Windows 10: Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It kept prompting me to upgrade to Windows 10, so I did so. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lyleeloo, Sep 22, 2015.

1. lyleeloo Win User

Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

Forgive me if this is in the wrong area.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It kept prompting me to upgrade to Windows 10, so I did so.
    Now the button that disables my touchpad (also the F5 button) is not working.
    The touchpad will not turn off.

Secondly, when I try to move the cursor, the "right click" menu pops up wherever the cursor lands, and it will not let me type. I have to use an external mouse to click out of the menu, then put the cursor back where I wanted it to land.

How can I make the disable button on my keyboard work again, and how can I fix the mouse so that the right click menu only comes up if I actually right click?

Thank you!

:)

lyleeloo, Sep 22, 2015

2. Keyboard and touchpad malfunctioning Feb Win 10 update

Today after February 2016 cumulative update in Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad suddenly stopped working in my Dell XPS Laptop. Keyboard is responseing with backlight but no button working. Can't shutdown my machine yet.

Please help immediately.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Sep 22, 2015
  3. touchpad stopped working

Touchpad on Surface 3 w/ Windows 10 stopped working. After much frustration, I discovered a simple fix: Detach the keyboard; then re-attach cit. Voila! The touchpad works.

BobSpearOnSurfaceWin10, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

I also have a Toshiba Satellite and am having the same problem, among a couple other issues. I will post here when I find a solution to the touchpad problem.

butterflyred6, Sep 23, 2015
  5. BTW, I am noticing the touchpad now works like the screen of a tablet. It doesn't work the same anymore. Have you noticed this? I can zoom, etc. This may be a new feature and why the on/off button doesn't work.

butterflyred6, Sep 23, 2015
  6. hawkman Win User
    After the upgrade is complete, you should be getting the Elan/synaptics update for W10, check you updates.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 23, 2015
  7. Hi in settings go to system and see if tablet mode is on if so then you can turn it off to bring it back to laptop mode.
    Also has Toshiba updated the drivers on your laptop only mine has just been up graded and t runs now faster and better

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

1. Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard button disable

2. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  3. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  4. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep

Touchpad and keyboard stop working after sleep: My touchpad and keyboard stop working after being in sleep mode. Sometimes it works for a few seconds, but always stops. They only start working again if I force restart. This problem has persisted for months and through several Windows updates. All my drivers are up to...
  6. Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load

Keyboard and touchPad Stop working after windows load: As soon as Windows login complete Touch Pad and Keyboard stop working Model: HP Pavilion 360 Windows 10 Troubleshooting tried Keyboard and touch Pad working well before Login Keyboard verified on startup after pressing Eec key on start ,keyboard works well...
  7. keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update

keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update: this morning i turn on my acer e15 laptop and both the keyboard and the touchpad are non-responsive. iused the on-screen keyboard to login and tried every possible fix and it still not working i checked the update history and could not locate the mentioned update to...
  8. Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!

Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!: I am having a weird problem with my laptop. It's keyboard and touchpad stooped working a few days after windows 10 upgrade. I have tried so many thing to resolve the issue! I restarted several times. I tried log in in safe mode. didn't work. I updated the drivers....
  9. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...
  10. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...