, and the next windows demands a key - that's running from within activated 7. If i run booting from install media and choose upgrade it tells me to start windows normally and try again.

8. 4lex Win User

Key problem

Ah. but windows update must be running, which it isn't. Thanks for the link, hopefully that's it

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  10. 4lex Win User
    Not clear if this is going to fix it, but what is clear is it's not a good idea to turn on windows update on a six year old installation of win7. Haven't needed gigs of updates in all those years, why would I want them now!

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not having those updates could be the issue as well.

Please let us know how it went with using step 3 if you wanted to try.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  12. 4lex Win User
    step3 meaning using MS download tool to get the ISO and apply to a usb stick, is exactly what I did. Get to step ten, then it demands a key. 7 is definitely correctly and legally activated, but it doesn't have any updates, so I guess that *could* be the installer's beef.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Key problem

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  14. 4lex Win User
    Well it is really, aside from choosing the 'upgrade this pc' option, which isn't an option for me, it would take a couple of weeks, and appears to offer no kind of resume functionality.

The stupid part is I have the ISO, it's just refusing to play nice. I've given up and decided to stick with 7 for the time being, glad I imaged the machine before if went update crazy.

Thema:

Key problem

1. Key problem - Similar Threads - Key problem

2. problems with my keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with my keys on keyboard: There is a problem with my keys on my keyboard, maybe dirt accumulating there but i have tried cleaning it. my keys keep clicking a even thought i dont click it, also my fn, esc, caps lock, q and 1 key dont work or they type aj, k and l keys end with ai have tried restarting...
  3. problems with my keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with my keys on keyboard: There is a problem with my keys on my keyboard, maybe dirt accumulating there but i have tried cleaning it. my keys keep clicking a even thought i dont click it, also my fn, esc, caps lock, q and 1 key dont work or they type aj, k and l keys end with ai have tried restarting...
  4. Keyboard key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard key problem: Hello everyone, I've had a problem for months if I press the ò or @ key the PC doesn't take the command, while if I keep them pressed I can write them this happens ONLY on that keyboard key. all the others work normally. I also changed the keyboard I bought yesterday on amZon...
  5. Keyboard key problem

Keyboard key problem: Hello everyone, I've had a problem for months if I press the ò or @ key the PC doesn't take the command, while if I keep them pressed I can write them this happens ONLY on that keyboard key. all the others work normally. I also changed the keyboard I bought yesterday on amZon...
  6. i have been in a problem, my labtop keyboard is not double typing any same key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have been in a problem, my labtop keyboard is not double typing any same key.: it resolve automatically when restart my laptop but it hits again after some moments. like its impossible to write double letters such as ss , dd, and 11 etc...
  7. i have been in a problem, my labtop keyboard is not double typing any same key.

i have been in a problem, my labtop keyboard is not double typing any same key.: it resolve automatically when restart my laptop but it hits again after some moments. like its impossible to write double letters such as ss , dd, and 11 etc...
  8. Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.: My old computer, HP Pavilion P6 series Desktop had pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. Over the years this went to Windows 10 Home. But recently there was a problem as it continully rebooted. I tried to load from backup, but that failed. Eventually I formated the drive and...
  9. Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.

Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.: My old computer, HP Pavilion P6 series Desktop had pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. Over the years this went to Windows 10 Home. But recently there was a problem as it continully rebooted. I tried to load from backup, but that failed. Eventually I formated the drive and...
  10. Some keys of keyboard are not working pls solve this problem ASAP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys of keyboard are not working pls solve this problem ASAP: Some keys of keyboard are not working pls solve this problem ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-of-keyboard-are-not-working-pls-solve/5f1a6058-292c-47a9-a015-f8da600aaee2