Windows 10: Keyboard change problems

Discus and support Keyboard change problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I switch between English, Turkish and French keyboards. With the Windows 10; A) The Turkish keyboard is not properly defined, where it had the "?"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElvanTurak, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Keyboard change problems

I switch between English, Turkish and French keyboards. With the Windows 10;

A) The Turkish keyboard is not properly defined, where it had the "?" question mark before there is zilch. One keystroke space wasted and I can't use a question mark when I am writing in Turkish. Just to put a question mark on the text I have to switch back to the English keyboard, put the "?" in the text and switch back to Turkish. Arrrgh! And that doesn't always work either.

Because:

B) Switching back to the English (Australia) Keyboard I get really weird punctuation marks. For example if I press for "?" I get ">" instead. This happens sometimes. Other times I get "." Most annoying and time consuming. Finding a question mark on the keyboard becomes impossible. Do I have to learn how to define keystrokes myself or is MS going to put a more user-friendly keyboard out?

:)

ElvanTurak, Jul 9, 2018

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 9, 2018
  3. I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Keyboard change problems

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard change problems

1. Keyboard change problems - Similar Threads - Keyboard change problems

2. Problem changing the language on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem changing the language on the keyboard: [ATTACH] I've got a problem: When I press alt + shift, the language of my keyboard doesn't alternate between Qwerty and Azerty anymore (I have a pop up with my languages that appears but the change is not automatic). I have instead of the Fr/En logo, these three icons...
  3. keyboard change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard change: I would prefer a different keyboard -Sony or Dell but cant' figure out how to do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-change/1104e1f6-710e-4d7c-a3ea-acedb4a69e49
  4. Problem changing keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem changing keyboard settings: Hello. I had recently changed the hotkeys for language changing in my keyboard settings and I found out that they dont suit me. However, Windows doesn´t let me make another change and a window pops up saying that I do not have the appropriate permission to change these...
  5. Keyboard Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Problem: Hi, I have a HP ProBook laptop with Windows 10. Suddenly, the Enter and Backspace key stopped working and would thereafter start working intermittently. I wanted to know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue. If anyone else has faced this issue please let me...
  6. Keyboard language change problems

Keyboard language change problems: Dear Microsoft, During using my windows 10 I have two keyboard languages added. Default language is English which is also my System language, additionally I use German. I change my keyboard layout with the default binding SHIFT+ALT. From time to time, it happens that I...
  7. Keyboard problem

Keyboard problem: Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop with windows 10. My F1-F12 keys to change screen brightness, change volume, skip and play songs, etc . are no longer working. I saw an answer back in 2013 I tried it and it didn't work. Help would be much appreciated....
  8. keyboard problem

keyboard problem: hi my laptop keyboard is not functioning properly. Everytime to type i have to press left control key otherwise it does not type at all rather opens different windows. its very difficult as i am a research student. please help. what should i do?...
  9. Keyboard Changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard Changes: My PS2 Keyboard keeps changing to a different format ie the @ changes to the number 2 key I have uninstalled without success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/keyboard-changes/b9802733-bd06-46f6-aa45-8731615e35b7
  10. Keyboard change problems

Keyboard change problems: I switch between English, Turkish and French keyboards. With the Windows 10; A) The Turkish keyboard is not properly defined, where it had the "?" question mark before there is zilch. One keystroke space wasted and I can't use a question mark when I am writing in Turkish....