Windows 10: Key repeating on login...

Discus and support Key repeating on login... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivehafintosh, May 21, 2016.

1. Key repeating on login...

Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to Win10..
    So the circumstances are completely repeatable and happen every time I do the following...
    I wrote a .vbs script to do the equivalent of essentially pressing Win+L to lock the desktop and go to the switch user screen.
    Whenever I log in apparently when I get to somewhere I can type, the number 0 repeats infinitely until I unplug my keyboard and plug it back in... (last number in my pin) Note: keys do not repeat until after I log back in, because I can type my pin just fine...
    I used to have one of my macro keys set to Win+L, but the L key would repeat after the switch user screen was reached, and would prevent idle 2 sleep function.
    I have a Razer Black Window keyboard.
    Strange part, is the vbs script is launched via a shortcut I double-click on my desktop....
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks!
    ~R4E

:)

rivehafintosh, May 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Lock Screen and Repeating Character

Thank you for your response.

I am unable to get past the login (enter password) screen to access any additional functions such as a clean boot.

As the character repeats, when I press the ctl key, it stops repeating. Release the key, the repeating continues.

Starduster62, May 21, 2016
  3. Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

I have the same problem but the two methods did not work for me.

Filter Keys is not turned on.

Is there any other solution?

vdesmedt25, May 21, 2016
  4. Key repeating on login...

Hi,

Look here & try the "True" statement at the end?

Lottiemansion, May 21, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    There is no firmware that is installed on keyboards. Sounds like your VBS program is the culprit. You do not need a program to lock the OS. Just set the timer at a shorter time or use your phone as a way to trigger automatic login and logoff when you walk away with the phone.

Trying to make Windows to do something that a two finger salute can do, is personally a waste of effort.

bro67, May 21, 2016
  6. Thanks lottie I'll go ahead and try that in a few minutes and let you know what happens.
    @bro67 " Trying to make Windows to do something that a two finger salute can do, is personally a waste of effort. "
    Not when you have a loud mechanical keyboard, and you want to quietly lock your computer. It's right next to my shortcuts for changing the power-mode (time to sleep). Personally I think it's convenient.

rivehafintosh, May 22, 2016
  7. So as far as I can tell, this fixed the issue. Although it hasn't been very long since I updated the script with your suggestion.
    Just wanted to say thanks for helping me with this issue, it was really annoying having to disconnect & reconnect my keyboard every time I logged back in.
    *Party

I'm going to give it a few more days before I mark this as solved, just in case.

rivehafintosh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Key repeating on login...

1. Key repeating on login... - Similar Threads - Key repeating login

2. Key stuck and/or repeating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key stuck and/or repeating.: Hello, so this is a laptop keyboard issue that I've had for a little bit now, sometimes goes away, sometimes not. A specific key, in my case, the "D" key, upon being pressed keeps either repeating itself constantly like 4 or 5 letters come out of 1 click, not working or a mix...
  3. keys keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  4. keys keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  5. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  6. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  7. key not registering and then repeating.

8. Repeat key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeat key not working: Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started since then or only now. I didn't notice as I didn't use my laptop much,I tried attaching another keyboard via USB port. It...
  9. Repeat key not working

Repeat key not working: Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started since then or only now. I didn't notice as I didn't use my laptop much,I tried attaching another keyboard via USB port. It...
  10. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. key repeating on login