Windows 10: Keyboard accents stop working everytime

Discus and support Keyboard accents stop working everytime in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 10 system with Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050, and in about 5 in 5 minutes the accents stop working. As a workaround,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisvltn, Aug 20, 2018.

1. chrisvltn Win User

Keyboard accents stop working everytime

Hi everyone,

I'm using Windows 10 system with Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050, and in about 5 in 5 minutes the accents stop working. As a workaround, I switch to another language, and the accents start working again. Now I have the Portuguese language with ABNT2 Keyboard and English language with ABNT2 Keyboard. When PT language accents stop working, I switch to English, and when English accents stop working, I switch to PT again, and so goes on.

Keyboard accents stop working everytime 677e3c59-5875-4093-8e3c-bc2c7fb362b1?upload=true.png

You can see there that both PT-BR and ENG languages have the same keyboard type

(English with US Keyboard is there because Windows simply puts it there automatically, even if I don't ask for it, but this is another issue)

Observations:

It is happening since I installed this OS.

The first main system language was English, but I installed the Portuguese language because of the date format. I know that the system translation has a lot of bugs since Windows 7, so maybe this can be the issue as well, as I installed this translation just after I installed the OS.

Thank you, in advance

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

chrisvltn, Aug 20, 2018

2. Accents stopped working

After updating to version 1709, I cannot type acute accents any longer. I am using English as Windows language, with Latin American keyboard layout. I could type accents as "dead keys" until the update. Now the accents associated with acute and dieresis
    (key next to P key) do not work. Grave and circunflex still work (è, ê; not useful in Spanish, though). If I keep the key pressed for a couple of seconds, a double accent is produced: ´´ and ¨¨. So, the hardware of the key works.

I have tried changing the keyboard to Spanish (Latin American), without solving the problem. I tried several combinations of language and keyboard, without success.

Any suggestion wil be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Guillermo

GuillermoAbramson, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Troubles with accent on QWERTY keyboard

Hi Pillow,

Conflicts with the keyboard settings after the update is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues creating an accented letter using your keyboard. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Which OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • What application or platform are you trying to input this character?
    • What is the make and model of your keyboard?
    • Have you tried updating the keyboard driver?

Meanwhile, you can try to use the Character Map and check if you will be able to insert the accented letters. The Character Map was made to allow users to insert special characters on their documents. To open the Character Map, You can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + S to open Search
      Bar.
    • Type Character Map, then click it.
    • When the application launches, look for the special character that you want to insert on your document.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Keyboard accents stop working everytime

Issues with using accents through the keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there keyword is not used correctly.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• What is the language pack are you using on the computer?
    • When you say that "put accents above the e and o but i can't seem ", how exactly have you tried to use the accents on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article about how to type accented characters.

Using US-Int'l Keyboard Layout to Type Accented Characters:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/97738

Please get back to us with an update on issue with typing accented character through keyboard on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard accents stop working everytime

1. Keyboard accents stop working everytime - Similar Threads - Keyboard accents stop

2. Accents deadkeys randomly stop working with CMS keyboard on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accents deadkeys randomly stop working with CMS keyboard on WIndows 10: Hi,For some odd reason, accent deadkeys stop working on WIndows 10. I haven't figured out why it happenes, but worse, I don't know how to make it revert to its correct behavior.Normally, I should be able to press ^ followed by e to get the ^^e.., well, as you can see, that's...
  3. Accents deadkeys randomly stop working with CMS keyboard on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accents deadkeys randomly stop working with CMS keyboard on WIndows 10: Hi,For some odd reason, accent deadkeys stop working on WIndows 10. I haven't figured out why it happenes, but worse, I don't know how to make it revert to its correct behavior.Normally, I should be able to press ^ followed by e to get the ^^e.., well, as you can see, that's...
  4. keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer: My steelseries keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer. It will instantly work if i manually plug it in and out of the USB port and work for that session....
  5. keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer: My steelseries keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer. It will instantly work if i manually plug it in and out of the USB port and work for that session....
  6. Accents on French Canadian Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accents on French Canadian Keyboard: Hello! I've started using the French Canadian keyboard setup on my standard keyboard because I'm writing in French more and more. My only problem is that everyone says that the ' button second from the right on the caps row should let me then press any letter and get an...
  7. Keyboard Stops Working!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Stops Working!!!: I am using a Dell 3593 laptop with an external keyboard. When I put the laptop to sleep, the external keyboard stops working, and I have to plug it out and then plug in the USB for it to work again. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance! :...
  8. Keyboard stops working

Keyboard stops working: Three or four times a day the keyboard stops working for about 5 minutes. I can't enter text or use any of the keys. I can't open Task Manager with ctrl-alt-delete to investigate. The mouse still works. I can use it to close or open programs, shutdown etc. Does anyone have a...
  9. Keyboard accent keys not working

Keyboard accent keys not working: I have a Portuguese (Portugal) keyboard layout, which means that acute is paired with grave as well as tilde and circumflex. Recently, about 5 days ago, both my accent keys practically stopped working. Holding them very occasionally lays the punctuation down but it's...
  10. Keyboard accents stop working everytime

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard accents stop working everytime: Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 10 system with Microsoft Comfort Desktop 5050, and in about 5 in 5 minutes the accents stop working. As a workaround, I switch to another language, and the accents start working again. Now I have the Portuguese language with ABNT2 Keyboard and...